Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225739 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1410 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 15:36:50 »

I'd be amazed if clem was putting information out in the public domain

So, give no fucks
Crackity Jones

« Reply #1411 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 15:37:19 »

I have heard that Wellens is Clems preference for manager. Would make sense for both parties. To be fair I think it’s a solid sensible choice for L2, at least Wellens would have some better backing rather than the usual wait until one week before season starts and pack the squad with the left overs no one else wanted, loans and journeymen policy that Power favours.
I hope that there is something in that and the stars align and it all comes to pass.  It would split the fan base though
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1412 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 15:38:05 »

90/10 in favour, I reckon.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1413 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:00:43 »

If any new owner(s) want all supporters to get behind them, they would be well advised to avoid appointing Wellens.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #1414 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:00:53 »

I think rather a lot of people will feel uncomfortable getting behind somebody who they feel is a bottler. He'd have a lot of work to do to win some over. I won't be able to believe a word that comes out of his trap. Imagine if he starts coming out with the loyalty shite again?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1415 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:03:31 »

I think rather a lot of people will feel uncomfortable getting behind somebody who they feel is a bottler. He'd have a lot of work to do to win some over. I won't be able to believe a word that comes out of his trap. Imagine if he starts coming out with the loyalty shite again?
That still doesn't make him a poor manager.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #1416 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:06:00 »

That still doesn't make him a poor manager.

Did I say it does?

Whether or not he can replicate last season remains to be seen. (If he even does return)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1417 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:06:21 »

Last year was fucking superb, and Wellens was a big part of that.
This year was fucking shit, and Wellens was a big part of that.

Both are best left in the past, we need the move forward and not back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1418 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:07:11 »

Did I say it does?

Whether or not he can replicate last season remains to be seen. (If he even does return)

Oldham, this season & Salford suggests not....
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1419 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:21:12 »

It's a no thanks from me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1420 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:35:36 »

See, I’m not convinced he ‘bottled’ anything. His stock was high before this season. He could have left for a bigger job then if that’s what he wanted. He didn’t.

I’d say once it became apparent that Power wasn’t going to back him - or, more likely, Standing wouldn’t - and he knew what was about to unfold he decided he’d been shat on, deceived and then left.

I’d love to see him back.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1421 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:42:46 »

It's hindsight I know, but letting Twine go was a massive error. Could have kept us up

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1422 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:46:32 »

I'm all for it. If it wasn't for finances pulled away from him, we would've put a bid in for Yates earlier and actually offered a contract to Wollerey and Isgrove. The players loved playing for him and waited on for weeks expecting to be offered a deal.
Pitman was the only striker we signed as no other decent forward wanted to be paid peanuts for one year.
There so much to it in the background I'm sure.
The plus side is, that he knows the Club inside and out and majority of our contract players. He can get the ball rolling quicker than wasting a few months like Brown and Flipflop etc.
Power out.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1423 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:49:32 »

Good post  Clap

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1424 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 16:50:16 »

See, I’m not convinced he ‘bottled’ anything. His stock was high before this season. He could have left for a bigger job then if that’s what he wanted. He didn’t.

I’d say once it became apparent that Power wasn’t going to back him - or, more likely, Standing wouldn’t - and he knew what was about to unfold he decided he’d been shat on, deceived and then left.

I’d love to see him back.

So, let’s say for arguments sake - Salford didn’t come calling.
Would he have stayed here till he got sacked and a nice pay off ...or... would he have resigned on principle once he realised Power wasn’t going to back him?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: