Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382072 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 01:42:33 »

Probably the best post I've ever seen on the TEF...
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 08:13:31 »

Probably the best post I've ever seen on the TEF...
Another Town fan tweeted it yesterday.

I imagine it ticks a few boxes Reg. A progressive Swindon council official engaging a famous Italian architect in the Swinging 60's to build a new stand.

If only we had stayed up in 1964/5!. Didn't we get relegated on goal average?

Sent from my HTC U11
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 14:09:08 »

What a superb find!  I love it, we should build it.  It's a bit football stadium meets funky modern airport terminal.  I'll stick 200 in if they build that.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 23:36:59 »

Apologies for only just catching-up on this...

I went on a 'pilgrimage' to the Franchi when on a trip to Florence in the summer of '93. A gate was open and I wandered in and sat in the main stand and had a butchers.

That's a great article. I never knew the Town connection.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 19:34:00 »

hopefully someone ITK can fill me in (probably shouldn't be in this thread but 'development related!): Swindon Town FC Community Foundation

Im a bit confused on its relationship with the club- obviously its all heavily branded on STFC. On the about section of their website it says:

“STFC Community Foundation is a crucial part of Swindon Town Football Club, with them portraying a positive and pro active image within the local area, offering opportunities for people to have a positive experience within the wide range of programmes on offer.”

-Lee Power, Swindon Town Football Club Chairman

Does the club help fund the foundation?
Are they independent and sustainable within their own right?

Having seen the almost finished 'Foundation Park' which looks brilliant i just wonder why the club couldn't use this and make it a massive hub for the club. If it is separate did the club have the option of contributing to share? Does the club get any benefit from the foundation or is just community benefit?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 19:44:40 »

Any help?

https://www.efltrust.com/
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 19:50:42 »

thanks. so from the looks of it is completely separate and is run by the EFL but use the club badge. bit of a shame that the club couldn't contribute/share such great facilities within a stones throw of the ground
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 08:26:13 »

thanks. so from the looks of it is completely separate and is run by the EFL but use the club badge. bit of a shame that the club couldn't contribute/share such great facilities within a stones throw of the ground
No, it's completely separate, but not run by the League. What is now the STFC Community Foundation used to be known as Football in the Community, it's always been Swindon's community football programme, it's pretty much always been run separately (as far as I can gather) and self-funded. It does have close ties to the club though, obviously, so can use the club branding, hold tournaments at the CG, run tours of the ground for local youth teams etc. You know those kids you see playing on the pitch at half-time? They're there as part of the Football in the Community programmes. They also run the Football Fans in Training programme which I know some on here have benefited from, deaf teams, disability teams etc. Over the last few years, they've also started running teams from (I think) U9s up which play against other Football League community teams and these teams play and train in STFC kits, usually from a season or so ago, or previous season's training kit etc. The other clubs' community schemes do the same. These operate as part of the pathway for youth development (with the Academy at the top) required by the EPPP, so there has been more involvement from the League because it supervises the community schemes in this regard, but it's not run by the League
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 08:28:25 by pauld » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 08:38:03 »

No, it's completely separate, but not run by the League. What is now the STFC Community Foundation used to be known as Football in the Community, it's always been Swindon's community football programme, it's pretty much always been run separately (as far as I can gather) and self-funded. It does have close ties to the club though, obviously, so can use the club branding, hold tournaments at the CG, run tours of the ground for local youth teams etc. You know those kids you see playing on the pitch at half-time? They're there as part of the Football in the Community programmes. They also run the Football Fans in Training programme which I know some on here have benefited from, deaf teams, disability teams etc. Over the last few years, they've also started running teams from (I think) U9s up which play against other Football League community teams and these teams play and train in STFC kits, usually from a season or so ago, or previous season's training kit etc. The other clubs' community schemes do the same. These operate as part of the pathway for youth development (with the Academy at the top) required by the EPPP, so there has been more involvement from the League because it supervises the community schemes in this regard, but it's not run by the League

There has been a fair bit about what I still call FiTC, down the years on here... and it has to be said that Jon Holloway in particular has done a sterling job.

Although FiTC is independent of the club, it's also true that it wouldn't exist in current form without the club.   Quite how its status might look if we went to the Conference, I don't know, maybe some period of grace or other.

FiTC will soon be losing its EU funding, assuming no deal Brexit, so will need to find something to plug that gap.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 08:55:55 »

Has there been any info released on who can buy the shares? i.e would I be able to buy shares in my son's names? I'd like them to be involved as well, this is important for the club.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 09:00:52 »

There has been a fair bit about what I still call FiTC, down the years on here... and it has to be said that Jon Holloway in particular has done a sterling job.
And a hat tip too to Clive Maguire who's just announced his retirement. And indeed Shane, who is tireless in his promotion of, and work for, football in Swindon.
Although FiTC is independent of the club, it's also true that it wouldn't exist in current form without the club.   Quite how its status might look if we went to the Conference, I don't know, maybe some period of grace or other.
I assume you mean that there may be some EFL funding in the mix somewhere? I'd guess so, and as you say, you'd assume there'd be a grace period if so, but it wouldn't fundamentally alter the purpose and existence of FitC.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 19:19:11 »

Has there been any info released on who can buy the shares? i.e would I be able to buy shares in my son's names? I'd like them to be involved as well, this is important for the club.

You will be able to buy a share for your son, however he won't be able to vote until he is 16
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 06:26:31 »

More progress. Contracts to be exchanged on purchase later this month.

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/17808637.swindon-town-supporters-39-trust-give-update-joint-purchase-county-ground-alongside-swindon-town/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 08:42:33 »

Good stuff. Very detailed technical article but looks like good progress being made. Very encouraging
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 16:25:28 »

What’s going on with this? All a bit quiet again isn’t it? Unless there was an update after August in a different thread

See the money guy behind Excalibur is stepping away from them in April following a buyout.

2+2=?

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: