Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79146 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 13:26:46 »

Smiley

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 14:36:25 »

Aren't most of the remaining votes in Georgia mail in ballots in and around Atlanta? Surely that's a shoe-in for the Democrats.

This is why I think Biden will snatch Georgia. Down to about 19k votes now, so Biden has halved that 40k deficit. I think some news outlets have been inventively calling it the "Prosciutto slither" or something  Smiley

Would be massive for Georgia to go Democrat. Those pesky actors moving to Atlanta and Macon.

Kind regards,
Kev  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 15:57:27 »

Oooh, Grauniad suggesting the two Georgia Senate races may need to be re-run in Jan (apparently if no candidate secures more than 50% of the vote, it goes to a run-off) which may put the Senate back up for grabs as well. Unlikely the Dems would win those run-offs apparently but who knows in these slightly odd times?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 16:05:31 »

Possibly more chance the Dems may win those run-offs if Biden snatches Georgia beforehand?!

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 17:37:10 »

I'd be very surprised if Purdue didn't win the run off, the other one with Loeffler could be fun though.  She went hard right to fend off the other Republican, so she may struggle to pick-up all the Republican voters.  The big question is what the turnout looks like in January given the current fun.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 17:38:55 »

Oh, and we are down to 13.5k vote difference now, with about 40k left to go.  The process here is fun to watch - if ever there was a perfect way to vote Trump out, beyond an utter landslide, a slow painful end is probably a good choice.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:03:30 »

I don't know. the legal action makes me nervous
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:33:55 »

Most of the legal action has been pretty frivolous for now.  The Courts have shown little willingness to undo votes in the past - essentially, even if the rules are deemed a bit dodgy, if the voters voted with those rules in place, they allow the votes to count.  So far it has been stupid stuff like complaining they haven't had enough vote watchers in place - that won't change a vote unless they have evidence of errors/fraud, neither of which have reared their head thus far.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:48:00 »

Oh, and we are down to 13.5k vote difference now, with about 40k left to go.  The process here is fun to watch - if ever there was a perfect way to vote Trump out, beyond an utter landslide, a slow painful end is probably a good choice.

It's fantastic seeing the slow but steady Georgia switch. Biden might not even need his own State or even Nevada to win.

'Incessant Nonsense'

brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:19:12 »

It's fantastic seeing the slow but steady Georgia switch. Biden might not even need his own State or even Nevada to win.
Isn’t his state Delaware? They’ve already declared
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:21:19 »

Pennsylvania is his
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:22:20 »

Isn’t his state Delaware? They’ve already declared

He’s politically from Delaware but born and brought up in Pennsylvania
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:25:05 »

Most of the legal action has been pretty frivolous for now.  The Courts have shown little willingness to undo votes in the past - essentially, even if the rules are deemed a bit dodgy, if the voters voted with those rules in place, they allow the votes to count.  So far it has been stupid stuff like complaining they haven't had enough vote watchers in place - that won't change a vote unless they have evidence of errors/fraud, neither of which have reared their head thus far.

Yeah but sharpies!!!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:26:26 »

Didn’t the Supreme Court already reject a few law suits, pre voting day, that the Republicans brought to them?

As you say it all seems a bit frivolous so far, don’t think the law suits have much legs in them

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:32:42 »

Any legal action suggesting any fraud could surely be countered by the Biden camp suggesting that, as the states Trump has issue with were republican run at the time they were asked by Trump to not count postal ballots early so he can then claim that votes counted after polling has closed should not be included?

Much more feasible than voter fraud on the kind of scale we're taking about here.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:43:45 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: