Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grub  (Read 10395 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 21:20:20 »

Made pudding/dessert. Deconstructed pear and multigrain crumble, served with creme anglaise. Piece of piss.

Top n Bottom your pear and slice sides off (save those), while your multigrain mixture toasts in the oven.

Remove mixture and roll your pear to coat in the crumble. Place the previously cut sides "moist" side down on top of the remaining crumble. Place pear upright in middle of tray. Return to oven.

Bake for 15 mins 180c.

add a sprinkling of sugar 5mins from the end to caramelised. Add cinnamon/ginger if desired. Return.

Prep your creme anglaise or if unsure just warm some milk in a pan until it starts to form a skin. Low heat Gas 1/2.

Remove baked pear, skins and crumble. Place pear upright in centre of bowl. Dress with pear skins in some kind of artsy criss cross balancing act. scatter crumble over top and around based of pear. Pour over creme anglaise to create a steamy, stewy, crumbly sensation. Sprinkle a little sugar and spice over the top to finish.

Tuck in.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 21:57:02 »

Probably a stupid question.
How do you make home made rice, have you got a Paddy field ?

The rice is just Basmati, but add a lot of ingredients to make an Egg Fried.  Things like using Ghee, cumin, cardamon, ginger paste, garlic paste, onions, egg etc.  Takes a good hour or so to get it right.  Not quite curry house or Chinese takeaway tasty but close.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:09:40 »

How do you get your rice nice and fluffy ?
Mine always ends up like a lump of stodge
Is it best to rinse in hot or cold water ?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:09:57 »

Best recipes for Indian cooking I've seen are on YouTube.
Search for 'Latifs inspired'. Mentioned it the other day on another thread.  
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:01:02 »

Very similar to one the mrs makes.
Tho uses natural yoghurt instead of coconut milk
👍

👍
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:07:12 »

How do you get your rice nice and fluffy ?
Mine always ends up like a lump of stodge
Is it best to rinse in hot or cold water ?

I use basmati rice every time. Some people religiously use two cups water to one of rice and boil until absorbed. Personally I half fill a saucepan with water small pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and put the rice in and simmer, no need to boil the crap out of it. Stir sparingly. After about 10 minutes taste a sample, if it is still hard keep up the cooking. When the rice gets to where you are happy, turn on the hot tap decant rice into a sieve and run hot water over to get out the starchy water and the scum that forms while it boils. Remember when the rice is still very hot it is still cooking... same applies to pasta. Leave five mins to drain through then serve. You’ll all have your own ways but this works for me.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 16:20:09 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 12:17:28 »

Similar to LL, we also rinse it through about 5 times with cold water before boiling and use veg stock to add a bit of flavour (don;t have to though).  Found that letting it dry out a bit post boiling also helps, before adding it to the pan- which also speaks to the not completely cooking it through first time.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 13:42:38 »

I've had sausage and chips, egg and chips, pie and mash, bacon egg and chips, fish fingers and chips. Sausage and beans in rotation. I reckon i've dropped 4-5 pounds last 10 days.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 15:48:45 »

Thanks for the tips on the rice.
Got a couple of pork tenderloins in the freezer and was thinking of doing a casserole with leeks and dumplings in the slow cooker.
Apart from veg stock and a splash of dry cider, any ideas to jazz it up ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 15:49:14 »

Got a couple of pork tenderloins in the freezer and was thinking of doing a casserole with leeks and dumplings in the slow cooker.

Play Sax whilst its cooking?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 16:21:02 »

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&sxsrf=ALeKk01WUngFk_1orHGky8m_THarNQpfKA%3A1585672303520&source=hp&ei=b3CDXovQHfKEmweBtbeoDQ&q=pork+tenderloin+recipe&oq=pork+tenderloin&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgBMgIIADICCAAyBQgAEIMBMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADoHCCMQ6gIQJzoECCMQJzoHCAAQgwEQQzoECAAQQ1D9CljCMWD8OGgCcAB4AIAB8gGIAfUMkgEFOC42LjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6sAEK&sclient=psy-ab
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 16:24:20 »

I love coconut rice and it’s so easy. Use a can of coconut cream (not milk), add 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 and half cups of water, 1 and a half cups of rice, bring to boil then simmer for about 25 mins.

Sticky Coconut Rice!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 16:25:38 »

Made pudding/dessert. Deconstructed pear and multigrain crumble, served with creme anglaise.

Any food with the word "deconstructed" in title is just plain wrong, and Creme Anglaise? Pah. It's custard you pretentious cunt.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 16:37:08 »

All very nice but thinking of doing a casserole in the slow cooker.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 17:38:47 »

Any food with the word "deconstructed" in title is just plain wrong, and Creme Anglaise? Pah. It's custard you pretentious cunt.

It's 'XX YY ways' that gets up my nose.

Where:
    XX = a type of meat or vegetable; and
    YY = a whole number, usually between 2 & 4.

I've almost had to stop watching Masterchef.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: