Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Oculus quest 2 thread  (Read 53093 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 09:35:14 »

I just beat the champion boxing dude on thrill of the fight (on points) for the first time on endurance level.

5 rounds of 3 minutes each and my muscles still feel like jelly. My legs included because there's loads of ducking and weaving involved. A really intense workout, at least for somebody like me.

Time now to start adding more rounds on. Fuck knows how people go the full 12 rounds on VR, let alone in a real ring with some hard bastard actually trying to hurt you.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 10:14:54 »

Cheesy I've got that game. Fighting the Russian was knackering,  hit him hard but he just bruised up and wouldn't go down.
I've only played it a couple of times though. I knocked out the fat fella at the beginning  Smiley.
Pop one is still my go to game.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 10:18:17 by 4D » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 13:07:26 »

Being a total novice to this, am I right in saying that this is an all in one console as part of the headset?  i.e. you don't need to connect up to a PC/Console running the games?

If so, based on what you are saying it sounds like it is a worthwhile investment?  I assume the games are downloadable on the headset via wifi..  what is the ball park price of games etc.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 15:03:03 »

Being a total novice to this, am I right in saying that this is an all in one console as part of the headset?  i.e. you don't need to connect up to a PC/Console running the games?

Yes. Not all are, but the Occulus Quest is.

what is the ball park price of games etc.

Usually between $15 and $30. Some are a bit more.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 15:35:06 »

FH, buy some Magnesium Spray. Under the tongue, your muscle recovery will improve hugely and be less prone to fatigue. It'll also help improve nerve receptors too. You can make your own by getting Mg flakes and making a solution in distilled water. Whack it in a little spray bottle. Jobby done-ey.

Obviously if on other medication do check first if it is ok for you to use a Magnesium Chloride supplement Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 16:09:07 »

Being a total novice to this, am I right in saying that this is an all in one console as part of the headset?  i.e. you don't need to connect up to a PC/Console running the games?

If so, based on what you are saying it sounds like it is a worthwhile investment?  I assume the games are downloadable on the headset via wifi..  what is the ball park price of games etc.

The quest 2 is £299for the 64gb version, enough for approx 25+ games (we only have around 8 games, so imo the 64gb is fine). You download the oculus app on your phone and you can link PayPal to it and the headset. Games are purchased as downloads, which takes a few minutes.  Prices for games are £5 to £30 and there's always deals on.
Battery lasts around 2 and half hours which is plenty. I have a battery pack I can link which will double that time, but I wouldn't want to be on it for that length of time. You get two hand controllers each take a single AA battery.
Great fun.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 16:12:00 by 4D » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 17:01:16 »

Nice, cheers guys.  I checked Amazon earlier and it was £279.99 but just checked again and it's out of stock now - but I'm no rush.

I'll think about it more, but might give it a go and join the fun.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 17:30:02 »

Get it from Game Berni, £279 and they delivered quickly.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 17:34:25 »

Get it from Game Berni, £279 and they delivered quickly.

Yeah just saw that, £10 delivery but still decent.  I am considering Cheesy

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 17:43:18 »

Just need to get you and FH on population one and we can squad up  Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 19:35:21 »

Ok, I’m in.  Ordered, will be here in a few days

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, March 4, 2021, 22:31:16 »

Good man  Pint
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 10:44:30 »

Is this thread some sort of viral marketing? Bunch of bastards, I really want one now. I'd love a crack at the boxing game, although doubt I'd get much to play it.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:21:35 »

They are that good. We have 2.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:40:11 »

I reckon I'm going to have to get one when I get my new home office/man cave set up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: