Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382023 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 15:34:42 »

as i said, not the RAF as i already asked:

@batch_2001 The vehicle for the purchase will be community shares, funds and backing needed now to reflect support. Details to follow soon.

That makes as little sense/is as vague as the 472 websites?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 15:36:00 »

Is the Trust a registered charity? If so, there are organisations set up specifically to fund charities. Some for sport, some for large projects, some for Swindon and Wiltshire and some for anything! I think Awards for All gives money for causes with little restriction on how it's spent (obviously in line with what you told them it would be!).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 15:41:30 »

tbf I don't think there's any suggestion money would be going to Jay's flags and streamers, that only came into the discussion as it was apparently plugged at the Trust meeting last week under the heading of "Other Town-related good causes you might like to give money to". But there does seem to be genuine confusion as to whether any money donated now would go to buying the CG or the "Roof on the Bank" project or both?

As I understand it, the Oxford display was part-funded by the Red Army Fund. That may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure the Trust report said as much...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 15:47:32 »

Is the Trust a registered charity? If so, there are organisations set up specifically to fund charities. Some for sport, some for large projects, some for Swindon and Wiltshire and some for anything! I think Awards for All gives money for causes with little restriction on how it's spent (obviously in line with what you told them it would be!).

Not a charity they are an IPS - Independent Provident Society if memory serves me correct
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 15:48:23 »

As I understand it, the Oxford display was part-funded by the Red Army Fund. That may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure the Trust report said as much...

Sounds to me as if they need to issue some clarifications - some of the guys must read this forum
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 15:51:07 »

Oxford banner was part funded by the Trust and Supporters' Club - http://greatwesternreds.com/blog/2017/our-derby-day-tifo

Not saying that's neccessarily wrong (it was a very decent banner in fairness) but it's clearly a concern that it's not totally clear where the money goes.

I have signed up for bronze membership by the way, just would increase my contribution a lot for the sole purpose of buying the CG.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 16:20:35 »

Not a charity they are an IPS - Independent Provident Society if memory serves me correct

Ok, that will probably narrow down options, but there are still organisations to apply to.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 16:29:24 »

I do not know the status of the Trust but if there is to be a serious attempt to buy the CG by the Trust there will be significant legal and other fees to be incurred just to attempt this.

The question as to what happens to monies oversubscribed (or more likely undersubscribed ) is highly technical and can put the trustees in a nightmare situation of having to refund people who have died, gone away etc and the Trust will wish to avoid this risk from the start, including perhaps a review of its very own constitution - or the vehicle to be adopted for the CG acquisition.  In practice, I would doubt that casual public subscribers and non-members of the Trust would be refunded anything.

There is a failed crowd funding project for a certain D. Bowie to build a "Ziggy" memorial in Brixton which needed GBP 900,000 and reached only GBP 50,000 in the 4 weeks allowed.  Lambeth BC would have permitted the memorial.  I think the trustees are planning seeing what they can do for GBP 50,000 - but perhaps not what the donors bought into and the terms of the Trust and any Public Appeal will be pertinent.

Anyway I'm sure the famous Swindon Town wouldn't struggle like this D. Bowie person's fans and the "Ziggy" thingummy.

We plebs will probably have to be prepared to risk donations just on legals and other admin which would be non- refundable, naturally.

Then there is the Hunt v McLaren case of 2006 which dealt with exactly who owned the surplus funds when Horley Town Football Club (a stone's throw away from the irreproachable Crawley Town), sold land it had been gifted in trust in order to buy replacement land and build better facilities.  It turned out that only full members rather than associate members benefited financially.  Anyone contributing more than a match ticket or two is likely to want to have answers to the CG future windfall surplus allocation question.

The Trust really would have to up its game fifty fold in my view with legal, financial and accounting advice as well as PR and marketing.

I cannot recall the Eady Will Trust financial situation but that would be about the only outside body in whom I would have much confidence to contribute fairly.  Can serious funds be raised however without playing with sharks? 

If people didn't buy season tickets and instead invested in the Trust and went to a few ad hoc games instead that would raise the million!

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #158 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 18:17:14 »

I listened to the latest podcast and Steve Mytton gave a bit more clarity.

The Red Army Fund is about showing the council the Trust are serious through regular contributions and has the backing of the supporters demonstrating political will.

There is more to come on the funding which will include the community shares. They also have backing of wealthy individuals to show they are serious.

Steve mentioned the need to involve professionals in their bid and it would cost money.

One thought I had does the Trust need to achieve a 100% ownership. Would a 50/50 share with the council work so the Trust's share of the rent is ploughed back into the ground and facilities?

A lot of work to be done to get over inertia from our supporters who don't worry about these aspects and are more concerned with performances on the pitch (and the burgers)

Sent from my HTC One M9
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 19:54:55 »

with ownership comes responsibilities - I wonder what they are?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 20:51:04 »

Sounds to me as if they need to issue some clarifications - some of the guys must read this forum

And no doubt take account of the 20 or so loud voices that dominate it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 21:27:34 »

And no doubt take account of the 20 or so loud voices that dominate it.

😱 Heresy
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 22:37:29 »

Now call me naive..... I have a level of intelligence but here goes...

Just an example, feel free to shoot me down if you like. If people seriously don't feel putting their trust in the Trust to mount a successful CG bid, why not think outside the box and set up an independent community based consortium of fans and actually put yourself in the frame to purchase the CG? We can go all day about viability but if people really feel the Trust aren't up to it/don't have the clarity the want and are worried about sharks taking control, then surely the next best thing is to mount your own bid as an independent consortium?

I understand this is EXACTLY what the Trust are kind of about but if people are disillusioned/confused about the Trusts true direction then my suggestion is; done properly and the right way, surely there are Town fans with resources/contacts/cashflow that could do probably what we've wanted for some time now.

I await (like in my other posts) to either be ignored or verbally shot down in an array of beration and disdain...so bring it on.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 02:04:33 »

Now call me naive..... I have a level of intelligence but here goes...

Just an example, feel free to shoot me down if you like. If people seriously don't feel putting their trust in the Trust to mount a successful CG bid, why not think outside the box and set up an independent community based consortium of fans and actually put yourself in the frame to purchase the CG? We can go all day about viability but if people really feel the Trust aren't up to it/don't have the clarity the want and are worried about sharks taking control, then surely the next best thing is to mount your own bid as an independent consortium?

I understand this is EXACTLY what the Trust are kind of about but if people are disillusioned/confused about the Trusts true direction then my suggestion is; done properly and the right way, surely there are Town fans with resources/contacts/cashflow that could do probably what we've wanted for some time now.

I await (like in my other posts) to either be ignored or verbally shot down in an array of beration and disdain...so bring it on.

There's nothing to stop you. We live in an age of individualism... the TE was built by fan's contributions, the Trust's efforts to put a roof on the Bank, shows that it is not now possible for such collectivism. It's a shame but it's where we are.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 06:35:58 »

The head of the trust answered a question on that Facebook page about the clarity of aims on their website which suggests the ground is the sole focus moving forward

Fair point Rob. Just so you know, I'll be updating the Red Army Fund website this weekend and relaunching to make it very clear that our sole priority is the County Ground. We might do the odd thing here and there, but the absolute focus is on raising awareness and gaining Red Army Fund members to show the council and general public that Swindon Town fans are serious about this proposal. The actual purchase will come from a later community share offer, but we need funds to run a professional campaign and we also need to show council leaders that Town fans are prepared to put their money where their mouth is.[/]

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: