Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sven Out!  (Read 6905 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 11:25:14 »

I'd love Mourinho to be our manager, but its not going to happen.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 11:28:36 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Quote from: "larwood"
I stuck up for the team when we beat wales on saturday,but that last night was inexcusable.In fact at times it was a bit like watching Swindon .Northern Ireland played with passion and belief,but they are ranked about 140 or so in the world,we should be beating them no trouble.We can and should still qualify,but both games especially, the poland game are going to be hard if play again like we did last night.

agree with that, i've always stuck up for sven (and did on here yesterday in fact Oops ) but enough is enough. get him out now.

Our players were weak in the tackle, 2nd to every loose ball and were generally disinterested, thinking they could coast through and still win.

Tactically we were a total mess, what was the point in Lampard & Gerrard playing if Beckham is just going to fire 50 yard hollywood balls over their heads? Some of Beckhams passing was superb, but at times it looked like the entire team had been set up to massage his ego and act as a showcase for his talents rather than be effective and actually win the game. The team should be built around Rooney, not Beckham.

I felt sorry for Owen as well, he may not have been 100% match fit but the service he recieved was diabolical. I dont think it would have mattered in the slightest if Defoe had played instead of him, Defoe would hardly have touched the ball either.

Spot on, Gerrard and Lampard were totally by-passed by Beckham's long passes.

The only reason we lined up this way was because they wanted both SWP and Becks on the pitch - Beckham was the player telling Sven to play this way purely as a self conservation technique - he knows the midfield limelight has passed onto Lampard and Gerrard so he's undermining their talents in an attempt to make himself look better.

Big Fil needs to be brought in!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 12:04:53 »

Quote from: "DV85"
4-5-1 = wank

England Vs NI = Swindon Vs Tranmere/Walsall

Sven = out

Jose Mourinho = In!

You realise that Mourinho would play 4-5-1? That's what he plays with Shaun Wright Phillips and Joe Cole for Chelsea.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 12:08:40 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
4-5-1 = wank

Sven = out

Jose Mourinho = In!

You realise that Mourinho would play 4-5-1? That's what he plays with Shaun Wright Phillips and Joe Cole for Chelsea.

You realise that Chelsea win games?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 12:11:11 »

4-5-1 = wank

Sven = out

Jose Mourinho = In!

You realise that the reason that Chelsea are good at the moment is because they have spent heavily in the transfer market ?

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 12:16:00 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
4-5-1 = wank

Sven = out

Jose Mourinho = In!

You realise that the reason that Chelsea are good at the moment is because they have spent heavily in the transfer market ?

NMH

.....but the England side, if you could sell it would be worth just as much. Rooney close to 30m, Owen 17m, Beckham 25m, Ferdinand 30m. The difference is Mourinho gets the best out of his players and they work for each other.....He worked wonders at Porto how much did he spend there?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 12:16:19 »

Exactly they win games playing 4-5-1, it is a formation that can work superbly.  All this criticism of 4-5-1 is lazy, England should have been able to play that formation fine, they do have the players for it, we didn't use 4-5-1 against Denmark and we lost. I don't believe that was the main problem.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 12:20:01 »

Exactly they win games playing 4-5-1, it is a formation that can work superbly.  All this criticism of 4-5-1 is lazy, England should have been able to play that formation fine, they do have the players for it, we didn't use 4-5-1 against Denmark and we lost. I don't believe that was the main problem.

Main word being can....Mourinho can get his team to play it well. Duff/Robben/Cole/Wright Phillips are always up supporting Drogba, who can hold the ball up. Lampard can break forward and Makelelelele will just defend.

England dont have a Makelelelelele win the ball in the middle and protect the defence, nor do they have a drogba who can hold the ball up. So it wont work.....
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 12:22:52 »

A major difference that is over-looked is the amount of time the managers get to spend with their players.  Mourinho has all week, probably 5 days training or so a week plus all the other stuff that happens at a club.  Sven has only a few days for each game.

Therefore Sven can not afford to tinker and try new things becuase it can undoubtebly be costly.  The most important thing is to get a conistent formation/system that can be tweaked and not make wholesale changes.

The England job is always going to be v.diffIcult because you are just getting a bunch of players, albeit talented, that play different systems with different players week-in week-out and then have to adjust in just a few days which is why a consistent formation/system is essential if you are to be succesful.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 12:38:11 »

I've never really thought sven was that great a manager,I think he has done an ok job but  I think its time for him to go back to sweden or whatever :evil: He has no passion what so ever!He sits there in the dug outs with no emotion on his face,looks like an old peoples home have just dumped him there.Mclaren does more bloody work than he does.We need an english manager I think.
SACK THE SWEDE!!

RED ARMY
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 13:42:16 »

Quote from: "Titch"
A major difference that is over-looked is the amount of TIME the managers get to spend with their players.  Mourinho has all week, probably 5 days training or so a week plus all the other stuff that happens at a club.  Sven has only a few days for each game.
apparently he doesn't even do that, all the coaching is left to the support team
j1mmy

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 13:47:10 »

Jose Mourinho doesn't play a 4-5-1

He plays a 4-1-2-2-1
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 13:48:27 »

Which is exactly what England played last night....
Spud

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 14:39:03 »

Quote from: "TimandLisa"
Quote from: "FlashGordon"
Quote from: "TimandLisa"
Last time i checked england were second in their group four points behind poland.

we have a game in hand knobber!! And have to play them so 2 wins = us going to germany, you staying in not so bonnny scotland!

Ah well i'd be quite happy seeing the media big up england, the players big up themselves the english fans big wide smile thinking they will live their only time of glory again, only for another englishman to miss a penalty that leaves the rest of the world laughing at england, again.

Sod off J1mmy you German cunt!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 18:56:45 »

Sven is scared to death to drop Beckham Lampard or Gerrard when its as plain as the nose on his face that there's not room for all 3.Yes Beckham looks good spraying the ball around in front of the back 4 against league 1 and Championship players but what damage does he do?Fuck all to be precise.This "system" suits him but it suits no one else.Its about time we stopped calling our players "world class".Ferdinand-dont make me laugh!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: