Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225777 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1530 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:15:36 »

I kind of know what he means. Focus the last few months has been on Sheridan not Power until the whole court case happened
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1531 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:17:08 »

FB

Just read between the lines... I watched many of the games in the Aussie league and everyone wanted him to do well and it simply didn't happen.
The results and team were really poor in a poor league
Roar were always a top 6 team and it didn't happen for Fowler. Since he left they  have improved 10 fold.

https://www.google.com/search?q=brisbane+roar+league+position+now&rlz=1C1CHBF_enNZ811NZ811&oq=brisbane+roar+league+position+now&aqs=chrome..69i57.15134j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I must be looking at different stats to you.  In the season he was manager for 22 of 26 games they finished 4th, in the current season they are 7th, the year before they finished 9th out of 10.  So their best season since 16/17

I didn't watch any of the games and they may well have been shit and fluked 10 wins but I've seen nothing so far that suggests he is anywhere near as poor as Sheridan who has set the bar for shitty managers.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1532 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:18:11 »

How people can moan about Fowler when we’ve had fucking Sheridan hamming it up for months is beyond me. I can virtually think of nobody that could be appointed who wouldn’t be better than that twat.
TBF I was speaking to a fellow TEFer earlier that if Fowler had rocked up in January after we should have sacked Sheridan then I would have been far more open to his appointment.

If he did arrive it could be good it could be bad pretty much like any new manager.

I just want the ownership to be sorted asap and we will take it from there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #1533 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:22:26 »

He left Brisbane to come back to England at the start of Covid, this was his choice, and then insisted his employer pays the return flight later in the year and then whinges about it on TV and gets the sack. Seems reasonable he pays for the flights when he wanted to go home, no?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1534 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:22:47 »

Who has taken the major blame for such a piss poor team

Last man standing was Sheridan

Wellens knew it squad was not capable of doing well in league 1 so for that reason he left

In walks Sheridan who thought he had a more secure future than a week by week contract at Wigan. What a wanker

He kept saying the squad was good... seriously we all knew it was shit and proven correct. The position in the league doesn't lie

Sheridan carried on the party line and let Power off the hook.

Could be wrong... and would be happy if I were    
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1535 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:25:50 »

Who has taken the major blame for such a piss poor team

Last man standing was Sheridan

Wellens knew it squad was not capable of doing well in league 1 so for that reason he left

In walks Sheridan who thought he had a more secure future than a week by week contract at Wigan. What a wanker

He kept saying the squad was good... seriously we all knew it was shit and proven correct. The position in the league doesn't lie

Sheridan carried on the party line and let Power off the hook.

Could be wrong... and would be happy if I were    
Tbf, according to Tyler Smith, Sheridan imparted zero organisation, tactics or logical team selection during his time here. Maybe with a competent manager we would have avoided the drop.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1536 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:27:48 »

He left Brisbane to come back to England at the start of Covid, this was his choice, and then insisted his employer pays the return flight later in the year and then whinges about it on TV and gets the sack. Seems reasonable he pays for the flights when he wanted to go home, no?
Did you not read the link where they said that wasn't the case
Flashheart

« Reply #1537 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:30:43 »

None of which has anything to do with his ability as a manager.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1538 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:37:51 »

As for his, supposed, lack of lower league football knowledge, he signed a number of players from L1 and L2 for Brisbane Roar. Rumours a couple could follow him back.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1539 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:38:12 »

FB

You are totally correct and just hope anyone who takes over the new managers role will be successful and I would be their supporter whilst they are sitting in the main seat.

Just hope it will be soon.

Stay well
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1540 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:48:34 »

As for his, supposed, lack of lower league football knowledge, he signed a number of players from L1 and L2 for Brisbane Roar. Rumours a couple could follow him back.
Jay O'Shea and Tom Aldred have both been linked to us in the past and have good lower football league pedigrees.

At Bengal he also had Calum Woods, Aaron Amadi-Holloway, Anthony Pilkington, Danny Fox and Jacques Maghoma who are all familiar with the English lower leagues too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #1541 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:53:06 »

None of which has anything to do with his ability as a manager.

And everything to do with his ability to be a cunt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1542 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:53:20 »

I may have missed it, but what was the conclusion as to why Robbie Fowler was so poor as manager at Brisbane Roar when he had a 45% win ratio in his 22 gamess?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1543 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:55:14 »

Why? There’s nothing there that says anything different to the other comments on the subject.

Because he lives in the country, and would have far better knowledge of what went on than 99% of other Town fans...

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1544 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:55:25 »

https://www.espn.com/soccer/brisbane-roar/story/4011268/brisbane-roar-manager-robbie-fowler-calls-a-league-salary-cap-bit-of-a-nightmare
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: