Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre Season 20/21  (Read 10397 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:53:29 »

I pay €130 for an iFollow ST. I’d imagine home based fans wouldn’t want to commit to an entire season if there’s a chance they can attend in person later in the season.

From what I understand the individual clubs receive 70% of iFollow sales. That’d only be £7 per game for the club but better than jack, I suppose.

Anyone any idea on the number of ST sales so far?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 08:56:43 »

The governemnt are considering locking down people over 50, depending certain conditions, so not that far fetched.
How would they police that? They’ve already scared shitless a good number of ‘oldies’ from even leaving their house.

Maybe they want them all in care homes so they can fade away out of public view.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 09:22:11 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
Maybe they just ban people over the age of say 50 from going.

Then at least fans will get a rest from having to listen to people aimlessly shouting 'GEEEEEEERT AAAAAAAAAAT FAAAAAAAAAARWARD' every 30 seconds.

sound good to me 46 year and 3/4 old ears Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 09:47:16 »

Can’t be 50%. Just taking every other row out makes it 50%. Then 2 seats either side. I’d imagine a group of mates would get 1 person to buy, say, 5 tickets which would equate to 9 seats taken up.
You're not allowing for family groups. I have a family season ticket with my two lads, so that's 3 that could sit together on just 3 seats, rather than 7 in your model.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 09:50:16 »

But there would have to be 2 seats empty at both ends of whatever ‘group’ sit together - whether it’s 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:02:14 »

But there would have to be 2 seats empty at both ends of whatever ‘group’ sit together - whether it’s 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.
Yes, but it's still not the case that every person results in two seats either side left empty. We don't yet know what the likely seating arrangement will be but I think you're right some form of empty rows and an empty seat either side of each household group would probably make sense. We've seen estimates ranging from 25% of normal capacity to 40%, I guess in practice that will vary from ground to ground, depending on layout, family groups etc

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:06:49 »

It’s definitely in the club’s interest to have as big a ‘group’ as possible sitting together. Would they inquire much into the validity of such a group?

A group of 10 would only take up 14 seats, whereas a couple would take up 6.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:29:13 »

This is how they are managing cinemas also (my company helped develop the booking system in the US).

Every other row populated - one way system - one seat spare either side of a single/double/family group booking - I am guessing 2 spare seats in a ground because the seats are narrower than a cinema.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 12:30:04 »

More like most football fans are more lard arsed
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 13:36:59 »

How would it work though if you have to get up every 30 mins for the old boys 2 seats away to have a p!$$ and pass you, surely it is about people having to pass others in the narrow rows as well ?

Then there is ensuring not to many people are going in / out together, how would a 1 way system, work in the DR or TE  in the Arkells it may be easier as there are probably more exits.

Its going to be an awkward one you would imagine.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 13:41:19 »

Again, that must be the same for a cinema and they’re open on that basis. Not forgetting football is outside, too.

There must be loads of places/occasions that people are in closer contact than at a football match.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 13:47:34 »

Again, that must be the same for a cinema and they’re open on that basis. Not forgetting football is outside, too.

There must be loads of places/occasions that people are in closer contact than at a football match.
Exactly. The point is not that any reopening has to be absolutely 100% perfect, but it is about reducing instances of close contact and so reducing risk. You can always come up with a "Ah, but what if?"
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 13:52:09 »

Yeah, if you are going to look it that closely and have a rule for every instance that could occur then the answer is there can be no crowds..

Simple answer is as with everything, they set the rules, if you are not comfortable with it, use common sense - don't go - sign up to Ifollow.  That is what I will be doing next season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 13:57:25 »

Even what might appear to be a small reduction in infection rates can make a significant impact on the overall number of infections.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 14:12:14 »

Only a matter of time before there’s a full scale rebellion against social distancing IMO as there’s a rapidly decreasing number of people willing to put up with this indefinitely. With the threat of pubs being closed again to allow schools to reopen and rumours of above 50’s being told to shield (aka prisoners in their home) there will be a breaking point and people will will force a return to normality including things like attending football. I think in October we’ll have at least 50% capacity as the government are going to do everything they can to try and prevent mass unrest so there will be many compromises made. The balance needs to shift to people making their own decisions on whether they want to risk it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: