Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225615 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 13:46:35 »

He won't be attracting players to Salford because of location😁

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 13:52:19 »

He won't be attracting players to Salford because of location😁

As much of Salford is actually closer to central Manchester than much of Manchester I would not be so sure. Done a heck of a lot of work there over the last 10 years and it has changed beyond recognition and much o it is now just an extension to Manchester City Centre.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 13:54:22 »

As much of Salford is actually closer to central Manchester than much of Manchester I would not be so sure. Done a heck of a lot of work there over the last 10 years and it has changed beyond recognition and much o it is now just an extension to Manchester City Centre.

I appreceite what you're saying but I'm guessing players will be attracted there because of the wages they can pay at that level plus the razzmatazz of the owners etc and I'm still not sure how you get a City inside a a City😁
« Last Edit: Friday, November 6, 2020, 13:58:28 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 13:56:02 »

So he tells STFC fans he’s leaving primarily for family reasons - the easy option of excuses

He tells the Salford fan ‘he’s not accepted the job to spend more time with his family. He’s had 5 months in lockdown with his family and he’s had enough’

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 13:57:49 »

Did he really say it's difficult for us to attract players because of location? 

"I heard they dropped an atomic bomb on Swindon! About 15 quid's worth of damage!"

Best wishes

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:02:56 »

"I heard they dropped an atomic bomb on Swindon! About 15 quid's worth of damage!"

Best wishes
You don’t need to live in Swindon itself, you can live in one of the very nice towns or villages within 10 miles or just commute. General location and convenience is one of Swindon’s main selling points.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:04:48 »

You don’t need to live in Swindon itself, you can live in one of the very nice towns or villages within 10 miles or just commute. General location and convenience is one of Swindon’s main selling points.

Agreed, provided they avoid Calne although I seem to recall Bart Griemink lived there (I am sure there have been others).

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:06:24 »

Wellens is talking aload of bollocks if he was unable to attract players it was because we were in league 2 and he wanted league one players or they wanted wages Power wouldn't finance and the likes of Bristol City & Plymouth do ok

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:07:45 »

Wellens is talking aload of bollocks if he was unable to attract players it was because we were in league 2 and he wanted league one players or they wanted wages Power wouldn't finance and the likes of Bristol City & Plymouth do ok

Recruitment can be a problem for Plymouth I understand, given their location here on the SW peninsular.

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:10:39 »

I've so far tried to ignore posting about Wellens as bitter football supporters grind my gears, but his statement about not being able to attract players to Swindon due to its location is quite clearly ridiculous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:13:04 »

I've so far tried to ignore posting about Wellens as bitter football supporters grind my gears, but his statement about not being able to attract players to Swindon due to its location is quite clearly ridiculous.

Ssme here Bob I thought his interview with Vic Morgan was fair enough now the excuses seem to coming out

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:22:10 »

and I'm still not sure how you get a City inside a a City😁

You have a river in the way. The commercials CBD of Manchester City Centre is expanding northwards, that expansion is in Salford.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:54:41 »

You have a river in the way. The commercials CBD of Manchester City Centre is expanding northwards, that expansion is in Salford.

Salford keys! You have the river in the centre of Bristol but Bedminster is still in Bristol

So, give no fucks
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:07:48 »

Could be overly generous to him, but there is a difference between spending more time with your family and not having to commute the length of the country for your job.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:16:54 »

Best wishes
Says the man from Wellington! 

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: