Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382140 times)
woolster

« Reply #75 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 15:39:09 »

Horlock, you are assuming the Trust would seek to keep the contract the same. They could for example reduce the rent and not look for much ROI. Depends who end up funding it I suppose

(apologies if they said this was the case in the info)
if Power wants to soil OUR (i'm gonna invest) pitch with his toilet set up he can ruddy well pay double the rent Smiley
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 16:08:18 »

The terms of any SBC deal will be critical to the value.

A brief period of SBC vulnerability may be presenting an opportunity.

I fear that STFC (read Power at present) could blackmail the Trust into reducing / foresaking rent by threatening to liquidate the club (and thereby securing the club owners' own profits or debts).  Nevertheless the Club would be unlikely to have a Ground meeting League standards (if we remain in the League) available elsewhere so would have some sort of commercial tie to the CG.

Nevertheless it would put the Trust in the picture as long as STFC was based at the CG.  It would prevent either the Club's owners or a new Third party being able to mess STFC about.  It may even allow a share of a future planning gain (if related to a ground move)  to be rolled over.  My suspicion is that any future "buyback" by SBC would involve it retaining a hefty planning gain for itself ("overage") but would that be 100% of a planning gain and what other terms would apply such as an option for SBC to re-purchase.  One million might either be cheap or expensive depending on terms.

The Goddard Estate may in theory be capable of releasing the covenant affecting the CG if there were an opportunity to share in a planning gain but others are far more knowledgeable on those arrangements.  Any potential gain vesting in the Trust would on the face of it be very re-assuring.

Are the more detailed proposed terms of any SBC/Trust deal out there?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 23:42:02 »

I'll be honest, I've not read all the posts on this thread, some but not all.

I see the CG, ownership thereof and it's future development in a similar vein as the mechanics institute. It is and always will be a white elephant. The council own it but cannot afford to or want to spend money on it. The football club operate from it but like a house tenant, council or private, makes no difference, maintain its upkeep to keep the owners off their backs.

No one in their right mind would pump a penny into it without full ownership and having carte blanch to do what they wish, within planning laws & regs of course. Then there is the sporting covenant to muddy the waters.

If there was an individual or company with enough money to buy from the council the CG, car park, cricket club and sports field behind the bank, develop the whole site to include the football stadium and other things to make the site viable 24/7- 365 then the future would look decidedly rosey. Then you wake up and find out we're in the fourth division.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 21:33:03 »

Summer of 69. When is the media push with regards to this going to begin? Has there been much interest in terms of fan investment yet? Has the crowdfunding website been launched or is due to be?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 22:37:08 »

i asked earlier:

@batch_2001 The vehicle for the purchase will be community shares, funds and backing needed now to reflect support. Details to follow soon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 23:32:23 »

Summer of 69. When is the media push with regards to this going to begin?
TBF, they've had huge chunks of the Adver for two days last week, and it's been all over social media and BBC. Think the media push has already begun.

As horlock pointed out though, it might also help if the Trust could work out which of the 3 truststfc websites we're supposed to look at - .com, .co.uk, .tv all currently have different content, some more current than others. At least get the old ones to redirect to the current one?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 06:37:23 »

As horlock pointed out though, it might also help if the Trust could work out which of the 3 truststfc websites we're supposed to look at - .com, .co.uk, .tv all currently have different content, some more current than others. At least get the old ones to redirect to the current one?

Which is literally a two minute job for each domain.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 07:01:45 »

Do we still have the Loud and Proud Lovelies on the website?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 07:53:48 »

to be honest the trust website is a bit confusing. dipped in earlier (using mobile)  and find it a bit hard to a) find all the membership package options and b) work out which funding money goes where..e.g. assumed RAF would be used for ground purchase but it isn't and I've no interest in contributing to a stratton bank roof.

i get that people have jobs and it's not easy to spend time on it, just a bit of feedback.
REDBUCK

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 08:30:18 »

So have you sent the critical feed back to the trust?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 08:58:34 »

For anyone else who is interested, the.tv website has two clear links at the top of the home page which direct you to details of the Red Army Fund and the projects (in addition to the Stratton Bank Roof) that contributions currently go towards. 

I would include a screenshot but I don't know how to upload one here.   Embarrassed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 09:11:16 »

Quote from: REDBUCK
So have you sent the critical feed back to the trust?
not yet, will do later from home
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 09:24:43 »

TBF, they've had huge chunks of the Adver for two days last week, and it's been all over social media and BBC. Think the media push has already begun.

I live in Wales so don't read the Adver & I'm not on FB/Twitter so rely on this site more than anything these days. Just thought this thread was strangely quiet. Was expecting daily dialogue on here to be honest. A running total would be nice as time progresses so we can see how much has been raised & perhaps gauge how realistic a process this whole thing is.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 09:53:03 »

I live in Wales so don't read the Adver & I'm not on FB/Twitter so rely on this site more than anything these days. Just thought this thread was strangely quiet.
So it's not so much a media campaign as a TEF-specific hype campaign you were looking for? Smiley
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 09:56:25 »

So it's not so much a media campaign as a TEF-specific hype campaign you were looking for? Smiley

Shouldn't that be a Taff specific hype campaign?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: