Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 24899 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:53:53 »

What a load of shit that was.  Franchise are  nothing special yet have managed to put 3 past Kovar without breaking a sweat. I cant think of one player that comes out of that half with any credit.  Sheridan has his work cut out at half time
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:53:58 »

Five. Odimayo and Grounds aren't wing backs, even if they can do a job at full back.

Thought we were playing 5 at the back with Odimayo and Payne at wing back. Would say Grounds is a LCB but yeah Odimayo isn't a wing back either
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:54:23 »

Five. Odimayo and Grounds aren't wing backs, even if they can do a job at full back.
Odimayo has had some decent outings at WB - unlike Grounds.  But he is young, sleepy and in need of a good more help from a vaguely competent defence.  I'd tolerate Grounds at LWB if ever we were in the lead or holding our own but he is zilch otherwise in that position.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:55:54 by RedRag » Logged
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:54:29 »

I think it’s time for a new manager. We have the players to stay up and compete in this league.

Under Wellens we were suspect defensively but looked like scoring.

3-1 flatters Swindon and the goal we scored was a fantastic strike which Payne would score 1 in 10 times.

Really depressing this is.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:55:09 »

I do have every sympathy for Sheridans bereavement but it agree they need to bring in someone else.

His record since he came in I think is 2 wins and players look like they don’t give a shit.

Not sure he should be given the transfer window in Jan

Spot on.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:55:44 »

Feels like the whole club has just given up. Players and management going through the motions, ownership non existent. I think I’m going going to follow suit and try not to get too emotionally invested for the rest of the season. Too many players on that pitch look like they know they are off in January.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:55:49 »

That's the worst of the season.  A six pointer against injury ravaged rivals too.
This. We are making them look good which they really aren't.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:55:56 »

We are terrible defensively, we create very little going forward, we have a manager who seems incompetent, injury prone players, players with no confidence but who also seem not to give much of a shit, players being played out of position, a goalkeeper who is a clown and a team just generally short of any ideas.

If we stay up I’d be fucking amazed.

How has it come to this. We looked good going forward at the start of the season. We made mistakes, but had injuries. Now we are shit everywhere. We dont have great players but they can do better. Powers appointment of Sheridan has wrecked out fucking season.

I hope the BBC interviewer after the match actually ask some proper questions about what that brain donor thinks he is doing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:56:18 »

Quote from: REDBUCK
Kovar not covered himself in glory but that's a goal caused entirely by the fact that Odimayo appears to be the only player on our entire right wing. We're loading up our left side (presumably to nullify Paul?) and Lewington & co. are monstering us down their left instead. Really well executed from the the three MK players involved though.
At last some resonable comment. Some do have a hate figure and kovar is it at the moment

this

Palmer, twine and a new keeper will have to be superhuman.

one up front with t. Smith is pointless.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:56:31 »

Caddis/Hunt Akin Conroy Fryers

Grant      Lyden

Payne    M Smith     DJ

Pitman/T Smith

Don't disagree too much. Fryers to LB to counter Pauls pace. Conroy out of midfield to CB with Odimayo.

Then we can dispense with Baudry lunging forward, miscontrolling and leaving us exposed. Hunt or Caddis attacking down the right would be preferable.

Problem is, there is no creativity to feed Pitman in this line up.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:56:38 »

I’m not expecting any new players apart from a keeper and the 2 returning loanees- who, no doubt, will be delighted to come back.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:57:05 »

My thoughts were that this game could prove to be the turning point for the remainder of the season. Unfortunately it could well be.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:57:12 »

Yep I agree, looks offside to me too every time I have seen it. Bit like Aneke in the last game.

Ah well.

Changes needed at half time.

Midfield is not in it, I would bring on Stevens & Hunt and take off Conroy & Grounds/Fryers (switching dependant on who is replaced) there is zero pace in the middle and switch to 451 or 433
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:57:13 »

Thought we were playing 5 at the back with Odimayo and Payne at wing back. Would say Grounds is a LCB but yeah Odimayo isn't a wing back either

Yeah sorry I keep telling myself Grounds is playing left wing back, which isn't the case but he's definitely playing close to Payne on the left than Baudry is to Odimayo on the right. I can't quite work out whether we're playing deliberately asymetrical or are just that bad.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 19:57:19 »

A fucking farce of a club, with a farce of team playing in a farce of a year = this.

At least Grounds has been passed the Dunces cap to wear.  He has played at a higher level, so must have ability, but he is strolling around like he has no focus or clue at all.  I just don't think his mind is on playing at all.  Could be personal circumstances given Covid, no idea, but it creates a problem for us to have to play him.

Baudry is showing why he gets jettisoned when team get promoted.  He's an OK ball player and a poor defender.  At a lower level the latter is  hidden I guess.

Odimayo is being swamped but the bench have done nothing to change it.

Payne, goal aside, has played like a player who has no clue how to play left wing back.  The central defenders are playing like they have no idea how to play as a back three - possibly because at times Grounds goes out left for a wander and looks like he is trying to hold hands with Payne.

Management team that has managed to undo anything good that Wellens left.  A team playing as individuals with no clue what their jobs are or how we are supposed to attack as a unit.

May as well just pretend we have Covid for the rest of the season to be honest.  There is a half decent first XI when all are fit, but we can't rely on getting it out often enough and we seem like we have a Management team that is as rudderless as the club seems.

All that should make me angry, but this season just seems pointless.  It's like watching training sessions every week.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 20:01:42 by RobertT » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: