Poll
Question: Under current ownership will you renew?
Yes - 17 (27.9%)
No - 44 (72.1%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Years Season Tickets  (Read 24890 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 07:40:48 »

very sad, but totally understandable
Flashheart

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 07:49:14 »

I don't have a ST, for obvious reasons. But if I did then I'd be going for a full refund as well. Unless something changes pronto.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 08:00:41 »

Full refund for me. Not a penny more to Power and co (inc. ifollow and merchandise from club shop).

Utterly awful fan engagement, the twitter account is borderline trolling us too now- posting absolute bollocks about seagull impressions as if all is hunky-dory but haven't managed to comment on the 'manager' openly throwing the towel in on Saturday afternoon and now doing a u-turn.

Club is rotten, truly heartbreaking to watch us implode and even worse in lockdown not even able to vent your frustrations.  Bad Mood

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 08:05:15 »

The club will get zero from me until we get big changes.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 08:28:42 »

The club will get zero from me until we get big changes.

I don't have a season ticket, but I have bought probably 95% of the individual iFollow £10 match passes up to this point. Time for that to stop and I'll stick to the radio coverage (can't quite cut off completely).

I wonder if we as a fanbase should be trying to organise some sort of more organised boycott at this point and instead pointedly donating the money we would otherwise have spent (for those who can afford to anyway) to the Trust or some worthy local charities? Would probably get a bit of press coverage and potentially turn up the pressure to sell a bit in situation where there really aren't more options.

The organised Newcastle fans boycott of the Prem PPV games seemed to do the job and got a lot of coverage.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 08:30:25 by Nemo » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 08:49:23 »

I intend to watch the remaining matches on ifollow.  It occurs to me that not doing so will have no impact on anything.

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 08:55:26 »

I intend to watch the remaining matches on ifollow.  It occurs to me that not doing so will have no impact on anything.

I guess it depends whether you've already paid for the season or not, doesn't it? If you're buying individual match passes then that's new money going to the ownership, albeit not a great deal of it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:05:06 »

I guess it depends whether you've already paid for the season or not, doesn't it? If you're buying individual match passes then that's new money going to the ownership, albeit not a great deal of it.

I've been paying per match.  I still want to watch even though some of the fee is going to the current owners.  It's hardly going to swell the coffers by much. 

I recall that the numbers have been mentioned elsewhere but I doubt that a boycott by pay per match punters will affect anything.

Nothing to see here
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:12:01 »

The Gillingham debacle was the first ifollow game I'd missed (bar one) since the silly comps in Aug/Sept.

Brilliant for the old mental health  Pint 

Would also have been delighted had it stayed 1-0 but I'm happy to watch the highlights rather than the whole shezshow, uncut.

Additionally my £10 fees will now be going to Trust STFC rather than Power or Standing or Barry.  No brainer. 

I'd encourage any waverers to scrap ifollow for now.  Perfectly respect those who don't but as a non-season ticket holding STFC fan, it's a much better feeling. 

It's not saintly because I would be paying my £23 and letting Power and JS know what I thought at the CG as soon as any 90 mins were up.  But paying money and sitting there in front of my screen, unheard, had been starting to do my head in.

I feel liberated but linked.
Flashheart

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:12:15 »

It'd probably be more symbolic than anything.

But I will still be watching. I don't have the option of listening on the radio.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:15:55 »

Not sure how iFollow pays for home games, but I have read that Cambridge United are averaging somewhere around 1,100 "away" iFollow "buys" (am I using the right language here?) and that makes them about £4,200 per away game.

I haven't had an ST for a couple of seasons now and won't be getting one for next season. Not out of protest but because my life is different now. I think if I was to be making a decision based on the club being run questionably, and the team being, well, shite, then I probably wouldn't ever had got one in the first place!!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:21:11 »

Not sure how iFollow pays for home games, but I have read that Cambridge United are averaging somewhere around 1,100 "away" iFollow "buys" (am I using the right language here?) and that makes them about £4,200 per away game.

I haven't had an ST for a couple of seasons now and won't be getting one for next season. Not out of protest but because my life is different now. I think if I was to be making a decision based on the club being run questionably, and the team being, well, shite, then I probably wouldn't ever had got one in the first place!!
Interesting.

I thought I had read that the first 1,000 away ifollow buys went to the "home" club, so I would have expected the extra 100 to have yielded something as low as £700 (at 70%-ish of the net fee??)

Does the away club perhaps take 1/2 of the first 1,000 away buys perhaps...
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:22:59 by RedRag » Logged
Crackity Jones

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:25:25 »

The club is not concerned or interested with engaging with me any more.   I see no point in continuing to contribute financially through ifollow, etc until that changes. The line of being a fan and turning up whatever has been crossed.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:25:34 »

They have actually published the figures themselves: https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/2021/march/ifollow-stats/

(Disclaimer: I got the £4.2k from somewhere else, it is not my maths)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 09:34:18 »

In an ideal world we all claim our full refund & stick it in some sort of holding account via the Trust until such a time arises that the ownership debacle is sorted & the money is then released to the club for them to play with as they see fit - presumably to help with short-term cashflow issues that will no doubt exist.
Obviously nowhere near as straightforward as I've made out & I appreciate many would take a different view but that's the kind of road I would head down personally.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: