Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79123 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 22:26:21 »

Deleted my original post as, on reflection, it felt a bit premature with all the legal nonsense that's starting to kick off.  And then you replied to it.  : )

Anyway, I stand by the sentiment.  Not pretending that Biden will be anything other than a one term lame duck.  But even that has to be preferable to the carnage that 4 more years of Trump would involve.  At the very least, Biden would allow a pause.  I'll take that right now.
Oh hell yeah. Steven Miller, Trump's openly white supremacist adviser on immigration, has promised that Trump would get "really radical" if he got a second term. It would make the last 4 years look like a picnic, separating kids from their parents would be just the start.

On a more optimistic note, not sure how much basis this has, but Florida may come back into play due to the Trump appointed head of the US Postal Service defying court orders on using the postal system for quite blatant vote rigging

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1323810643107962880
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 22:28:24 »

#IHaveWonPennsylvania is quite fun on twitter right now
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 22:52:10 »

Not sure if been posted already but this is excellent. If you happen to be in New York (small model on the, TEF likely) then go take a look  Cheesy

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/a-massive-mural-featuring-20-000-of-trumps-lies-has-been-installed-in-soho-102920

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 23:14:11 »

Trump's presidency may be on it's way out but the poison he has injected into American politics isn't. The Republicans will likely remain as a far-right National Populist party, the fascist street gangs Trump has empowerted and encouraged will not be going back into their bunkers, the QAnon conspiracy nutters will only get more convinced of their delusions, the armed militias and far right terrorists will only become more determined to overthrow what they will see as an illegitimate govt by violence.

Meanwhile Biden will be a lame duck President hampered and frustrated at every turn by a Republican senate determined to wreck any chance he has of passing any of his legislative programme. And the far right/Russian bots will only ramp up their Fake News/Alt Truth propaganda so that half the US public won't know what's true any more. After four years of stasis in govt, violence, bile and conspiracy on the streets, the conditions will be pefect for the next National Populist (fascist in old money) to step up to the plate promising to Make America Great Again.

Sorry, but this shit isn't going to die with Trump, if anything it's likely to get worse.

And this is all assuming he doesn't manage to steal it in the courts he's handily rigged with a right wing majority just weeks before the election.

I think the Senate won't be as much of a pain in the arse as you've written here.  Several Republican Senators are likely to straddle the Socially Liberal and Fiscally Conservative line.  So they might get some stuff done around Healthcare, Infrastructure etc, but they won't get their Tax stuff done.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 02:02:42 »

I reckon Biden seals Arizona (87% counted) and Wisco (nearly finished 99%) but also snatches Georgia (95% but just 40k seperate them: Trump Leads) putting him on an untouchable 280.

Trump grabs Nevada (87% but only 8k separating: Biden Leads) by the pussy, molests Pennsylvania (88% counted), abuses North Carolina (95%) and Makes Alaska Great Again but it isn't enough and sees him finish on 258.

Georgia could be the big decider looking at the counting so far. The danger (if you don't want another Trump Term) is that if those results stayed the same, yet Trump retained Georgia this would see Biden on 264 and Trump retain power on 274.

As others have stated though, regardless of outcome, Cheeto will either not go quietly or will (if he wins) claim it to be the greatest victory ever in the history of US Politics  Crying

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 07:14:49 »

I think the Senate won't be as much of a pain in the arse as you've written here.  Several Republican Senators are likely to straddle the Socially Liberal and Fiscally Conservative line.  So they might get some stuff done around Healthcare, Infrastructure etc, but they won't get their Tax stuff done.
I hope you're right; their track record over the past 4 years isn't encouraging
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 07:18:03 »

Biden had a chance in Nevada if he loses Georgia. Georgia is a bonus shot.

Biden must be fairly confident given his 'believe we have the votes' speech
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 09:00:58 »

Aren't most of the remaining votes in Georgia mail in ballots in and around Atlanta? Surely that's a shoe-in for the Democrats.

I was watching on CNN this morning and it sounds like Pennsylvania have made a right mess of it, sending wrong ballots and then making a mess of sending the replacement ones or something. I'm sure Trump will latch onto that, hopefully that state won't make a difference.

Kind regards,

Gareth

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 09:02:37 »

Bob's not called Bob. fake news
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 09:02:39 »

Who's Gareth?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 09:06:54 »

Who's Gareth?
Bob. Or his orange
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 09:07:01 »

haha!!

I started to post and half way through got an email which I replied to. Seemingly I've come back and typed the Kind regards schtum on here!

I think I might finally be going cuckoo!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Barry Scott

« Reply #327 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 09:07:25 »

"Presidential spiritual adviser Paula White is currently leading an impassioned prayer service in an effort to secure Trump's reelection."

Ok then...  Eek Out

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1324175651515949056
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 09:07:27 »

Bob's not called Bob. fake news

Suicide

Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 09:07:40 »

Subjected myself to 30 minutes of Fox News last night. Pretty much what you would expect and the only thing of real interest is that they played an XTC song over the start of the ad break. At least some of Murdoch's filthy lucre is making its way to Wiltshire.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: