Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382175 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 11:36:59 »

Initially it's a bit disappointing for individual fans not to own part of the actual stadium

Would be an absolute fucking nightmare to administer.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1246 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 12:39:51 »

Hmm, that's not quite my reading of the Twitter Q&A they've answered so far, they've generally said "if you give at least £19.69 a year" which is about £1.64 per month. Definitely one to get clarified.

If someone pays £10 a month/ £120 per year, £19.69 of that will be for the Voting Share. The remaining amount will form as a donation to the CG Community Fund. So if that person is donating at least £19.69 per year currently, that's the cost of the voting share covered.

For those currently paying £1 a month, they still get a share as a loyalty reward but we'd love for those folks to increase membership donations but we're not going to force any price increases on anyone and are grateful for all continued support from existing members.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 12:44:21 »

If someone pays £10 a month/ £120 per year, £19.69 of that will be for the Voting Share. The remaining amount will form as a donation to the CG Community Fund. So if that person is donating at least £19.69 per year currently, that's the cost of the voting share covered.

For those currently paying £1 a month, they still get a share as a loyalty reward but we'd love for those folks to increase membership donations but we're not going to force any price increases on anyone and are grateful for all continued support from existing members.

So is it minimum of £19.69 for a voting share or whatever you can afford and still get a vote ?

Time for the Trust to go on a membership drive on the back of the CG purchase, term it for fans to have their say on future of the CG
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 12:48:34 »

So is it minimum of £19.69 for a voting share or whatever you can afford and still get a vote ?

Time for the Trust to go on a membership drive on the back of the CG purchase, term it for fans to have their say on future of the CG

From the above, it's £19.69 per year minimum for new (not current) Trust members, £12 per year minimum for existing (pre-offer) Trust members.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 12:53:10 »

So, the purchase is finalised tomorrow. Whelan still suggesting stuff behind the scenes.

‘ Along with the club crest and the shirt colours, the stadium is one of the most identifiable parts of a club’s identity. To have that now firmly in the hands of the supporters trust and the club must be a huge bonus. You look at clubs like Coventry who were forced to play their home games miles away from their home due to disagreements with their landlord it just gives everyone involved that element of security. As well as that they will be able to negotiate funding for development and improvements, knowing that these investments will be for the long term future of the club. With plenty still going on behind the scenes and an overall disappointing season to date, this good news will hopefully breath an element of positivity into the club as the season draws to a close.’
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 13:12:57 »

On the flip side I don’t think the 2 should be related and should be kept separate. Currently I have no time for the Trust and don’t want to be a member but will happily donate to the ground and have a say on key decisions which is what I assumed the ‘voting share’ does but that doesn’t seem the case. Being a member of the Trust shouldn’t be a prerequisite of voting on Stadium stuff.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 13:42:22 »

On the flip side I don’t think the 2 should be related and should be kept separate. Currently I have no time for the Trust and don’t want to be a member but will happily donate to the ground and have a say on key decisions which is what I assumed the ‘voting share’ does but that doesn’t seem the case. Being a member of the Trust shouldn’t be a prerequisite of voting on Stadium stuff.

The Trust is the legal entity that owns the 50% share of the County Ground and appoints directors to the Joint Venture board though, so I don't think those can really be separated.

I think a better way to think about your point is that you don't want to support the current Trust board rather than the legal entity that owns the CG. Which is a valid opinion, even if I think it's a bit unfair. You could of course join the Trust and vote against the re-election of individual board members whose approach you don't like (bearing in mind that the current board probably doesn't all agree on every issue) or even stand yourself.

As it is, your position seems to be a bit like  "I don't like the government, so I won't vote at an election", although obviously to vote in a general election you don't have to pay!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 14:00:21 »

You could have put yourself forward to join the Trust board, they were just asking for applications before the AGM. Or you can just type away on a forum.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 16:12:45 »

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/03/23/swindon-town-set-to-make-history/

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #1254 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 16:21:44 »

Not sure what more they can do to be honest and for the sake ofa £1 month why not just join as it is worth your while now if it is that important to You
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 17:36:37 »

It has to be that way.

The club and The trust, a collective of over 1,000 members, each own 50% of the ground so have an equal say on what happens.    If you were able to have a say without being attached to either, then someone that owns the club could buy up loads of votes and vote in favour of a plan that the supporters do not want.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 17:50:07 »

It has to be that way.

The club and The trust, a collective of over 1,000 members, each own 50% of the ground so have an equal say on what happens.    If you were able to have a say without being attached to either, then someone that owns the club could buy up loads of votes and vote in favour of a plan that the supporters do not want.

I just wish the 2 were detached is all, you could be a member of Stadium group and all your annual membership goes to that or you can choose pay some arbitrary additional figure to be a full member of the Trust. For my own reasons and as a point of principle I don’t want to be a member of the Trust currently as I don’t think they represent anyone that has any critical comments towards the club and fear this will just lead to a further cosy business partner like relationship with the club. So I guess at this moment in time I won’t be paying for a vote then, so be it.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 23:23:43 »

I just wish the 2 were detached is all, you could be a member of Stadium group and all your annual membership goes to that or you can choose pay some arbitrary additional figure to be a full member of the Trust. For my own reasons and as a point of principle I don’t want to be a member of the Trust currently as I don’t think they represent anyone that has any critical comments towards the club and fear this will just lead to a further cosy business partner like relationship with the club. So I guess at this moment in time I won’t be paying for a vote then, so be it.

The legal entity behind the Trust, Swindon Town Community Mutual and Swindon Town Football Club own 50% each of the CGJV. If someone had a vote in the CGJV, this would result in either a ton of shares needing to be issued to maintain that 50% split but fundamentally, this would also break the mechanism of a Joint Venture. Trust me, there has been hours of debate, conversations and legal convos trying to work out the best mechanism to make this work. Ultimately, the entire reason why the Eady Trust were happy to release the funds to purchase the stadium from the late Nigel Eady’s trust fund is because of the legal guarantees and principles that the Trust operates as.

The vehicles for the fans voices to be amplified is via the Trust. The purpose of the trust is to ensure Swindon Town FC is here for the next generation of fans in addition to representing the fans. So the Trust is merely a legal entity vessel that has rules and processes to act as that entity to do things exactly like buying the CG and giving fans a voice.

None of the money raised is spent frivolously, nor is any of it paid to any board members or withdrawn for personal gain. Every penny goes towards everything STFC.

I appreciate there are individuals that you sound like you do not agree with but the key message I’ll share with you right now is that my opinion is that not one board member is bigger than what the Trust is and represents. Don’t let those that you don’t agree with distract you from it’s bigger purpose but the more fans engage, express their thoughts and opinions, the more the Trust can be shaped into the entity the fans want it to be. Those who don’t engage on principle let’s those you don’t see eye to with go unaccountable from the actions you don’t want to see.

It saddens me that from the 11 existing board members serving in the Trust right now that none of us represent you. I’ll be stood outside the Town End on Saturday handing out booklets.

And this is an open invite for anyone who who feels similar… Come find me, let’s talk and let’s give your theory a test but if I pass, you have to get your card out to splash out £19.69 before 3pm! How does that sound for a deal?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 23:28:10 »

If you want a vote, it’s a minimum of £19.69 per year for new members or on average £1.64 averaged out over 12 months. If you are able and willing to donate more, we would encourage a monthly donation to the County Ground Community Fund..

If you want to donate only to the County Ground Community Fund, you can do that but it won’t give you a Voting Share on CG proposals.

The membership drive is coming!! Get involved and be part of history!

Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: Friday, March 24, 2023, 09:26:42 »

Two very informative posts by FDB above that have answered the questions I wanted to ask.
This is indeed a very significant milestone for our club and something all real fans should embrace but I do understand the doubts some have, I would include myself in that.
I know the poor or lack of communication has been done to death on here but something as big as this really should be presented big time by all those so involved, surely the Football Club itself should be more actively involved in announcing such an historic occasion !
Its a shame that the dross served up on the pitch has dampened the early pre season enthusiasm if we were in the promotion places at the moment I feel sure more supporters would be swept along with the feel good factor and such a league position would no doubt attract more supporters joining up. The lack of any real professional marketing shown by the club this season is in my opinion significant when considering the supporters attitude towards all things STFC.
As a Swindon Town fan of too many years to mention I have become both cynical and sceptical as I have witnessed to many false dawns both on and off the pitch. As we approach the end of another season of discontent my attitude unfortunately remains the same.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: