Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 99451 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 17:55:25 »

He’s was trained to stay on Noah’s Ark
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 17:56:51 »

I thought creationists say his type were too thick to get on the Ark? In terms of brain power that would seem to fit

No one kills a thread like me....
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:18:39 »

Yessssssssss!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:23:42 »

Just the fat Cockney bastard to go.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #874 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 09:24:00 »

Just the fat Cockney bastard to go.
And his band of cronies.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 18:21:25 »

Fascinating swindon supporters club interview with Tyler Smith - described football under Sheridan like playing a kick about with your mates, no direction with players not having any great instruction or any confidence once wellens had left
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 18:26:09 »

Stunning. Makes you wonder a) how he's stolen a living in management for so long and b) why the club let him carry on doing such damage for so long.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #877 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 18:31:59 »

Whilst it's great to hear players talking out etc i wish more would do it at the time rather than wait until it's too late
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 18:40:33 »

Whilst it's great to hear players talking out etc i wish more would do it at the time rather than wait until it's too late

He couldn’t afford to at his stage of his career, as a junior player there was no way it was going to do him any favours

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #879 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 18:41:49 »

He couldn’t afford to at his stage of his career, as a junior player there was no way it was going to do him any favours
No difference saying it now though surely? It's not as if he was playing anyway.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 18:45:22 »

Stunning. Makes you wonder a) how he's stolen a living in management for so long and b) why the club let him carry on doing such damage for so long.

Is it stunning though?  The evidence was put before us every week, it was obvious.  No continuity in plan, players struggling to remember what they were supposed to be doing or where they were supposed to be on the pitch, different formation from week to week, different players.  I've lost count of the amount of matchday threads I commented on how clear it was that we were not training properly.

What was stunning was the fact it was allowed to continue post 1st of January.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 18:51:55 »

Sheridan also alluded to the fact a few times in interviews - he gave one interview answer along the lines of "we told the players what to expect but the didn't deal with it", or something like that.  Basically giving away that the training methods are pretty basic - telling a player how a team may play is very different than drilling them on plans to deal with said threat.  I don't have to tell you what to expect if I give you all the tools you need to just handle it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 19:03:45 »

Oh yes, always forget to give Rob T enough credit for being first with managerial insights.  Roll Eyes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 19:04:35 »

I wasn't after credit, was pointing out that it was obvious months ago, wasn't it?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 19:06:46 »

I wasn't after credit, was pointing out that it was obvious months ago, wasn't it?

Yes it was. Sorry for finding a direct quote from a player of any interest when you'd already made the case, repeatedly.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: