Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382025 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 09:00:38 »

I do feel that the Trust kind of need to start a fresh here.

The whole thing kind of seems all over the place to me at the moment.  When you click on the links it takes you to pages to either build a roof  or clean up the stratton bank etc. This should be a clear vision of what is needed no confusion.

On a separate note was a bit miffed when at the meeting last week how when someone suggested these meetings could be held at the CG hotel after a game they turned their noses up at this.

I know it was a while back but the Trust gained alot of new numbers back in the orange hat days by holding these meetings at places like the CG and the Moonies
Dean you are right, I went to a couple of Trust meetings and although the people running it come over as well educated and looking for the best I came away with the feeling that they looked down on the ordinary Joe on the street!  Just my opinion on how it came across to me!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 13:37:15 »

Seems like a lot of people have found reasons not to sign up to the Trust, which is a shame. A club our size should have a lot more than a couple of hundred paying members. As the Trust has said, Grimsby managed to raise £400k from supporters. I think we're pretty lucky to have such an engaged and proactive Trust. We're not going anywhere if apathy is what defines our fanbase.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:09:21 »

Seems like a lot of people have found reasons not to sign up to the Trust, which is a shame. A club our size should have a lot more than a couple of hundred paying members. As the Trust has said, Grimsby managed to raise £400k from supporters. I think we're pretty lucky to have such an engaged and proactive Trust. We're not going anywhere if apathy is what defines our fanbase.
Not sure you can blame the fans.It isn't apathy it's not knowing what is going on.An example is this, i was at the last meeting and in the space of 2 hours we discussed donating to the following

Red Army Fund
JayBoxes flags and banners
The Supporters Club

What i am saying is come out with a plan. Tell us what the money is for 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:20:26 »

Not sure you can blame the fans.It isn't apathy it's not knowing what is going on.An example is this, i was at the last meeting and in the space of 2 hours we discussed donating to the following

Red Army Fund
The Supporters Club

Sounds like a lack of focus. Agree with whoever it was who said if the Trust are serious about the ground buyout, they should just focus on that.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:30:20 »

Red Army Fund
The Supporters Club

Doesn't sound too unclear to me. These are three different organisations. Fund who you like. The Trust is happy to promote the others, but they also produced a very clear manifesto in the AGM pack - did you read that?

I think withholding any investment until they've met everyone's very high standards just seems like a clever way of expressing apathy. Pay up, speak up and/or get involved if you don't like what they're doing. I think they're getting better and better.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:32:51 »

Doesn't sound too unclear to me. These are three different organisations. Fund who you like. The Trust is happy to promote the others, but they also produced a very clear manifesto in the AGM pack - did you read that?

I think withholding any investment until they've met everyone's very high standards just seems like a clever way of expressing apathy. Pay up, speak up and/or get involved if you don't like what they're doing. I think they're getting better and better.
Ok simple question. I pay £20 right now into the red army fund, what is it going towards?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:39:15 »

Ok simple question. I pay £20 right now into the red army fund, what is it going towards?

Exactly my point from earlier. I had to tweet Trust/Steve M to find out if this was what would now be used towards the ground purchase  - it isn't.

As far as I can see it still goes towards the Stratton Bank and other non-descript improvements. I don't want to contribute to a Stratton Bank roof. I think its pointless. That doesn't mean I am not in on the ground purchase.

I've not (re)joined the trust because I couldn't find the page that told me the membership options and costs. I think its hidden behind the free associate member signup.

In fact, the ground purchase info isn't obvious at all -even as a "watch this space", so any goodwill of the soft launch is going to be lost if not addressed soon.
=============
Its criticism, but not of the nasty kind. Just pointing it out so it can be worked on. The Trust must monitor social media and report back on things?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:43:20 »

The Trust have set themselves a hugely ambitious target (and it's a really good one and I hope everyone gets behind it). They need to do all they can to engage as many people as possible. If a lack of clarity around their aims is a stumbling block for some who would otherwise be genuinely well disposed towards this venture, they need to work out how to remove those impediments. DRS isn't apathetic, and he's not one to make excuses for the sake of it and he's not the only one to comment on a lack of clarity - the 3 different websites doesn't help for a start.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:47:43 »

I would happily join and part ways with money for the CG, good money too, but all I can see from the RAF site is to build the bank roof.

Come on Trust fellas!! We want to help!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 14:50:23 »

The last couple of pages alone of thjs thread are enough to convince me that the trust shouldn't be allowed to own the county ground.
That's without going into the ridiculously low price for the site that would be cheating the non football fans of the town.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 15:27:14 »

The last couple of pages alone of thjs thread are enough to convince me that the trust shouldn't be allowed to own the county ground.
Because two or three people aren't clear about the initial stages of the launch? Bit sweeping?

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 16:10:59 »

Because two or three people aren't clear about the initial stages of the launch? Bit sweeping?

It's not just that though is it?
If it was then yes it would be a " Bit sweeping"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 16:41:05 »

It's not just that though is it?
If it was then yes it would be a " Bit sweeping"
I dunno, you were the one that thought that something in the past couple of pages was so damning that the Trust should not be allowed to buy the CG. All I could see over the past couple of pages was some (quite reasonable) complaints about a lack of clarity in the initial launch. What is it then that the Trust have done that is so wrong?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 16:51:51 »

I mentioned about a singular focus.

I think the pack handed out was a glowing example of the problem they'll face - a lot of good stuff, rambled on a bit with opinion (which most would agree with) but the thrust of the CG gets lost in that.

If this was the launch of an initiative for the CG, then I would say they NEED to take a decisions swiftly to pause everything else.  For no other reason than trying to spin that many plates will create very real delays with this significant and worthy effort.  Arriba could be right - if they try and do everything, eventually they'll lose focus on the CG and tricky obstacles will be magnified (because they will happen).  Anything that shows people on the fence that they can't handle the wider "manifesto" will be reason enough that it shouldn't be them taking on this great cause.

That means pushing some worthy causes to the back for a while, but it must be done.  Pretty significant business people with their main focus directed on a ground purchase and following development have failed miserably.  How a volunteer group can hope to improve on that without dedicating all their free time to this would be beyond me.  You'd have to be a crazy egomaniac to think you could do it all without dropping some plates.

The Trust could probably do with two websites in total, one for their general well being and one for the CG purchase.  The former should, for now, push heavily towards the latter as well.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 16:54:03 by RobertT » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 16:58:03 »

Think you're spot on there Rob
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: