Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225607 times)
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 20:23:00 »

This would be a very underwhelming appointment.

You all said that about Richie Wellens when i posted it
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 20:28:03 »

You all said that about Richie Wellens when i posted it

I didn't because I couldn't summon up the energy to fire up my laptop and post anything to express my feelings of nothingness.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 20:30:34 »

I didn't because I couldn't summon up the energy to fire up my laptop and post anything to express my feelings of nothingness.

Get an iPad JBZ so much easier!

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 20:48:07 »

Well after listening to that makes you feel shite.
This club will end up killing me. Never missed a game under Wellens and what a decent Manager.
Only knows where all this will und up on the Swindon roller coaster.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 21:21:09 »

Well after listening to that makes you feel shite.
This club will end up killing me. Never missed a game under Wellens and what a decent Manager.
Only knows where all this will und up on the Swindon roller coaster.

He gets respect from me and hard to disagree with his comments

So, give no fucks
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 21:30:40 »

I didn't listen to the interview but comments about not wanting to have another relegation on his CV.

Was thinking about Andy King who kept us up twice in 2000/1 and 2002/3 inheriting Colin Todd's mess and then under a transfer embargo when Coppell said we couldn't be kept up.

Kingy took a huge amount of stick at the time especially in October 2002 with fans turning on the team. He didn't worry about his CV, rolled his sleeves up and ground out the results to take us out of trouble. Play offs the year after.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 21:33:56 »

I didn't listen to the interview but comments about not wanting to have another relegation on his CV.

Was thinking about Andy King who kept us up twice in 2000/1 and 2002/3 inheriting Colin Todd's mess and then under a transfer embargo when Coppell said we couldn't be kept up.

Kingy took a huge amount of stick at the time especially in October 2002 with fans turning on the team. He didn't worry about his CV, rolled his sleeves up and ground out the results to take us out of trouble. Play offs the year after.

Decent post and Kingy was a really good manager and was treated poorly by some fans

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 21:45:10 »

He gets respect from me and hard to disagree with his comments

Spot on Jimmy.
Put the Power knockers in their place. It’s unfortunately the way it is and until we get a new owner with investment and a different direction it won’t be much different.
Wellens is a winner and let’s hope we strike lucky again.
This up and coming court case could end up going a number of ways.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 21:50:22 »

Some cracking stories with Kingy.
Drinking with him in his office after the Hartlepool game that got us in the play offs and went over to his pub in Flitwick and got to know him really well. A lovely bloke and a typical old school Manager.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 22:11:15 »

King wasn’t good enough to get offered a job elsewhere. That’s the harsh reality.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 22:43:50 »

Maybe, but one of Kingy's attributes or failures was he called it as he saw it so maybe not one to say the right things to get other jobs.

Could spot a player though which is half the job and his old players like SSP, Mooney, Heywood loved his old school ways.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 23:17:01 »

King was probably a generation too early, he'd make a cracking sporting director or director of football these days, leave the coaching and tactics to someone else.
the-true-red

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:36:09 »

Have we even established who Currans old man is, some say its the racehorse trainer who trains at what is supposed to be becoming the training ground, others suggest he is something to do with a packaging company from Essex/Kent?

Gets to play bobby big bollocks and means his lad can pretend to be a professional footballer and probably get laid more, rather than having to admit he is kept by his father.

Was successful for Agombar who wiki suggests has now landed at the heights of Bowers & Pitsea F.C.  

What is it with Currans old man? One minute he is a racehorse trainer and now a he has a packaging company, I honestly think no one has any idea. I know for a fact he is a 51 year old roofer who has a roofing company from Dagenham, done OK for himself but doesn't have football club type of money and hasn't won the lottery. Also, let's be honest, if Currans old man was pumping cash (which he hasn't) into the club wouldn't that be a good thing, shouldn't we be praising him if he was helping the club financially as the club would be in administration and its a fact LP has run out of money and the club will be going into administration in the next 3 or 4 week! I think there are bigger issues on the horizon! Curran is 20 and the constantly digging needs to be stopped, especially when Kovar & Baudry are making mistake and mistake! We have no manager and especially with everything going on at the club shouldn't  Swindon fans be sticking together instead of constant digging everything single thing that goes on at the club?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:42:41 »

Would you like to provide your source that says the club will be going into admin? Seeing as Power cant do that due a court ruling
« Last Edit: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:45:36 by tans » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:45:28 »

What is it with Currans old man? One minute he is a racehorse trainer and now a he has a packaging company, I honestly think no one has any idea. I know for a fact he is a 51 year old roofer who has a roofing company from Dagenham, done OK for himself but doesn't have football club type of money and hasn't won the lottery. Also, let's be honest, if Currans old man was pumping cash (which he hasn't) into the club wouldn't that be a good thing, shouldn't we be praising him if he was helping the club financially as the club would be in administration and its a fact LP has run out of money and the club will be going into administration in the next 3 or 4 week! I think there are bigger issues on the horizon! Curran is 20 and the constantly digging needs to be stopped, especially when Kovar & Baudry are making mistake and mistake! We have no manager and especially with everything going on at the club shouldn't  Swindon fans be sticking together instead of constant digging everything single thing that goes on at the club?

He is a race horse trainer?

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/trainer/18365/sean-curran
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: