Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225634 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:54:09 »

Robbie Fowler was really poor at Brisbane Roar
There would be some excellent Australian coaches that could and would be far better.
But why look past Wellens if its correct that Power wanted the comp money and got him out !!!
No brainer get him back with Clem
Stay well and COYMRs 

He won the league's manager of the month award in Jan and Feb 2020 and left in March 2020 due to covid - a 45% win ratio.   Doesn't look poor on the face of it!

The article doesn't really say anything that says he's a poor manager, just a scouser taking everything he's "due"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:54:21 »

The adver piece states that he wants to prove himself in the English game as a stepping stone

"It is thought he now wants to follow in the footsteps of former teammate Steven Gerrard and earn his stripes as a coach further down the pyramid before stepping into a high-profile job in the future."

So the Adver is equating managing little old Rangers with rocking up at SN1.  Hmmm

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:56:08 »

FB

Just read between the lines... I watched many of the games in the Aussie league and everyone wanted him to do well and it simply didn't happen.
The results and team were really poor in a poor league
Roar were always a top 6 team and it didn't happen for Fowler. Since he left they  have improved 10 fold.

https://www.google.com/search?q=brisbane+roar+league+position+now&rlz=1C1CHBF_enNZ811NZ811&oq=brisbane+roar+league+position+now&aqs=chrome..69i57.15134j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1518 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:58:36 »

FB

Just read between the lines... I watched many of the games in the Aussie league and everyone wanted him to do well and it simply didn't happen.
Roar were always a top 6 team and it didn't happen for Fowler. Since he left they  have improved 10 fold.

https://www.google.com/search?q=brisbane+roar+league+position+now&rlz=1C1CHBF_enNZ811NZ811&oq=brisbane+roar+league+position+now&aqs=chrome..69i57.15134j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
The results just do not back that up though tbf, he won games
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:59:49 »

And no he didn't leave a club that became successful afterwards due to his hard work prior to his sacking.

Sorry to disappoint
Flashheart

« Reply #1520 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:00:31 »

A 45% win rate says otherwise.

I know it's not the only metric that counts, but it certainly does not support the notion that results were poor.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:02:05 »

So the Adver is equating managing little old Rangers with rocking up at SN1.  Hmmm

Agreed totally different but there is a similarity in that when Gerrard went to Rangers the pressure was off.   They were miles behind Celtic at the time having spent a few years in the lower leagues, so all he had to do was get a side that was competitive with everyone else and not get spanked 4 times a season by Celtic, which was doable given the relative size of the club compared to others in the league

In league 2 we are a bigger fish and most fans at the moment would take competitive and competent
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:02:54 »

A 45% win rate says otherwise.

I know it's not the only metric that counts, but it certainly does not support the notion that results were poor.

That's double the win rate we have had this season  Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:02:57 »

Well Rangers is further down the Pyramid than where his ultimate ambition is, let's face it.  Like I said, there are limited options usually availalble to get on the UK football ladder, so beggars can't be choosers if you want to hop on.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:03:12 »

Wellens was hardly spectacular when he rocked up here. I remember thinking he was a typical Power cheap option.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:03:52 »

For me it’s simple:
- if power appointment it’s a disaster
- if Clem appointment it could be great
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:04:42 »

In my opinion Town must get new owners prior to any appointment of the manager.

That must happen soon and let the new owner build a back room including the manager and then hopefully a new team of players

If not we are well and truly fucked

Simple fact is time is against us
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:05:55 »

How people can moan about Fowler when we’ve had fucking Sheridan hamming it up for months is beyond me. I can virtually think of nobody that could be appointed who wouldn’t be better than that twat.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:11:04 »

Surely Sheridan was put there to do a job and he did it well

Job was to take the pressure off Power which he did fucking well...

Any manager with any credability would have walked far earlier and Power would have then been in the gun.

Rest assured Power knew what he was doing Im sure     
Flashheart

« Reply #1529 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:12:05 »

Job was to take the pressure off Power which he did fucking well...

How on earth would getting relegated take pressure off power?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: