Pages: 1 ... 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203075 times)
Hunk

« Reply #8640 on: Monday, November 15, 2021, 21:10:10 »

This might explain the spike at work in the over 50's who were double jabbed like myself
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/covid-jab-protection-wanes-within-six-months-uk-researchers-2021-08-25/

Looks that way.

I expect this time next year we’ll see a combined flu/19 jab to get the most vulnerable through the winter and let it take its natural course through the milder months

I had the flu while at uni. Was 19 and it was ten times more horrific than Covid. Virtually an entire month it put me out of action for
« Last Edit: Monday, November 15, 2021, 21:13:20 by Hunk » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8641 on: Monday, November 15, 2021, 21:13:14 »

I think you could be right depending on what happens early next summer when the booster vaccines will be getting weaker.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8642 on: Monday, November 15, 2021, 21:27:30 »

I assume that's protection from infection that decreases.

it doesn't really say how much protection against serious cases (hospitalisation) decreases though.

I'll be getting the booster as soon as
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8643 on: Monday, November 15, 2021, 21:29:11 »

Same here earliest I can have it is mid December or in our case 28 days after testing positive.

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #8644 on: Monday, November 15, 2021, 21:29:43 »

I assume that's protection from infection that decreases.

it doesn't really say how much protection against serious cases (hospitalisation) decreases though.

I'll be getting the booster as soon as

We might see any reduction in protection against serious illness/hospitalisation offset by these drug treatments they were very happy about recently
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8645 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 09:54:11 »

Speaking to my mate who works in a hospital the other night, their ICU is busier now than it was at any time last year, this is the fear, the NHS just don't have the beds or staff to cope.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8646 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 10:00:11 »

Speaking to my mate who works in a hospital the other night, their ICU is busier now than it was at any time last year, this is the fear, the NHS just don't have the beds or staff to cope.

The childrens ward today is at 31 patients for a 26 bed ward...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8647 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 10:05:14 »

When you look at the breakdown though most of it is non-covid this time. This was always going to be the issue with lockdowns and what not, you just create a bow wave of other conditions that need urgent treatment as the preventative care got put on the back burner due to the Covidcentric approach. That’s why I don’t get the constant call for more restrictions or even lockdowns from some, it’s completely nonsensical.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8648 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 10:10:03 »

if you need a hospital bed then it's quite serious . you can't wait it out unless it's elective surgery

adding in extra covid patients on top isn't exactly going to help.

since people are back to mingling though you'd think flu will be on the up ..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8649 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 10:14:16 »

When you look at the breakdown though most of it is non-covid this time. This was always going to be the issue with lockdowns and what not, you just create a bow wave of other conditions that need urgent treatment as the preventative care got put on the back burner due to the Covidcentric approach. That’s why I don’t get the constant call for more restrictions or even lockdowns from some, it’s completely nonsensical.

In his hospital its 80%+ covid, the vax is good at reducing deaths (assuming you have both doses and boosters) but it has a lessor effect on reducing hospitalisations, added to which the new treatments are keeping people alive, but whilst they are being treated they are taking up beds, hence the shit in the NHS at the moment.

Is there an issue with other conditions, I have friends who have had (or have family members who have had) things like Cancer diagnosis and heart attacks etc in the last 18 months and they have all been treated broadly within timetables extant pre covid, its the people like my old man who needs back surgery that are caught up in the system as understandably non critical stuff has been delayed.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #8650 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 10:21:37 »

In his hospital its 80%+ covid, the vax is good at reducing deaths (assuming you have both doses and boosters) but it has a lessor effect on reducing hospitalisations, added to which the new treatments are keeping people alive, but whilst they are being treated they are taking up beds, hence the shit in the NHS at the moment.

I'd take that with the same pinch of salt as I took in the first lockdown, when people told me BRI covid wards were virtually empty. Nationally there are about 20% of the numbers hospitalised that we saw at the peak.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8651 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 10:22:22 »

Is there an issue with other conditions, I have friends who have had (or have family members who have had) things like Cancer diagnosis and heart attacks etc in the last 18 months and they have all been treated broadly within timetables extant pre covid, its the people like my old man who needs back surgery that are caught up in the system as understandably non critical stuff has been delayed.
The BBC put this graph up today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59299701

It basically shows there are 20k less Covid patients in hospital than January but 25,000 more with other conditions so a net increase hence the strain.

Reduced social contact and lockdowns is going to have negatively impacted peoples immune systems so this winter, next winter or whenever restrictions went was always going to be painful.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8652 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:57:04 »

How you feeling Batch post Covid and any taste yet?

Back to about 80% now I think. Some things still tasting a bit 'muted'. Mrs B says tomatoes don't taste the same as they used to for her.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #8653 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 10:55:38 »

Just been to steam for booster. Fantastic organisation.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8654 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 07:56:58 »

Am I missing something here. They reckon5 million people in the UK have not been vaccinated.

Cases are going at about 40,000 per day - so, nearly 1.5 million per month.

In 4 months then surely everybody will either be vaccinated or have contracted Covid and have antibodies.

Realise a small number of people are vaccinated and still catch it.
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: