Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225753 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:47:34 »

What is it with Currans old man? One minute he is a racehorse trainer and now a he has a packaging company, I honestly think no one has any idea. I know for a fact he is a 51 year old roofer who has a roofing company from Dagenham, done OK for himself but doesn't have football club type of money and hasn't won the lottery. Also, let's be honest, if Currans old man was pumping cash (which he hasn't) into the club wouldn't that be a good thing, shouldn't we be praising him if he was helping the club financially as the club would be in administration and its a fact LP has run out of money and the club will be going into administration in the next 3 or 4 week! I think there are bigger issues on the horizon! Curran is 20 and the constantly digging needs to be stopped, especially when Kovar & Baudry are making mistake and mistake! We have no manager and especially with everything going on at the club shouldn't  Swindon fans be sticking together instead of constant digging everything single thing that goes on at the club?

Thanks for the clarification Taylor.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:50:10 »

But that’s not his dad.

He started off on Southend’s books so an Essex link is obvious.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:59:13 »

What is it with Currans old man? One minute he is a racehorse trainer and now a he has a packaging company, I honestly think no one has any idea. I know for a fact he is a 51 year old roofer who has a roofing company from Dagenham, done OK for himself but doesn't have football club type of money and hasn't won the lottery. Also, let's be honest, if Currans old man was pumping cash (which he hasn't) into the club wouldn't that be a good thing, shouldn't we be praising him if he was helping the club financially as the club would be in administration and its a fact LP has run out of money and the club will be going into administration in the next 3 or 4 week! I think there are bigger issues on the horizon! Curran is 20 and the constantly digging needs to be stopped, especially when Kovar & Baudry are making mistake and mistake! We have no manager and especially with everything going on at the club shouldn't  Swindon fans be sticking together instead of constant digging everything single thing that goes on at the club?
A one post wonder saying we will be in admin in the next 3 or 4 weeks.... come on then what's your 'sauce'?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #363 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:59:15 »

But that’s not his dad.

He started off on Southend’s books so an Essex link is obvious.
I thought Currans dads name was John Curran and runs several businesses in Essex.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:04:56 »

I don't think it should be surprising that Admin is a real possibility at the moment for any club let alone Swindon - unless clubs start to see some sort of bail out, there are bound to be clubs like ours on the verge of Admin while there is no dosh coming in.

I have no doubt that we and many other clubs are flirting with the prospect at the moment - that's why people banding around wild managerial names are kidding themselves IMO.  Until a revenue stream or bail out is in place we are stuck with what we have.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
the-true-red

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:08:36 »

A one post wonder saying we will be in admin in the next 3 or 4 weeks.... come on then what's your 'sauce'?

The players wages were paid late, the football league bridged a loan to Swindon Town, 270k on the last day of the month. If the Football league or the FA don't step in with a bailout next month, the club will get worse and may become another Macclesfield. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen. LP has funded Richie Wellens with many signings but now without the fanbase, ticket sales and sponsorships, the club is in serious trouble. My sources comes from someone very senior in the football club.

Financial resources empty, no cash, no wages, no club.

Any die hard religious Swindon Fans please start praying now we don't go into adminstration.

God bless you all.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:09:47 »

Again, what is your source?

Someone very senior? Sounds like horse shit to me
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:14:01 »

absolutely Berni. Without financial help admin is the sideshow. surely the risk of going under is high.

with Curran, if he was playing in place of better players it would be a massive problem. He's only played in the pointless cup. Fans are always going to have views on players performance, right or wrong. In this case we should be buying him a pint as part of the team that exit the stupid waste of time.

with 'who is Curran sr anyway' - just say it if you know. If there's no transparency that's up to the owner.  But that leads to rumour and suspicion. That's the way it is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:15:14 »

Wellens lied then. said all wages were paid in time in yesterday's interview

He also said he ok'd all players signatures and wasn't forced to sign anyone
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:15:25 »

The players wages were paid late, the football league bridged a loan to Swindon Town, 270k on the last day of the month. If the Football league or the FA don't step in with a bailout next month, the club will get worse and may become another Macclesfield. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen. LP has funded Richie Wellens with many signings but now without the fanbase, ticket sales and sponsorships, the club is in serious trouble. My sources comes from someone very senior in the football club.

Financial resources empty, no cash, no wages, no club.

Any die hard religious Swindon Fans please start praying now we don't go into adminstration.

God bless you all.
'Die hard religious Swindon fans'.......... Facebook a bit quiet today?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:16:40 »

walker??
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:18:07 »

Or an oxford fan
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:18:15 »

walker??
Must be someone of that ilk, putting a user name as the 'True' red points to someone trying too hard to make out they are ITK.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:20:18 »

Don’t remember the EFL loaning any other club that was struggling to pay wages.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 12:21:24 »

Or an oxford fan
Or a Cheltenham fan. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: