Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225805 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 10:16:02 »

I have a lot of time for what I think was the conclusion of the discussion from the LS chaps on Monday's pod: ordinarily we might want an exciting up and coming appointment in the mode of Wellens, but this season, in these circumstances, we just need someone to steady the ship and keep us up. If we get to next season, then we can maybe look at the options afresh.

Being easily influenced, I went away from the pod thinking that we should get John McGreal, despite the fact that I don't think I would have thought of him if asked to name 100 candidates beforehand.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #661 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 10:16:08 »

I have a lot of time for what I think was the conclusion of the discussion from the LS chaps on Monday's pod: ordinarily we might want an exciting up and coming appointment in the mode of Wellens, but this season, in these circumstances, we just need someone to steady the ship and keep us up. If we get to next season, then we can maybe look at the options afresh.
Exactly mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 10:30:01 »

Aren't you a bundle of fun this morning mate Smiley

Just putting it out there to show that we are not all fickle football fans.  Anyway, I have a Forum picture to live up to Cheesy  Bloody dour Mancs everywhere mate Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 10:45:01 »

The manager's going to be Hunt or someone Jewell knows and wants to work with, isn't it?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 10:54:27 »

I wonder what sort of wage Jewell is getting and does Power need him on the payroll if he gets a decent manager in

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #665 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:02:09 »

I wonder what sort of wage Jewell is getting and does Power need him on the payroll if he gets a decent manager in
I am sure I heard in an interview with Power previously that Jewell was not on our wage bill and was doing it as some sort of favour to Power, expenses only deal.

I am 99% certain thats what Power said, that was not long after Wellens joined us IIRC.

I remember the interveiw started with....."listen Shaun....." Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:16:06 »

Power originally wanted Jewell as manager but he wasn’t interested and recommended Wellens.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:33:45 »

I am sure I heard in an interview with Power previously that Jewell was not on our wage bill and was doing it as some sort of favour to Power, expenses only deal.

I am 99% certain thats what Power said, that was not long after Wellens joined us IIRC.

Cheers Pete I don't remember that one even though I listen to most of the interviews over the years

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:34:32 »

Power originally wanted Jewell as manager but he wasn’t interested and recommended Wellens.

I may be wrong but vaguely remember health reasons being mentioned

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:46:51 »

It’s “Shawn” Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #670 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 11:52:55 »

It’s “Shawn” Smiley
So many spellings  Cheesy

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:40:52 »

It does seem that Jewell will be the one recommending names, hopefully he has some decent names to choose from.

One name I heard banded about was Michael Carrick, I'm in 2 minds on this, I suspect with his experience of the game and having already started on the coaching ladder he might make a good manager, while he is inexperienced in management if he brought with him a couple of experienced coaches that know the lower leagues (lets face it Wright & Hunt will follow Wellens) it may work.

On the flip side I'm sure someone like Carrick would not drop to this sort of level anyway and would want to go into a club with no money but it's an example, and at this time would it be to much of a risk even if he was interested.

I don't want a jobbing lower league manager that see's it as another managers job, I'd much prefer someone (like Wellens) that has something to prove and wants to make a name for himself in the game and wants to go on to manage at a higher level, and the only way of doing that is to prove themselves.

I'm expecting someone like Owen Coyle though or steve cotterill who only manages at lower levels and seems to have an expiry of about 18 months.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:45:06 »

It does seem that Jewell will be the one recommending names, hopefully he has some decent names to choose from.

One name I heard banded about was Michael Carrick, I'm in 2 minds on this, I suspect with his experience of the game and having already started on the coaching ladder he might make a good manager, while he is inexperienced in management if he brought with him a couple of experienced coaches that know the lower leagues (lets face it Wright & Hunt will follow Wellens) it may work.

On the flip side I'm sure someone like Carrick would not drop to this sort of level anyway and would want to go into a club with no money but it's an example, and at this time would it be to much of a risk even if he was interested.

I don't want a jobbing lower league manager that see's it as another managers job, I'd much prefer someone (like Wellens) that has something to prove and wants to make a name for himself in the game and wants to go on to manage at a higher level, and the only way of doing that is to prove themselves.

I'm expecting someone like Owen Coyle though or steve cotterill who only manages at lower levels and seems to have an expiry of about 18 months.

Agreed...but that might be the person to keep us up.

Clems Army!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:54:55 »

Names like Carrick are a pipe dream in the current climate

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 13:03:42 »

Names like Carrick are a pipe dream in the current climate

Unless they need to get on the management merry go round and do it for nothing

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: