Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225629 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:17:20 »

Could be overly generous to him, but there is a difference between spending more time with your family and not having to commute the length of the country for your job.

And stuck in a Flat down here during the week

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:22:36 »

Christ! Are we still on this?

Wellens has gone - Combination of better offer for him personally (whether that be, closer to home, more money. more chance of success, more financial backing etc). See ya!

Hunt is in place for the forseeable future - Lets hope he does well!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:23:18 »

Says the man from Wellington! 

Hit a nerve there? Just repeating a well known quote.  Naturally, I don't endorse those sentiments...

Nothing to see here
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:29:47 »

Ref Wellens i dont see a lot wrong in what he has said, but doing the interviews with the town people was unnecessary especially so soon.

Its quite galling that Covid was the reason for budget changes and therefore ultimately changes in ambition and has led to this change. We understand the need to protect the club, as does Wellens. He has been cold blooded about his career. He has often talked about his playing career and spending too long in the lower leagues, when he could have played more at the championship, as he did at leicester, or even in the prem. He clearly doesn't want to make that mistake again. He is correct that if he has a shit season with us, which there is a risk of, even if its not inevitable, reduces his stock somewhat. Another promotion at Salford and i doubt he stays there long either, someone bigger will come along and offer him a chance.

Can't blame a lad for a more secure income, with more time with his family and a better chance to strengthen his managerial reputation, especially at a time like this.

Not sure he has said anything contrary either. He is given the current salford staff a chance, if they don't work, then he would naturally be interested in ours, but at the moment isnt taking them. May not take Hunt at all if he wants the managers job.

Where this leaves us is worrying. Staying up is the aim, i agree with Wellens we are a couple of players short still. I still can't quite believe Palmer was allowed to leave particularly given bodies in midfield. We could of rested grant for these 2 cup games for example.

Real concerns have to be with the health of the club. I'm almost concerned more now that Hunt doesn't take the job if the behind the scenes are bad, then jumps with Wright. What sort of manager accepts what we have and the aims this season could be a worry.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:34:31 »

There are some decent managers out of work and I suspect some may see this as a route back into management and a stepping stone to a 'better' position at some point in the future (assuming they achieve a level of success).

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:36:38 »

There are some decent managers out of work and I suspect some may see this as a route back into management and a stepping stone to a 'better' position at some point in the future (assuming they achieve a level of success).

Normally a manager has to impress a chairman at the moment Power has to impress a manager

So, give no fucks
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:38:11 »

Hit a nerve there? Just repeating a well known quote.  Naturally, I don't endorse those sentiments...
Yep, stereotypical Swindon bashing from someone who doesn't live in Swindon and never has.

Easy target though isn't it, bandwagon jumping.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:38:55 »

I've lived in Calne and Swindon. Both lovely places, some of you must be a bit stuck up  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:40:32 »

I've lived in Swindon all my life if it was a horrible place to live the hordes from the Home Counties & London wouldn't be buying up our new houses No

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:43:34 »

Yep, stereotypical Swindon bashing from someone who doesn't live in Swindon and never has.

Easy target though isn't it, bandwagon jumping.

I was born there so I suppose technically you may say it is my home town.  

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:45:47 »

Where do you live now

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:47:20 »

Where do you live now

As Dexter Morgan mentioned, Wellington

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:48:50 »

Outlying towns and villages around Swindon are fantastic. I’ve lived in Highworth, Blunsdon and Wroughton. Not a bad word to say about any of them. It’s really only Swindon town centre that’s depressing - as are most town centres.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:50:44 »

Outlying towns and villages around Swindon are fantastic. I’ve lived in Highworth, Blunsdon and Wroughton. Not a bad word to say about any of them. It’s really only Swindon town centre that’s depressing - as are most town centres.

Agree with all of that 😁

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:03:16 »

Its an interesting statement actually as I was also born in Swindon and never actually lived there either. But when someone asks me where I am from, I always answer Swindon. If the discussion goes further into where i've actually lived, it makes me sound like some kind of gypsy!!

My dad always answers Wantage as he's been there for most of his life, even though born and bred in Swindon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: