Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 385657 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:41:00 »

Reading an article on the adver site, it suggests the council have to wait for government approval before selling the County Ground:

He told Robert Jenrick: “We are ready and waiting to help the government and our local businesses realise our ambition for improving Swindon but in order to proceed, we would be grateful for two actions from you: An early decision in July on Swindon's Future High Streets fund bid and fast-tracked approach to agreeing a Swindon Town Deal by October 2020.”

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18547838.funding-bids-worth-50m-crucial-swindon-town-centres-recovery-lockdown/

That is dreadfully worded, not sure why government would have to give approval for the disposal of e Council owned asset, I wonder whether its just another regeneration funding bid, nothing to do with the club?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:16:56 »

Reading an article on the adver site, it suggests the council have to wait for government approval before selling the County Ground:

He told Robert Jenrick: “We are ready and waiting to help the government and our local businesses realise our ambition for improving Swindon but in order to proceed, we would be grateful for two actions from you: An early decision in July on Swindon's Future High Streets fund bid and fast-tracked approach to agreeing a Swindon Town Deal by October 2020.”

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18547838.funding-bids-worth-50m-crucial-swindon-town-centres-recovery-lockdown/
Sorry, maybe I've missed something but as far as I can see that article makes absolutely no mention whatsoever of the County Ground or STFC? Maybe it originally did when you first posted and has been edited since?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:24:50 »

As noted its dreadfully written, I think the bit being referred to is "we would be grateful for two actions from you: An early decision in July on Swindon's Future High Streets fund bid and fast-tracked approach to agreeing a Swindon Town Deal by October 2020.”

Now the Swindon Town bit seems to be a hyperlink although I suspect that's more to do with their software automatically tagging certain preordained words rather than any link to the club.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:26:47 »

I think it refers to this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/blueprint-for-100-multi-million-pound-town-deals-revealed

Not with STFC
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:28:20 »

As noted its dreadfully written, I think the bit being referred to is "we would be grateful for two actions from you: An early decision in July on Swindon's Future High Streets fund bid and fast-tracked approach to agreeing a Swindon Town Deal by October 2020.”

Now the Swindon Town bit seems to be a hyperlink although I suspect that's more to do with their software automatically tagging certain preordained words rather than any link to the club.
Oh I see, yes clearly nothing to do with the club. The whole piece is about town centre regeneration
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 15:29:54 »

Oh I see, yes clearly nothing to do with the club. The whole piece is about town centre regeneration

I obviously wrongly assumed Swindon Town deal meant they was asking for government approval to see the county ground, obviously poorly written
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:22:29 »

For Trust members, an email has gone out this morning calling a vote of the membership to authorise the Trust to buy the CG in a joint venture along with the club.

It needs 50% of the membership to vote, and 75% of those to vote in favour, or the Trust can't proceed.

It seems a bit more abstract than matters on the field, but this is 100% the most important decision in STFC land at the moment for the long term improvement of the club's position off and on the field.

Check your emails, vote yes, if it doesn't work, contact the Trust and they'll sort it. Need to make sure this vote doesn't fail on a lack of responses, which would be a huge blow.

I know a few have had grumbles about the Trust at times (myself included) but fan ownership of the CG is an unambiguously good thing.

For those who aren't members of the Trust right now, I think joining now is too late to vote, but it will certainly be a good thing for future stages and votes to come.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:28:44 »

Not had anything yet... Nothing in spam either...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:32:54 »

Just had mine and voted Yes 👍
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:34:52 »

Not had anything yet... Nothing in spam either...

It's only members who are actively paying, if you are still having issues then contact them on membership@truststfc.com
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 09:37:13 »

Well said Nemo and thanks for the reminder about this. Received and voted yes just now.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:27:32 »

Had mine, obviously voted Yes
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 10:48:42 »

Good to see more details of both the deal to buy from the council and subsequent lease laid out, the overage clause being a new one, albeit entirely predictable.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 11:11:56 »

It's only members who are actively paying, if you are still having issues then contact them on membership@truststfc.com
Will do, thanks!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 11:28:12 »

oops I voted twice!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: