Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 98921 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 19:07:40 »

Yes it was. Sorry for finding a direct quote from a player of any interest when you'd already made the case, repeatedly.

Lesson learned, no harm done.  You'll come out of this stronger.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 19:08:17 »

Whilst it's great to hear players talking out etc i wish more would do it at the time rather than wait until it's too late

Trouble is, it requires a lot of courage to stick your head above the parapet. Nobody wants to be first, and shouldn't be on a young pro like Smith to do it (I know your point is generally about players, not just Smith). Likes of Caddis probably want to try and be a model pro, an example to the younger players. Trouble is, this was probably the wrong time to do the 'right' thing.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 20:27:54 »

No difference saying it now though surely? It's not as if he was playing anyway.
So he speaks out, gets sent back to his parent club, and gets branded a loudmouth troublemaker at the start of his career and struggles to find another, better loan or a move next season? Nah.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #888 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 06:30:37 »

So he speaks out, gets sent back to his parent club, and gets branded a loudmouth troublemaker at the start of his career and struggles to find another, better loan or a move next season? Nah.
He was being sent back anyway but his parent club said no. He's said what he said now anyway which alot of players won't usually do so that could be slightly damaging... Players not being signed for that just wouldn't happen
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 06:38:18 »

Let's face it, as "troublemakers" go, if Nile Ranger can continue to be employed as a footballer after his endless string of offences then Tyler Smith criticising the manager's style and tactics (Or lack of) shouldn't hinder his career too much.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 07:29:57 »

Let's face it, as "troublemakers" go, if Nile Ranger can continue to be employed as a footballer after his endless string of offences then Tyler Smith criticising the manager's style and tactics (Or lack of) shouldn't hinder his career too much.
Especially when everyone could see the evidence anyway.  Tyler has just confirmed what everyone already knew,  fair play to him.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:48:13 »

He was being sent back anyway but his parent club said no. He's said what he said now anyway which alot of players won't usually do so that could be slightly damaging... Players not being signed for that just wouldn't happen
If it's a marginal call on do we take player A  or player B and player B's got a reputation for being a gobby shit-stirrer, even if undeserved, of course it happens.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #892 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 15:22:48 »

If it's a marginal call on do we take player A  or player B and player B's got a reputation for being a gobby shit-stirrer, even if undeserved, of course it happens.
I don't believe for one second Tyler Smith would not be signed next season for saying what he said last night 3 months ago
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 15:31:37 »

I don't believe for one second Tyler Smith would not be signed next season for saying what he said last night 3 months ago
But the point is not whether you think that but whether Tyler Smith might think that. You originally expressed frustration that more players don't speak out more often at the time; I tried to provide an explanation as to why especially a young player still trying to establish himself in the game might choose not to.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #894 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 15:35:23 »

But the point is not whether you think that but whether Tyler Smith might think that. You originally expressed frustration that more players don't speak out more often at the time; I tried to provide an explanation as to why especially a young player still trying to establish himself in the game might choose not to.
That's fine i just disagree with it that's all.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 15:38:24 »

That's fine i just disagree with it that's all.
Fair enough.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: