Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thanks Guys  (Read 5225 times)
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:50:19 »

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks to everyone on here who I had the chance to banter with !! both good & bad (its part of the territory but not nice to read sometimes) Some of you are really great people who know their football well and great to interact with including all the Admins on here who do a sterling job keeping everything going and giving the platform to get things off our chests  Doh

For what it is worth it just never fell for Jonny here, and I dont believe you saw the real player at all, and I am completely convinced of that !! plus, a combination of Manager Loss, Injuries & later Dinosaur tactics, it was not going to be good especially combining that with a proposed 532 formation, so best to move on. Jonny had some great friends in all the players and they are irrespective of what is said brilliant to get on with and supported each other well, also some of the backroom staff will probably be friends with him for the long term !!

Jonny has signed for Burton on a permenant deal today after he had his medical this morning so good news that he is staying in League 1 and his time is complete at Bristol City. So I will have some banter from the opposite side later this season  Roll Eyes

Again, great being on here and meeting you all, Thanks and good luck for staying up this year !! and I really do for the sake of all the players and great support they get from you all.....

RF - Gary
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:54:23 »

You are more than welcome mate.

Take care and all the best for Jonny in his next venture.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:55:51 »

Classy message and all the best to Jonny.

Like I said in the rumours thread, I was really excited about him when I saw him the first few games, there's definitely something about him. It just didn't seem to work out, which happens. I've no doubt he'll tear us apart when we go to Burton!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:02:22 »

Really disappointed to see Jonny go. I feel he’s been dreadfully let down by the management. The sort of player we really should have been signing on a perm.

Hope he does well and stuffs it right up Sheridan’s arse.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:04:27 »

All the best to you and your lad.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:09:59 »

All the best Gary and to Jonny up at Burton Albion. It will be interesting to see how he gets on, hope he does well, apart from up at Burton when we play them, of course we hope he has a stinker!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:13:10 »

All the best to him,  never really worked for him here this season. Pretty sure he will make it given the correct opportunity  but would have loved it to have been here.
  Different club, different ideas, and a different manager who can see his strengths and play him in the correct position,  and hopefully it will all click into place.
Thanks for trying with us Jonny,  Good luck.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:14:40 »

All the best to him.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:15:02 »

Bon chance.  I've learned to be careful of judging the inside forward types after spending the best part of a year telling everyone Ritchie wasn't much kop and that Danny Ward was a far better player.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:28:41 »

Hope he told Sheridan to fuck off when he left.

All the best
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:33:30 »

Nice one Gary,

He's a top lad and deserved a perm chance somewhere, especially in this uncertain world. Hope he rips it up and is utilised properly.

Drop in every now and again. Decent bloke.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:37:11 »

Hope he told Sheridan to fuck off when he left.

All the best
Hope he kicked him in the hole
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:39:38 »

Good luck to Jonnie will be interesting to follow his career from afar, sadly he was never given a proper chance to show his skills under Sheridan...sadly as you say a dinosaur and needs to be sacked.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:40:58 »

Can’t help but think we missed out on a good’un here. Dinosaur tactics, says it all.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:56:07 »

Best of luck Gary and Johnny.  I enjoyed watching him, and I'm sure he has a great career ahead of him when he is managed properly to  his strengths.

ust be the oldest
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: