Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zzzzz Swindon v Colchester Zzzzzz  (Read 24935 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:50:32 »

Hey, we’ve got a game tonight. Yay!

Sub 5000 crowd will witness a rare Town demolition job. 5-0.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:51:29 »

Hope so. Very quickly losing the love
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:58:59 »

Will be there with daughter. I can see us losing and to quote a bit of Shakespeare this could be a winter of our discontent. The next 5 games are pivotal. I'm still with Flitcroft but I can see things getting very ugly if we don't do well over X Mas. Alternatively, we do well and we're back in the mix. The good news is that its totally in our own hands.
Not really looking forward to tonight. Will be cold and it just seems wrong to play on a Friday night when you've got a free Saturday. I have a premonition of a lot of beer.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 11:03:07 »

Changing the date here represents sheer stupidity, even by our standards. I'm near enough going alone because, shock horror, every regular who usually sits within the vicinity of me is at a Christmas party. Do they genuinely think that thousands of fans would have been rushing into town to panic buy Christmas shopping on December 16th? Unbelievable. I agree with the sub-5k estimate - it could be our lowest league gate for about 15 years.

We do need to win for sure, and the absence of Norris makes me more confident that it'll happen. They've sort of hit form, but that's all the more reason why we should win - Vale and Wycombe were in form, Grimsby and Newport weren't, and the results speak for themselves.  2-1 Town.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 11:07:31 »

Pretty decent assessment by CS.  ColU are a form team who usually do well at the CG.  They start as favourites, but you never know. A draw would be acceptable.  The decision to move this game, is very strange.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 11:27:24 »

No score prediction -but it will be fucking cold!  Doh Doh
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 11:31:02 »

They've done it a few times in recent years. The Tranmere home game when they were top of the league and we spanked them 5-0 (seemed to turn their season, and ultimately their fortunes in general) springs to mind. Good crowd that day, and atmosphere too but that was at the height of the Di Canio era.

I can't go tonight as I have an xmas party so will drunkenly check the score early tomorrow I imagine. Hope to see a good 3 points to restore some sanity to our fan base.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 11:41:23 »

They've done it a few times in recent years. The Tranmere home game when they were top of the league and we spanked them 5-0 (seemed to turn their season, and ultimately their fortunes in general) springs to mind. Good crowd that day, and atmosphere too but that was at the height of the Di Canio era.

I can't go tonight as I have an xmas party so will drunkenly check the score early tomorrow I imagine. Hope to see a good 3 points to restore some sanity to our fan base.

I think the difference with that game was it was around a week later (Friday 21st). By that point, people have finished work, the parties are done and dusted, and people might be in the process of heading away for Christmas by the weekend.

If we were at home next weekend, I'd have understood moving it to the Friday. But this weekend, it's utterly senseless.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:03:20 »

Wait, what?

We're playing tonight?
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:04:46 »

I think the difference with that game was it was around a week later (Friday 21st). By that point, people have finished work, the parties are done and dusted, and people might be in the process of heading away for Christmas by the weekend.

If we were at home next weekend, I'd have understood moving it to the Friday. But this weekend, it's utterly senseless.

Agreed! I'm at my Christmas party tonight annoyingly so will be keeping up to date on my phone, ah well night on the booze it is
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:11:33 »

On reflection, I'm quite pleased they've moved this as it means I now have tomorrow afternoon free to help my lad choose the bike he wants for Christmas instead of feeling obliged to go and watch a game I don't really want to go to. On the other hand, the fact that I not only don't care I'll miss the game but am actually quite pleased as it better fits my schedule tells it's own tale.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:11:59 »

Conversely, there's a few in my group who used to be regulars but can't make Saturdays who will be in attendance tonight. Looking forward to a few beers after the game.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:13:24 »

I'll take that as a yes.

Well, that's reet handy for me.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:14:53 »

I could definitely understand switching the odd game to a Friday, to try and accommodate a few non-regulars.

I just think this is the worst Friday of the year on which to do it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:17:34 »

Yes FH, 7:45KO tonight, isn't that 2:45am for you?

Anywho, we had our xmas party yesterday. And thanks to 'compressed Friday' I can sit at home recovering this morning. Which means I get the pleasure of going later and...oh..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: