Poll
Question: Under current ownership will you renew?
Yes - 17 (27.9%)
No - 44 (72.1%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Years Season Tickets  (Read 24876 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:41:30 »

They have actually published the figures themselves: https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/2021/march/ifollow-stats/

(Disclaimer: I got the £4.2k from somewhere else, it is not my maths)
Helpful link.  The implication seems to be that Cambridge took £6.66 from the surplus over 500 from the away fan numbers.  Excuse my maths but 1,100 away fans would bring in 600 x £6.66, close to the £4k mark that had been suggested.

Good to see the transparency and also the appreciation shown by Cambridge regarding their "ifollow support"
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:45:27 by RedRag » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:52:29 »

Quote from: RedRag

Good to see the transparency and also the appreciation shown by Cambridge regarding their "ifollow support"

it's not difficult is it.

a little effort making the fans feel appreciated and treating them like adults goes long way.

obviously on and off field events probably take precedence over all else now. But it doesn't mean the club should just give up
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:57:56 »

We all know the owner of STFC dosen't do transparency!
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:00:13 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:58:15 »

I have an Ifollow season ticket so will continue to watch, however as things stand will not sign up for another one - new owners/manager completely flips that decision immediately.

If I had a real ST I would go for the full refund.

Simple fact is, nobody (except Power) has any visibility of what is happening to monies being paid into the club.  There is a running joke on here over the past few years of "where has the Luongo money gone?" and "where has the Bogle money gone?" which was justified then, but now that we know that Power is looking to get out, looking to take as much as he can with him and blatantly showing by his actions that he has no intentions to invest any more money than is necessary to just about keep us operating as a "football club", the only way to make a stand and limit the amount that he gets away with is to hit him in the only place it hurts - his bank balance.

We all know he has money, we all know that the February "death of the club" date was bullshit - he has just made it clear that he doesn't intend to put anymore of his money in than he really has to.  Time to make it clear to power that we have reached the time when he needs to shit, or get off the pot - with the preferable action being get off the pot and fuck off.

I would recommend anyone to take the full refund, not pay any money into the club and if possible transfer your investment to the trust in the short term - in these current weird times it's the only kind of stand we can make.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:05:16 »

Interesting.

I thought I had read that the first 1,000 away ifollow buys went to the "home" club, so I would have expected the extra 100 to have yielded something as low as £700 (at 70%-ish of the net fee??)

Does the away club perhaps take 1/2 of the first 1,000 away buys perhaps...
That's the system, but there's no fixed number i.e. it's not 1000 as the threshold it's agreed between the two clubs on a game by game basis on the the basis of what they'd normally take as away fans. So the threshold for Sunderland away at Hull on a Saturday will be substantially higher than Gillingham away at Sunderland on a Tuesday.
Panda Paws

« Reply #65 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:08:21 »

Our club is at it's lowest ebb, and the timing couldn't be worse. Most clubs will have huge pent-up demand ahead of next season and we're on course for record low ST numbers (certainly in the modern era).

There is no light until Power goes. The only question in town now is how much damage he does before that time.

Every element of the club, and every decision we make, is woefully under-funded, under-skilled, poorly designed and poorly executed. We're finished as a L1 club until Power goes, and if he clings on for another year or two, we're the next Southend.

Until this season I have been on the fence with Power, but the contempt the clubs treats it's fans with is utterly shameful. We truly are, alongside Southend and perhaps Sheff Wednesday, the most hopeless club in the FL.

But yes, I'll pay my money on Saturday and watch the game, until we're down.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:12:55 by Panda Paws » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:08:26 »

I’m not convinced that the iFollow numbers are high enough to notice any massive dent in people not watching out of protest vs not watching out of the team being shit and it being a shit experience

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:10:03 »

Our club is at it's lowest ebb, and the timing couldn't be worse. Most clubs will have huge pent-up demand ahead of next season and we're on course for record low ST numbers (certainly in the modern era).

There is no light until Power goes. The only question in town now is how much damage he does before that time.

Every element of the club, and every decision we make, is woefully under-funded, under-skilled, poorly designed and poorly executed. We're finished as a L1 club until Power goes, and if he clings on for another year or two, we're the next Southend.

Until this season I have been on the fence with Power, but the contempt the clubs treats it's fans with is utterly shameful. We truly are, alongside Southend and perhaps Sheff Wednesday, the most hopeless club in the FL.]

I think there's a lot like you PP. It's an odd time to launch the survey in some ways, in that I bet they will now get significantly different answers than they would have had only a few weeks ago. I suspect a lot will have hardened their stance/changed their mind due to the way events have been mishandled over the last couple of months culminating in the shambles of the past week or so.
Panda Paws

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:14:28 »

The survey is so laughably bad. Anyone with an ounce of marketing experience would tear it to shreds. They will learn nothing from the survey.

It was also very cheeky to align the survey with the OSC and TrustSTFC. Neither party had anything to do with the survey.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:17:31 »

Until this season I have been on the fence with Power, but the contempt the clubs treats it's fans with is utterly shameful. We truly are, alongside Southend and perhaps Sheff Wednesday, the most hopeless club in the FL.]

I think this is bang on the money PP and I am totally in your camp here. (metaphorically unless I missed the invitation)

Given what is happening in the country I don't think its unfair that people have their 2 hours per week watching Swindon on Ifollow should they choose. (as I have done) The sad thing is that with the vaccination program going pretty well and the noises around fans being allowed back in stadiums, there should be an excitement, an inticipation around all sports fans that we can get that buzz back that ONLY happens in a live environment. Its been over a year now for the vast majority that haven't been able to see their team in their home ground.

Sadly the malaise about the place is such that people just can't or won't go back due to the way the club is being run. It can't go on much longer surely. Power needs to call time and get new owner in and overhaul the place as PP described before. Engagement is crucial to take the club forward, but we need to stop going backwards first.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:18:27 »

The survey is so laughably bad. Anyone with an ounce of marketing experience would tear it to shreds. They will learn nothing from the survey.

It was also very cheeky to align the survey with the OSC and TrustSTFC. Neither party had anything to do with the survey.

If that's the case then both need to come out vocally and say so surely?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:29:45 »

I don't have a season ticket, but I have bought probably 95% of the individual iFollow £10 match passes up to this point. Time for that to stop and I'll stick to the radio coverage (can't quite cut off completely).

I wonder if we as a fanbase should be trying to organise some sort of more organised boycott at this point and instead pointedly donating the money we would otherwise have spent (for those who can afford to anyway) to the Trust or some worthy local charities? Would probably get a bit of press coverage and potentially turn up the pressure to sell a bit in situation where there really aren't more options.

The organised Newcastle fans boycott of the Prem PPV games seemed to do the job and got a lot of coverage.

Good idea
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 10:32:00 »

I’m not convinced that the iFollow numbers are high enough to notice any massive dent in people not watching out of protest vs not watching out of the team being shit and it being a shit experience

You're probably right from the clubs perspective. I'm not sure the distinction is that important though? Either are a reduction in income and a sign of dissatisfaction amongst the fanbase.

The 'boycott' element might just get a bit of press coverage, is all I was thinking.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 11:39:19 »

Only because you have to talk about it in the POD Cheesy Should charge the tenner to Rich as an expense

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 11:41:11 »

Only because you have to talk about it in the POD Cheesy Should charge the tenner to Rich as an expense
We should crowdfund it. Seems unfair on the guys who do the pod that not only do they have to watch that piffle, but pay for the privilege too. I've already suggested they should change the Pod slogan to "We watch the games so you don't have to"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: