Poll
Question: Under current ownership will you renew?
Yes - 17 (27.9%)
No - 44 (72.1%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Years Season Tickets  (Read 24880 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 10:15:13 »

V12 messed my application up but they got it sorted in the end thanks to Danny in the ticket office, but it does mean that I will still be paying for my season ticket until May.

Ditto.

Will be a late decision if I do get one, also my oldest nipper is now old enough that he'll need a proper ST, rather than a £20 Junior Reds jobber. Balls!

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 10:40:13 »

A "depends if we get relegated " option would have been good.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 11:52:44 »

I am rapidly falling out of love with football.  Sky/Prem League/Champions League did for me at the elite level many years ago with the obscene sums of money involved.  Following Swindon as a ST holder for the last 15 years after moving here and my son becoming obsessed with the team has been great, the rollercoaster ride has been fun.  Who would have thought that in that time we would see two promotions, two relegations, beating a Prem team in the Cup and three (albeit shit) trips to Wembley? (The garden at the Torch for the 3 hours before the Preston game was fucking brilliant though, even if three minutes into the game.....) 

As shit as the Hart season was (and it was shit), and as dreadful as Williams Ball/The Swindon way was, it never felt as bad as it does now. The combination of a dodgy owner, leading to some dreadful apppointments has, it feels, left the club and the fans in disarray.

12 months ago I renewed my ST with hope for a good L1 season, optimistic etc etc.  Now it feels like the Wellens success was a blip.  In September or whenever it was I happily supporting the club by not getting a refund on ST or for a couple of tickets I had bought for the boy for the last couple of games of the season that were obviously called off.  The club I support needed the money more than I did was my view.  I was eagerly awaiting the chance to throw a few hundred quid at the trust to support the purchase of the ground.

Now - well, I can't be arsed even to watch a free i-follow home game. The football is dire and the atmosphere (through TEF - and not a crticism of TEF) is toxic.  This has to be the responsibilty of Power.

For the record I was dubious about him taking over the club given his track record, but I warmed to him over the last couple of seasons when the talk of training grounds, investment etc started, and when he gave the managers reign to let them decide how we played football. I was prepared to give him a chance. That has all gone now.

Unless by some miracle we find an owner willing to invest in the club rather than see it as a straight forward money making machine (which it never will be) I am afraid we are fucked.  I know that is stating the obvious, but hey, WTF.  Finding such a person would also be a fucking miracle at this time (or at any time - though if I win the lottery...)   

A lot of this (my) negativity may be driven by the general malaise at this time with lockdowns, Brexit, general shit in life (yes, I have had some mental health issues as well) but STFC was always "fun".  With hindsight it was most probably down to the couple of pints in the Legends pre match, the banter with the ST holders around me (who have become friends) as well as the fact that the football wasn't always shit and in spite of the often ironic and piss taking banter there was always hope.  As they say it is the hope that kills you.

I fear that hope has gone and at this time I can't see myself renewing next season, or anytime in the foreseeable future.

I hope I am wrong.

Yes - in the spirit if the forum I probably am a cunt, but this post has been cathartic for me  Smiley Sad Smiley   

So I will probably renew after saying all that - that is what STFC does to you.....

No one kills a thread like me....
Panda Paws

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 11:56:09 »

I think what you describe here is what we're all feeling, especially the last par. Just cling to the hope that when we can get back to it, we'll slip back into the beer and the banter, and the 90 mins in the middle will just be a blot on a good day out again.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 11:57:53 »

I am rapidly falling out of love with football.  Sky/Prem League/Champions League did for me at the elite level many years ago with the obscene sums of money involved.  Following Swindon as a ST holder for the last 15 years after moving here and my son becoming obsessed with the team has been great, the rollercoaster ride has been fun.  Who would have thought that in that time we would see two promotions, two relegations, beating a Prem team in the Cup and three (albeit shit) trips to Wembley? (The garden at the Torch for the 3 hours before the Preston game was fucking brilliant though, even if three minutes into the game.....)  

As shit as the Hart season was (and it was shit), and as dreadful as Williams Ball/The Swindon way was, it never felt as bad as it does now. The combination of a dodgy owner, leading to some dreadful apppointments has, it feels, left the club and the fans in disarray.

12 months ago I renewed my ST with hope for a good L1 season, optimistic etc etc.  Now it feels like the Wellens success was a blip.  In September or whenever it was I happily supporting the club by not getting a refund on ST or for a couple of tickets I had bought for the boy for the last couple of games of the season that were obviously called off.  The club I support needed the money more than I did was my view.  I was eagerly awaiting the chance to throw a few hundred quid at the trust to support the purchase of the ground.

Now - well, I can't be arsed even to watch a free i-follow home game. The football is dire and the atmosphere (through TEF - and not a crticism of TEF) is toxic.  This has to be the responsibilty of Power.

For the record I was dubious about him taking over the club given his track record, but I warmed to him over the last couple of seasons when the talk of training grounds, investment etc started, and when he gave the managers reign to let them decide how we played football. I was prepared to give him a chance. That has all gone now.

Unless by some miracle we find an owner willing to invest in the club rather than see it as a straight forward money making machine (which it never will be) I am afraid we are fucked.  I know that is stating the obvious, but hey, WTF.  Finding such a person would also be a fucking miracle at this time (or at any time - though if I win the lottery...)    

A lot of this (my) negativity may be driven by the general malaise at this time with lockdowns, Brexit, general shit in life (yes, I have had some mental health issues as well) but STFC was always "fun".  With hindsight it was most probably down to the couple of pints in the Legends pre match, the banter with the ST holders around me (who have become friends) as well as the fact that the football wasn't always shit and in spite of the often ironic and piss taking banter there was always hope.  As they say it is the hope that kills you.

I fear that hope has gone and at this time I can't see myself renewing next season, or anytime in the foreseeable future.

I hope I am wrong.

Yes - in the spirit if the forum I probably am a cunt, but this post has been cathartic for me  Smiley Sad Smiley  

So I will probably renew after saying all that - that is what STFC does to you.....

Was never going to buy a season ticket obviously due to the distances involved, but on its general thrust the above pretty much sums up where I am with STFC at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:00:07 »

this forum is like a therapy session for me at times

let it out, get argued for being negative sometimes, then start again in the morning.

hope you get your mojo back chunky. I think many of us feel similarly. But I still look forward to games, even if we are shit. because it's something other than sitting at the work desk/sofa during lockdown
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:11:40 »

I think pretty much every Town fan has taken a mojo battering since Wellens left us earier in the season.

I think this is my lowest ebb as a fan certainly since Preston at Wembley and probably since before then too, even when Williams, MacMahon, Todd and Beamish was in charge I didn't feel this flat about Swindon Town as a club on anf off the field.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:15:22 »

Feel the same. Lowest I've felt as a Town fan since supporting in 05
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:18:06 »

I think pretty much ever Town fan has taken a mojo battering since Wellens left us earier in the season.

I think this is my lowest ebb as a fan certainly since Preston at Wembley and probably since before then too, even when Williams, MacMahon, Todd and Beamish was in charge I didn't feel this flat about Swindon Town as a club on anf off the field.
Cambridge at home under Andy King was the last time I felt this disinterested when we were struggling in this league, Todd had walked and we had a 3k crowd for a home league match for the only time in the last 3 decades. Oh and half of the Arkell's was closed as the wind had caused some of the roof to fall down and summed up the club at the time!
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:19:27 »

We're playing shit and losing, that's why people are feeling down about it. It's temporary in most cases, hardly some kind of existential crisis - people would perk up again if we started playing well again.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:22:10 »

I am at the point where defeats don’t hurt, that is when I know there is a problem with how I feel about Swindon.

Defeats should sting and put me in a bad mood, but it just feels like a shrug of the shoulders.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:29:24 »

We're playing shit, that's why people are feeling down about it. It's hardly some kind of existential crisis in most cases - people would perk up again if we started playing well again.

I think it's more a case that people can't see any route back to playing well again with what visibility we have about the situation.  We have a dud manager, we have a bunch of talented players that don't seem to want to play for said dud manager and an owner that has seeminly lost interest and is unable to finance us anymore.

I think if it was just that we were playing shit, the fans outlook would be grumpy but not to the level where they would consider STFC not as being a more previlant part of their lives.  These feelings will not change until the ownership issue is resolved and we gain some visibilty of where (if anywhere) the club is going.  Today we are supporting something with no life, no plan, no direction - that is the depressing bit.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:32:41 »

so the Flash is not you're mate then ?.
No he just hangs around and you can't get rid of him, a bit like gonorrhea.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:40:44 »

Echoing the thoughts and hurts of so many posting on this thread.
Not missed a home or away game for 3 seasons up and until Covid, last home game was Dagenham under Di Canio.
Despite missing the travelling and last season we all got our Mojo back. I thinks it’s this fall being a steep one that is hurting. The Swindon rollercoaster is what we are used to but this has hit the depths of pure hell.
Covid, not a clue as to where Power is taking this, Jurassic John, awful football and the thoughts of relegation and going back to that dire League Two after a great season.

Mixed emotions from deeply depressed, hurt but now turned to anger.
Just hoping for a change to hang my optimistic hat back on but meanwhile fellow Swindon fans are helping me get through this. Therefore thanks we’re in this together.
As others have noted. Imagine the toxic atmosphere if we were back in the Ground right now. Just thinking about it alone hits home as to how bad this really is.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:59:54 »

I am at the point where defeats don’t hurt, that is when I know there is a problem with how I feel about Swindon.

Defeats should sting and put me in a bad mood, but it just feels like a shrug of the shoulders.
This for me too.

Defeat at the moment seems totally inevitable going into games with no solution in the short term.

It won't stop me watching all the games and hoping, but it just seems same story game after game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: