Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 385392 times)
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: Monday, January 9, 2023, 15:33:37 »

Thanks both, makes sense, I'll get him to hold fire until after the vote
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1171 on: Monday, January 9, 2023, 16:47:10 »

As already said we have temporarily suspended new membership until after the vote expiry. We will be launching with the opportunity for fans to join the Trust and own a share in the CG very soon.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: Monday, January 9, 2023, 21:07:41 »

As already said we have temporarily suspended new membership until after the vote expiry. We will be launching with the opportunity for fans to join the Trust and own a share in the CG very soon.
I've still not had an email Jan, just so you know.

I assume there must be others as well.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1173 on: Monday, January 9, 2023, 21:23:31 »

Sorry to here , what name and email address are you registered under and I will check it out.
Email me on webmaster@truststfc.com
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: Monday, January 9, 2023, 22:08:15 »

Sorry to here , what name and email address are you registered under and I will check it out.
Email me on webmaster@truststfc.com
Done, thanks!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 08:23:20 »

Hi there, we are investigating this for you and will respond via email asap, we have literally been inundated with questions today so apologies for slow response.

Maybe worth looking at all previous bronze memberships as I had a similar problem (before the vote) and hope we not missing anyone on this important vote 👍
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 14:44:31 »

Listened to the Trust on Loathed Strangers this afternoon. Understandably not expecting difficulty getting the membership to vote in favour, but I was a little surprised there wasn't more stress being placed on the difficult thing being getting more than 50% of the membership to vote - that is not a low bar at all, and apathy (and frankly, forgetfulness, not having the right contact details, people having changed addresses/moved/died etc.) is the main thing that will potentially prove difficult here.

For example - at the 2022 local council elections in Swindon, turnout was between the mid 20s and high 30s percentage in every ward. I work in email marketing (tangentially) and getting more than 50% of people to *open* an email, let alone act on it, is a seriously tough task!

Question I guess for Jan - obviously we hope this doesn't happen - but what happens if we get 99% of the vote in favour, but only on a 40% turnout? Is that it, dead in the water? Is there a backup plan?
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1177 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 15:02:22 »

Listened to the Trust on Loathed Strangers this afternoon. Understandably not expecting difficulty getting the membership to vote in favour, but I was a little surprised there wasn't more stress being placed on the difficult thing being getting more than 50% of the membership to vote - that is not a low bar at all, and apathy (and frankly, forgetfulness, not having the right contact details, people having changed addresses/moved/died etc.) is the main thing that will potentially prove difficult here.

For example - at the 2022 local council elections in Swindon, turnout was between the mid 20s and high 30s percentage in every ward. I work in email marketing (tangentially) and getting more than 50% of people to *open* an email, let alone act on it, is a seriously tough task!

Question I guess for Jan - obviously we hope this doesn't happen - but what happens if we get 99% of the vote in favour, but only on a 40% turnout? Is that it, dead in the water? Is there a backup plan?
Thanks for the feedback Nemo, hope you found the LS Pod useful..
Your right in normal situations like Council/General elections getting a 50% turnout can be tough indeed. However I am happy to say we have been delighted with the number of people who have voted so far and there wont be an issue reaching the 50% turnout level I am pleased to say. But also to answer your 2nd part of the question, yes if the 50% and then the 75% part saying Yes were not reached we would have to go back to the drawing board and it would delay the purchase certainly.. Hope that helps.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 15:14:15 »

However I am happy to say we have been delighted with the number of people who have voted so far and there wont be an issue reaching the 50% turnout level I am pleased to say

Excellent news; I'll stop worrying!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 15:16:13 »

Excellent news; I'll stop worrying!

Yeah that was my worry.

Glad there won't be an issue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 19:37:03 »

Don't forget voting ends tomorrow.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 21:57:51 »

Never did get an e-mail...but as long as the 50% voting level has been reached I don't suppose it matters.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 09:38:03 »

Results are in! 87.9% turnout and 99.8% voted yes.

Big thank you to all who involved in making this happen, really is great news! COYR
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 10:24:31 »

Great stuff, kudos to Trust boards past and present for getting us to this point. A huge step forward for the club.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:13:57 »

Who’s the 0.2% that said no?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: