Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382368 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 11:39:24 »

The Trust should market mugs with the SY avatar of Squires' work on it. Could be a winner.
It would have to be sold as a "Fackin Mug". I'd buy one. Although clearly they should actually be sold in twos, so there's a spare for when you throw one across the kitchen in homage to Tim's inspiring half-time team talks.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 11:44:56 »

It would have to be sold as a "Fackin Mug". I'd buy one. Although clearly they should actually be sold in twos, so there's a spare for when you throw one across the kitchen in homage to Tim's inspiring half-time team talks.

You could get the full STFC afternoon tea set - four facking mugs and a "we go again" cake stand (collapsable, obviously. Not always at the desired time)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 11:53:11 »

That deserves a "You're Alright" Nemo. Very good
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 12:15:38 »

Signed up to what, membership to the trust?
Yep, silver membership. We need as many people as possible to sign up and help. The more members the trust has, the bigger the voice and the more power it has.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 12:29:01 »

In order to be acceptable for the Conference, the capacity would need to be brought up to about 4,500 minimum. The DRS which will need to come down for any development could be re-cycled or perhaps a bit of Nene Park might be more suitable.

Nene Park is already being demolished (see below); there won't be anything left soon.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/argyle-memories-of-playing-at-the-demolished-nene-park/story-30173156-detail/story.html
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 12:39:06 »

Yep, silver membership. We need as many people as possible to sign up and help. The more members the trust has, the bigger the voice and the more power it has.

I'm holding off until I understand what money goes where
(yes I have contacted them).
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 12:42:24 »

Is the money being raised towards the purchasing of the CG being ring fenced so it cannot be used on anything else (like it was when TrustSTFC used the RAF for player wages) ?

If the Trust do not managed to buy the CG what will happen to the money that was raised ?

Is there a total the Trust want to raise over how longer period, and if they do not get there, what happens, will they be willing to go into 'partnership' and perhaps form a consortium to own the CG with some wealthy individuals who are trust sympathizers.

Can fan's 'pledge' substantial donations (thinking over 3 figures) to be put in if x amount is raised

Sorry, I expected after their initial launch for this to be splashed everywhere, these are the sort of questions I'd expect to be put somewhere in the public domain with answer next to them so people can go direct to a particular site maybe and get these sort of answers (apologies if they have been answered and I've not seen it).

Maybe they have not worked everyone out yet, I'm hoping they have and just not had time to get all the info out there fully as this needs to be a success.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 12:59:31 »

I'm holding off until I understand what money goes where
(yes I have contacted them).

To be honest I have just go for the £1 a month option for now until some answers are provided.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 13:18:04 »

yeah, that a reasonable no-risk option Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 13:19:42 »

Is the money being raised towards the purchasing of the CG being ring fenced so it cannot be used on anything else (like it was when TrustSTFC used the RAF for player wages) ?

If the Trust do not managed to buy the CG what will happen to the money that was raised ?

Is there a total the Trust want to raise over how longer period, and if they do not get there, what happens, will they be willing to go into 'partnership' and perhaps form a consortium to own the CG with some wealthy individuals who are trust sympathizers.

Can fan's 'pledge' substantial donations (thinking over 3 figures) to be put in if x amount is raised

Sorry, I expected after their initial launch for this to be splashed everywhere, these are the sort of questions I'd expect to be put somewhere in the public domain with answer next to them so people can go direct to a particular site maybe and get these sort of answers (apologies if they have been answered and I've not seen it).

Maybe they have not worked everyone out yet, I'm hoping they have and just not had time to get all the info out there fully as this needs to be a success.

This is largely where I am. If i donate I only want it going towards the ground project, I've no interest in donating to Jaybox's flags and streamers. And it'll surely have to be done on a pledge basis or ring fenced with a legal guarentee to return peoples money if it doesn't go ahead....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 14:00:20 »

And that concept is totally possible - Bath City used it for their bid for the club, where pledges were made on line and were not debited until it was successful (or not)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 14:31:10 »

This is largely where I am. If i donate I only want it going towards the ground project, I've no interest in donating to Jaybox's flags and streamers.
tbf I don't think there's any suggestion money would be going to Jay's flags and streamers, that only came into the discussion as it was apparently plugged at the Trust meeting last week under the heading of "Other Town-related good causes you might like to give money to". But there does seem to be genuine confusion as to whether any money donated now would go to buying the CG or the "Roof on the Bank" project or both?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 14:32:06 »

And that concept is totally possible - Bath City used it for their bid for the club, where pledges were made on line and were not debited until it was successful (or not)

Doesn't most crowdfunding operate on that basis anyway, if you use one of the many sites that facilitate such a process?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #148 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 14:38:41 »

This is largely where I am. If i donate I only want it going towards the ground project, I've no interest in donating to Jaybox's flags and streamers. And it'll surely have to be done on a pledge basis or ring fenced with a legal guarentee to return peoples money if it doesn't go ahead....

Agreed. Give us a targetted fund to donate to, and I'm in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 15:11:21 »

as i said, not the RAF as i already asked:

@batch_2001 The vehicle for the purchase will be community shares, funds and backing needed now to reflect support. Details to follow soon.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: