Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444325 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 11:46:50 »

Dickhead who sits a couple of rows behind me, his record before getting on Norris back last season was 32 seconds.

Moaning twat
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 11:48:52 »

As an example, the last home game I went to some bloke in his 40s stood fairly close to me shouted insults and booed every time Woolery touched the ball shouting stuff like "fuck off back to Wigan (of Forest Green) every single time, he was the same with Bayo too, "fuck off back to Fulham you useless wanker" and actually booed before he even touched the ball.

Looking at the players he is singling out it does hint that there might be another reason for his specific abuse  Hmmm Hmmm
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 11:52:50 »

Dickhead who sits a couple of rows behind me, his record before getting on Norris back last season was 32 seconds.

Moaning twat

A little off topic, but 11ish years back we went to Stockport v. Swindon as part of my stag weekend, with a few lads attending who had never been to a football match before.

Within about 5 mins of kick off there was a bloke behind us who berated Aljofree (who was useless that day to be honest), he spent the whole match shouting 'Aljofree you are a fucking disgrace' etc in the most stereotypical Wiltshire accent it was frankly embarrassing although my mates thought it was hilarious and completely supported the opinion they always had of me as a fucking yokel.
Flashheart

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 11:55:45 »

I remember a game yonks ago when I was stood close to some bloke giving Kerslake shit from Kick-off to the final whistle. He was relentless.

Kerslake wasn't even playing in that match. 
Panda Paws

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 12:05:15 »

Thing is it is both sides and it now transfers to twitter and on here. Literally bickering like fuck, you can't even moan at a player without being moaned at any more. I remember shouting out for fuck sake about a wayward pass by Knoyle and some idiot abusing me about being unsupportive  Roll Eyes

There's an obvious common sense approach though - everyone has a pop from time to time, in frustration, but continuous abuse of our own players and staff is just weird and massively off-putting for me. AFC Wimbledon away 2 years ago, with the away end behind the dugout, was just a constant toxic tirade towards the bench by a fairly sized minority.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 12:14:22 »

Person at work, goes about 3-4 times a season, and even he’s pointed out how the fans seem to be silent until they can start getting on the players backs

Things get better but they never get good
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 12:16:35 »

I had some twat tell me to sit down once, I was actually walking down the steps to go to the bogs, and I hadn't even stopped. They got some chops back Grin
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 12:19:12 »

I've never known the ground to be so quiet.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:51:55 »

Interesting comments - what I can deduce from them is that if we were allowed to sell beer you can take to your seats, and allow unrestricted seating around the ground, everyone would enjoy the games regardless of standard of football?  There can be no other explanation for watching Swindon Supermarine and enjoying it - whichever way you cut it, the football is worse than even Saturday's performance by both teams.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:53:08 »

Oh, and interestingly, for me, the Atlanta Utd MLS Final game had 73,000 fans stood for the entire game, even in the top tier, drinking beer and a large section is unrestricted seating.  They seemed happy, but they did win I guess.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:11:26 »

Interesting comments - what I can deduce from them is that if we were allowed to sell beer you can take to your seats, and allow unrestricted seating around the ground, everyone would enjoy the games regardless of standard of football?  There can be no other explanation for watching Swindon Supermarine and enjoying it - whichever way you cut it, the football is worse than even Saturday's performance by both teams.

Those that don't fancy the moaners at football, might give egg chasing a go.  Here you can still drink beer and watch, and anything other than support for all and sundry is definitely not the done thing.  They even shut up for opposition pen kicks.

Doubtless, you can get a decent cup of espresso or some such muck at half time.... rather than Bovril.

Supermarine are too closely connected to Justin Tomlinson and Wonga for my taste.
Panda Paws

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:44:27 »

The default position of "moaners" have always been and thus always will is simplifying the issue.

A lot of people are being discouraged from watching Town because the constant stream of negativity makes it less fun. It's not always been so, and I'm not talking about moaning, I'm talking about constant, unfounded abuse.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:48:42 »

The simple fact is that large number of fans will only put up with watching shite for so long. Season after season of dreadful home form has taken its toll.

It’s a wonder we still get 6,000 tbh.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:54:45 »

I wonder if we were doing well, would the crowd increase. I probably doubt it would considerably.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:06:00 »

I wonder if we were doing well, would the crowd increase. I probably doubt it would considerably.
The only valid comparison recently is that under PdC the crowd rarely dropped under 8k with 4 games being well over 10k.

Success brings crowds, I think considering the shit served up in the last few years over 6k average is bloody good going, if we got to the play off positions I think we would again get 8k with possibly 11k for the actual play off home leg.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: