Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre Season 20/21  (Read 10395 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 06:08:53 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18623239.town-players-back-pre-season-first-game-next-weekend/

First game at the weekend.

For those who know the players better than I, who’s that at the back.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 06:12:56 »

That looks like Diagouraga?!

Edit: The useless cunts at the adver using a photo from last season:

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17744639.richie-wellens-has-missed-out-on-signing-proven-goalscorers-nicky-maynard-and-danny-mayor-swindon-towns-striker-search-continues/
« Last Edit: Monday, August 3, 2020, 06:14:44 by Ginginho » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 06:14:29 »

Adver stock photo! Bah!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 07:56:43 »

Tbf, the adver are not going to be allowed anywhere near training due to Covid restrictions, plus they released the piece based on Wellens interviews last week, early morning - I doubt the training started pre 9am.

The adver can be ridiculed for coverage, but not this..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:00:07 »

...that's if they have a Sports Desk again.

They recruited a replacement for Shaun Reynolds (along with Johnny Leighfield) and that person never started.

They are is a dire situation.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:14:22 »

Maybe we've resigned him!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:15:23 »

Just watching the news this morning and there’s a report of a circus opening in Portsmouth.

The seating restrictions are 2 seats either side and an empty row behind. Entering exiting use a one way system, no food sold.

So why couldn’t this be the blueprint for a return of fans to football?

And I presume a family group could sit together
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:25:38 »

I’d expect when fans are allowed back in it will end up looking something like that - I’m not sure that would equate to 50% capacity, but don’t have a good enough maths knowledge to work out what that would do to capacity

Things get better but they never get good
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:32:17 »

From a club perspective, I assume there is a certain level of attendance that's required to cover the costs of having supporters in the ground. Would that model get enough people in, particularly given that you won't have the additional income pies and pasties etc?

From a supporter perspective, I suppose there will be many who won't be that fussed about returning given the possible risks and the fact that games will be available on the internet

Nothing to see here

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:32:41 »

Can’t be 50%. Just taking every other row out makes it 50%. Then 2 seats either side. I’d imagine a group of mates would get 1 person to buy, say, 5 tickets which would equate to 9 seats taken up.

God knows what they do with those clubs that still use terracing.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:34:47 »

From a club perspective, I assume there is a certain level of attendance that's required to cover the costs of having supporters in the ground. Would that model get enough people in, particularly given that you won't have the additional income pies and pasties etc?

From a supporter perspective, I suppose there will be many who won't be that fussed about returning given the possible risks and the fact that games will be available on the internet
If we could get somewhere between 4-5000 in the ground plus a decent take up on iFollow we’d be OK I reckon.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:36:37 »

Maybe they just ban people over the age of say 50 from going.

Then at least fans will get a rest from having to listen to people aimlessly shouting 'GEEEEEEERT AAAAAAAAAAT FAAAAAAAAAARWARD' every 30 seconds.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:42:07 »

Ageist!
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:48:04 »

You'd imagine iFollow will be more open whereby all games will be watchable for a fee. Whether that is per game or in 'season ticket' format.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:50:39 »

Ageist!

The governemnt are considering locking down people over 50, depending certain conditions, so not that far fetched.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: