Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444382 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:18:37 »

PDC probably not a fair comparison, probably pulled in a few hammers and curious nuterals given he's bat shit crazy.

Wellens hasn't got that gravitas. Not yet.

even so, 7k+ should easily be achievable with a sustained run.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:22:02 »

Is Jed still involved at Solihull Moors? They are flying high in the Conference and we could well be playing them next season.

Nope, but I didn't realise that Tim Flowers is manager there.......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:40:07 »

PDC probably not a fair comparison, probably pulled in a few hammers and curious nuterals given he's bat shit crazy.
It was only a fair comparison based upon us being in the same division and crwods while we are doing well, although you are probably right, whos to say Wellens doesn't bring in extra Leicester and Blackpool fans to see their former idol Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:47:23 »

Success brings crowds, I think considering the shit served up in the last few years over 6k average is bloody good going.

Exactly. Power needs to look after those that still go.... those that don't that's their business, but the home form needs improving.  After get out of jail wins in the first 2 against sides just up from the Conference...we've won 2 of the next 13, chuck in home defeats in both cups and it's a sorry state of affairs.

Wellens has 8 games to show some progress in this area.... I would say 4 wins is the minimum requirement, otherwise the atmosphere will get more toxic.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:53:38 »

Exactly. Power needs to look after those that still go.... those that don't that's their business, but the home form needs improving.  After get out of jail wins in the first 2 against sides just up from the Conference...we've won 2 of the next 13, chuck in home defeats in both cups and it's a sorry state of affairs.

Wellens has 8 games to show some progress in this area.... I would say 4 wins is the minimum requirement, otherwise the atmosphere will get more toxic.

Just out of interest how is Power supposed to do this, he has appointed a manager, provided support in the transfer market and a budget comparable with many in the league, not sure what else he can be expected to do?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 16:08:45 »

Just out of interest how is Power supposed to do this, he has appointed a manager, provided support in the transfer market and a budget comparable with many in the league, not sure what else he can be expected to do?

That's for Power to figure out.  If it was me, I think I'd look at the budget, and wonder if a way could be found of increasing it. Failing that I think I would question if I was the right person, to bring the 6000 or so what they want., and consider my position.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 16:36:10 »

That's for Power to figure out.  If it was me, I think I'd look at the budget, and wonder if a way could be found of increasing it. Failing that I think I would question if I was the right person, to bring the 6000 or so what they want., and consider my position.

Consider my position? He owns the bloody club whats he going to do give it to someone else?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 16:41:11 »

Coming from Reg, that's basically a "Power out!"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 16:41:22 »

Consider my position? He owns the bloody club whats he going to do give it to someone else?

I'm not sure of its value, but if you fail to bring the required success, then look to sell it on.  Isn't that basic business practice?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 16:48:11 »

I'm not sure of its value, but if you fail to bring the required success, then look to sell it on.  Isn't that basic business practice?

Basic business would be making money out of ones investment, which a nice little training ground with a tenant paying rent, some houses (Although if the Council have any gumption they will tie  that up in knots via s.106) and a share in a redeveloped ground with 24/7/365 revenue all achieves.

We have been stagnant on the pitch for 3 years yet crowds are standing up, we can moan all we like but its up to him what he does with his investment, as the title of this thread shows, a quick look around suggests things could be a lot worse,  when you look at those clubs in dire straits and see the mobilisation of their fans, one has to wonder why the enthusiasm isn't here for similar, perhaps in the cold light of day its not as bad as the doom mongers suggest - I do not attend so I do not know?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 16:58:10 »

He’s said it often enough. He’s not here to bring success. He’s here to make money.

If success comes it would be as a byproduct - not a priority.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 22:08:12 »

Oldham losing and Newport drawing means we keep 12th place....  the battle at the top end between former Power bosses ended unsurprisingly honours even 1-1..  hopefully FGR may have picked up an injury or 2, as like us they're better away than home.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 17:06:14 »

But if its not turning a profit surely no one's going to want to invest ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 13:14:01 »

Returning the thread back to it's original purpose after the navel-gazing of the last 7 pages Smiley

At least we're not getting frequent flyer miles from the insolvency courts these days:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47150388
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 13:30:04 »

Bury FC and a winding up order? I’m so shocked!

Get them buckets out again lads!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: