Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382037 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 19:44:55 »

Fantastic news all round (there are some that will find a negation in this, as usual). The first real progress for Town in since ever really. Many have had ideas and got nowhere. A huge step for the club.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 20:25:57 »

Fantastic news all round (there are some that will find a negation in this, as usual). The first real progress for Town in since ever really. Many have had ideas and got nowhere. A huge step for the club.

Think you're getting a little over excited here. We're not 13th in Div 4 because SBC owned the freehold to the CG.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 21:01:59 »

Think you're getting a little over excited here. We're not 13th in Div 4 because SBC owned the freehold to the CG.

Put the fishing rods away Reg.

"Every man desires to live long, but no man wishes to be old."

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 21:21:31 »

Put the fishing rods away Reg.

This could turn out good or bad, in the mean time we need to be doing something on the pitch, to get us moving back up to our rightful  Div 3 perch.

It's pretty straightforward, if there was a shiny new TE in place for Saturday's game v Morecambe, would that make for an increased gate?  Would it make us more likely to win?  Ground improvement, has to go hand in hand with something on the pitch, which comes first the chicken or the egg?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 21:30:51 »

Would it make us more likely to win?  Ground improvement, has to go hand in hand with something on the pitch, which comes first the chicken or the egg?

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 22:04:50 »

This could turn out good or bad, in the mean time we need to be doing something on the pitch, to get us moving back up to our rightful  Div 3 perch.

It's pretty straightforward, if there was a shiny new TE in place for Saturday's game v Morecambe, would that make for an increased gate? 

Well tbh, according to you the season was over in August 2018 and we would be lucky if we pulled ourselves out of the impending doom that is the "Football League Relegation Trapdoor". We're all doomed ah tell thee! So why even bother now if the season is over. I thought you were a man of great ambition Reg! I mean a man doesn't get the title of "Sir" by being an absolute...

Missing the bigger picture. It's easy to rebuff a claim during a season. When nothing in terms of redevelopment has started. We've only just got the greenlight on ownership. Yet it is still a great achievement. One that has been spoken of many times. From men (and women) no longer with us.

I'm surprised you're as negative on this prospect as you are Reg!? You're a fan of the EU, a project which has taken years to develop and is still developing but you back that. Progress isn't always big flashy balls and shiny whistles..what's the story of a thousand miles again? Remind me?

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 23:09:37 »

Fantastic news all round (there are some that will find a negation in this, as usual).
And the favourite candidate to do so.....
... if the trains were as reliable as Reg, the country would be a much happier place
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 08:42:49 »

And the favourite candidate to do so..... ... if the trains were as reliable as Reg, the country would be a much happier place

I don't think it unreasonable to point out there could be downsides to this as well as upsides. 

Further I'd be surprised if I was the only one with misgivings about Power getting 50% of the CG given the mistakes he's made and tbf admitted to making on the playing side.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #983 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 08:49:34 »

Is every thread going to end up like this? Fucking hell

Anyway,one thing i really do hope the trust do is outline upfront what their plans are now. You can't expect people to part with their cash but not have a clear idea of what will then happen. I know alot of things are sensitive and can't be revealed as such but i am sure they can tell us a bit more now in regards to what they are looking to do.

I can't wait to be honest i think it's exciting times and honestly believe we will see Power leave once all signed and sealed. Not saying he is the monster most make him out to be but think it could be time to start afresh

Good news
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #984 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 09:19:57 »

Reg is providing BBC style balance. We're the 99% of scientists that agree and he's the anti-vaxxer.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 21:36:17 »

Reg is providing BBC style balance. We're the 99% of scientists that agree and he's the anti-vaxxer.

Don't be ridiculous, we all know vaccines aren't safe!  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 09:27:57 »

Morning all,

Dan Hunt from the Trust here... couple of pieces of content to make you aware of:

From today's Adver Sport, our Chairman Steve Mytton speaks - https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17519771.swindon-town-supporters-trust-chairman-steve-mytton-hails-the-approval-by-swindon-borough-council-of-their-joint-county-ground-purchase-alongside-swindon-town-as-a-milestone-moment/

Full Trust STFC AGM & 50th Anniversary Event Summary on the Trust website - http://truststfc.tv/trust-agm-summary-2019/

A lot of supporters have been keen to see the second article in particular, thanks for your patience while we pain-stakingly put this together - we really didn't want to skimp on the detail. Enjoy!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #987 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 09:49:11 »

Thanks for the update
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 09:58:21 »

Good stuff. I particularly liked the pic of Carol with her teddy then and now, also good to see the Squires' contribution and acknowledgement of Richard's work. It is the best statto fan site in football.

I've said before, the spirit of the club only now exists with such things and people like P lowman and the SAS travel volunteers.

Initially, my thoughts were that 100% Trust ownership of the CG, was more desirable..... but on reflection, I think trying to co-operate with Power, or whoever the owner might be has to be better than alienating them.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 22, 2019, 10:21:33 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 12:13:46 »

Reg, an epiphany moment?  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: