Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225794 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1545 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:58:45 »

I may have missed it, but what was the conclusion as to why Robbie Fowler was so poor as manager at Brisbane Roar when he had a 45% win ratio in his 22 gamess?

Let us know if/when you find out. I'm still none the wiser myself.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1546 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:04:43 »

Because he lives in the country, and would have far better knowledge of what went on than 99% of other Town fans...
What I meant was the BBC confirming Fowler has been in talks is the same as The Sun saying it. It doesn’t make an actual appointment any more likely just because the BBC have reported it.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1547 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:05:59 »

In truth and thinking about it his Brisbane side was physical and in your face type of team which could now be needed in League 2 with the Town
That said, the Australian league with Wellington Phoenix now play some excellent football similar to when Swindon played at Orient last year.
Fast expansive passing football with a touch of class.
As stated, anyone who puts the pride back in the club and does well will get my support.  

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1548 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:08:12 »

That said, the Australian league with Wellington Phoenix now play some excellent football similar to when Swindon played at Orient last year.

So we've gone from Brisbane Roar to Brisbane Road Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1549 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:08:22 »

Mourinhio had a 51% winning rate at Spurs, not many queuing up to say he did a good job there

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1550 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:12:54 »

It’s all about context isn’t it. I don’t know much about the status of Brisbane roar, but seeing they win the league a few times in the middle of the last decade would imply they aren’t a basement dweller, in which case a 45% win rate might not actually be that impressive

The fact that the two people I’ve seen who might be expected to have some first hand knowledge (Robinz and David squires) both don’t seem too excited is worth something

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1551 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:20:25 »

That was my last away day watching STFC......... before coming back to NZ.

What a great day, yes it was only L Orient but it was sunny and the Town played with a swagger.

What a change from this year on IFollow  Bad Mood   
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1552 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:26:36 »

It’s all about context isn’t it. I don’t know much about the status of Brisbane roar, but seeing they win the league a few times in the middle of the last decade would imply they aren’t a basement dweller, in which case a 45% win rate might not actually be that impressive

The fact that the two people I’ve seen who might be expected to have some first hand knowledge (Robinz and David squires) both don’t seem too excited is worth something

Can we please have at least a day of feeling almost a little positive    Suicide
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1553 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:26:57 »

How on earth would getting relegated take pressure off power?

Not pressure relieving as such, but I would be interested to know if any substantial wagers were placed on our being relegated around November time, chance for one final payout?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1554 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:30:34 »

Can we please have at least a day of feeling almost a little positive    Suicide

No 😎😎

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1555 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:32:01 »

David Flitcroft did of course win 54% of his Swindon games.

And was not well loved.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1556 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:32:18 »

Response from the Indian equivalent of Alan Nixon

https://twitter.com/MarcusMergulhao/status/1392083265255657472

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1557 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:34:58 »

Response from the Indian equivalent of Alan Nixon

https://twitter.com/MarcusMergulhao/status/1392083265255657472

I have got an urge to reply with 'Any news about ATK Mohun Bagan Marcus'......
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1558 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 13:43:13 »

I have got an urge to reply with 'Any news about ATK Mohun Bagan Marcus'......
Cheesy The first reply is pretty much that "Sir please anything about KBFC coach hearing that Coach is confirmed and paperworks are pending can you please enquire about this and give us some hints on the new coach? Please sir 🙂"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1559 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 14:01:49 »

Which is very true. I am probably being highly naive just to base his success on win ratio, as you rightly say there is always much more to it than that. However Robinz hasn't actually explained very well (in my opinion) why he stated he was a poor manager and I am waiting to hear if David Squires responds to my tweet asking for more meat on the bones behind his rationale.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: