Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zzzzz Swindon v Colchester Zzzzzz  (Read 25236 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 18:27:09 »

It's very difficult these days to stand still in football terms, it either seems like you go up or down, the trends can manifest themselves over a few seasons.

It's not just about results, but a feel of where the club is going, in the early part of the season it did look as if Flitters had applied a brake to the slide of the last 2 seasons, and it isn't too late to turn this current situation around. But it needs to happen quickly.

As it stands there are only 3 clubs below us Crewe, BPV, and Chesterfield who haven't been non league relatively recently, and all 3 are within a point of the drop zone. The only thing to suggest there might be a reason why we shouldn't go there ourselves is by getting points on the board, certainly the way the club is run wouldn't look out of place in the Conference.
Reg you've hit the nail on the head, gone are the days when a club were a solid, whatever Div they were in team. We threw promotion away from div 1 a few times in recent years especially when PDC had us firing towards the championship only to be given the boot. Now there's only one direction we're heading and with such bad home form this year and its not up! I hope we win tonight but my guts telling me another home defeat, whilst I don't think we'll go down this season at the moment going out of the league looks like our only route out of Div2.I know it sounds like a negative overreaction but I can't see anything else on the horizion.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 18:37:21 »

We threw promotion away from div 1 a few times in recent years especially when PDC had us firing towards the championship only to be given the boot.

Let's not rewrite history. He wasn't given the boot; he fucked off as soon as Black closed his wallet.

It's All Good..............
Sir red ken

« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 18:42:26 »

Let's not rewrite history. He wasn't given the boot; he fucked off as soon as Black closed his wallet.
So why did the club settle his claim?
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10568479.Town_and_Di_Canio_settle_out_of_court/
woolster

« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 18:48:01 »

plus the fact the Sunderland chairman had his wallet open with PDC's salary hanging out of it
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 18:51:10 »

He threw a strop when Ritchie was sold. Then, because he couldn't have his own way, he started bleating on about his position being made untenable. He then left. Of his own accord.

The 'untenable' bit was the reason for the court case. He tried to sue the club for active dismissal, because he threw his toys out of the pram for not getting his own way, and then left, of his own accord.

He was not booted. I'm surprised this needs explaining.
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 18:56:41 »

If by 'booted', what you mean is: 'selling a player, causing him to have a paddy', then you'd be correct.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 19:27:35 »

The ref has been changed tonight - replaced by one from Oxford!

No RCC or Harry Smith in the squad - not more strops, surely.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 19:27:56 »

Well I’m in Poland so in theory should be able to pay a fiver and watch this but it isn’t obvious how as my I follow subscription is a UK season pass. Looks like I’ll listen and hope it’s a 2-1 win.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 19:59:52 »

God this game is shocking.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 20:02:25 »

That’s not a shock to me
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 20:07:56 »

Why the hell do we persist in playing a left back in centre midfield and a centre midfielder at left back?

Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 20:17:57 »

We are playing a bit better this last 15 mins, making a couple of chances now.

Still a poor game thought.

Doesn't look much more than 5,500 to 5,700 there.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 20:20:02 »

Colchester are a team of divers, and their centre back was lucky to just get a booking for fouling Woolery earlier when he had the beating of him clean through on goal.

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 20:22:02 »

1-0
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 20:22:07 »

1-0 Woolery.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: