Pages: 1 ... 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1207002 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8880 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 13:32:42 »

however despite being called for her booster she cannot have it for 4 weeks after a PCR (positive or negative), so its fingers crossed time!

What the actual f....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8881 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 13:48:22 »

Thought it was just 28 days after a Positive test? Taking the test itself does nothing that would interfere with the jab and how it works.  Taking the jab while having the virus could cause a problem in getting it to work effectively, given the body is already producing a reaction.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8882 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 13:58:50 »

Could be worse, my missus has asthma and a history of chest infections. She has had  a stinking cold the last week so the GP asked her to take a precautionary PCR, which came back negative on Friday, however despite being called for her booster she cannot have it for 4 weeks after a PCR (positive or negative), so its fingers crossed time!

What I have also learnt is that if you have any symptoms a LFT is basically less than useless.

Really? I had a negative PCR test on the 25th November (due to being pinged, not symptoms based) and I am going for my Booster on Wednesday morning. Which is 3 weeks and 1 day.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8883 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 14:18:43 »

That's what she has been told when she tried to book the booster. TBH I am trying to persuade her just to try and get a walk up one from somewhere.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8884 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 14:30:04 »

Jesus they need to get a grip on themselves. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-...t_custom3=@BBCPolitics&at_custom1=[post+type]

Although to be fair the parallels are truly alarming. For example, in Nazi Germany they built concentration camps, whereas in pandemic Britain, we must put a tiny cloth on our faces in Tesco so people with asthma don't die.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #8885 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 14:31:38 »

If this version is easily spread and less virulent, is there an argument for letting it rip and encourage it to be the dominant one thereby building up immunity. I realise there will be pressure on the NHS and some people will die but just a thought for the long term.
Will we get a better opportunity.
Hunk

« Reply #8886 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 15:06:54 »

What I have also learnt is that if you have any symptoms a LFT is basically less than useless.

Not entirely useless, just less effective. I took one each day when I was isolating with Covid and they all came back positive until day eight. I wanted to test their effectiveness with symptoms. Obviously that’s just one person but they are capable of working with symptoms
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8887 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 15:42:16 »

I can not believe that they are still at the stage where they don't know how severe this 'tidal wave of omicron will be'. Exceptionally quick to say its more transmissible but there must be live data out there on its effects.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8888 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 15:56:36 »

There is. All the signs from South Africa suggest it’s much less serious (but not *not* serious)

Usual caveats apply

Things get better but they never get good
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #8889 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 15:57:57 »

Jesus they need to get a grip on themselves. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-...t_custom3=@BBCPolitics&at_custom1=[post+type]

Although to be fair the parallels are truly alarming. For example, in Nazi Germany they built concentration camps, whereas in pandemic Britain, we must put a tiny cloth on our faces in Tesco so people with asthma don't die.

Godwins Law applies. Also a bit odd that this MP is arguing against a 'papers based society'; having just voted to change the law so that you need to produce Papers to vote in Elections...
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #8890 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 18:10:14 »

Anyone know of anywhere in Swindon I can walk in for a second jab? 32 years old. Everywhere i've looked seems to be 40+ or wait approx 4 weeks for an appointment.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8891 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 18:16:40 »

Ive just checked the NHS site and apart from Sanford street which is over 40+ It looks like Bristol is the nearest

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8892 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 18:43:47 »

There is. All the signs from South Africa suggest it’s much less serious (but not *not* serious)

Usual caveats apply

agreed there are- but the government won't say it was more ny point.

It is now clear that two doses of vaccine are simply not enough to give the level of protection we all need. But the good news is that our scientists are confident that with a third dose, a booster dose, we can all bring our level of protection back up."

He added: "At this point our scientists cannot say that Omicron is less severe.

it is clear that 2 doses isn't enough against the unclear effects.  Hmmm iv been on board throughout but genuinely losing the will to follow any more potential restrictions. People have had enough opportunity to get jabs, enough of the vulnerable should have had their booster by now. if they go any further with restrictions without evidence then il be done.

I know people were crying out for more reaction at the every start of pandemic but its a very different scenario now in terms of protection of vulnerable etc
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8893 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 19:13:57 »

It's a numbers game. Highly transmissible but less deadly but still has as much or more change of clogging the NHS .

The thing is. what about the next variant. or the one after? if we can get it down to one booster a year fair enough. we can't do it every 3 or 6 months

What's the exit strategy
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8894 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 19:25:19 »

It's a numbers game. Highly transmissible but less deadly but still has as much or more change of clogging the NHS .

The thing is. what about the next variant. or the one after? if we can get it down to one booster a year fair enough. we can't do it every 3 or 6 months

What's the exit strategy

I'd have no issue personally with a 6 monthly jab or even 3 monthly if it means just cracking on which it rightly should

Pages: 1 ... 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: