Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382104 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 15:15:22 »

This is exactly the sort of thing the Trust should be looking to do, stage one of a long term plan to secure the club.  With the possible yield on investment I would have a guess that funding would not be an issue here, at least externally that is.  The key will be to ensure a balance between loaning capital and obtaining member investments as well.

Given the Trust does not need to make a profit themselves, they can clearly divert efforts into developing the property and supporting the leaseholder as needed, so I think this actually does benefit the club longer term.  Given the trend in recent years it has confused me as to why nobody has sought to purchase the ground, the Council would sell their own office chairs right now.

PaulD - might need to go dust off that 2007 proposal :-)  Ad the Oasis is still looking unlikely to ever get developed................

There's your elephant in the room.  SBC are minded to cash in on this asset, but must give the community first dibs before flogging to a developer.

This begs the question....does the fan base have sufficient fight to keep whatever remains of the club at the CG.  My own gut feeling is no it doesn't.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 15:27:03 »

There's your elephant in the room.  SBC are minded to cash in on this asset, but must give the community first dibs before flogging to a developer.

This begs the question....does the fan base have sufficient fight to keep whatever remains of the club at the CG.  My own gut feeling is no it doesn't.

Probably not, but I guess that would be our own fault. These things are not a spectator sport

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 15:40:49 »

This begs the question....does the fan base have sufficient fight to keep whatever remains of the club at the CG.  My own gut feeling is no it doesn't.
Which presupposes that someone's looking to move it? Of which there is precisely no indication whatever is there?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 15:51:59 »

Which presupposes that someone's looking to move it? Of which there is precisely no indication whatever is there?

SBC are getting rid of the assets owned in a sense by the people of Swindon. Selling the family silver.

Now if as appears to be the case the decision to sell the CG has been taken, if the Trust doesn't buy it sharks will. Then the club is fucked, it's as straightforward as that. At least we have an option, which has not been the case at a number of clubs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 16:03:58 »

SBC are getting rid of the assets owned in a sense by the people of Swindon. Selling the family silver.

Now if as appears to be the case the decision to sell the CG has been taken, if the Trust doesn't buy it sharks will. Then the club is fucked, it's as straightforward as that. At least we have an option, which has not been the case at a number of clubs.
Completely agree with all that. The Trust has to buy it, or we are wide open to asset strippers of a kind that will make Jed look benign
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 18:15:11 »

Completely agree with all that. The Trust has to buy it, or we are wide open to asset strippers of a kind that will make Jed look benign
Which was precisely my point earlier, if the Trust doesn't 'step up' then I can't help but feel we could be in all kinds of trouble.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 18:55:14 »

Rogers on current squad: "I think we all hope we're going to stay up but we know we're not going to"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 19:12:10 »

Rogers on current squad: "I think we all hope we're going to stay up but we know we're not going to"

Don, in case anyone else did the same as me and presumed Anton had bizarrely shown up to the Trust AGM.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 19:41:25 »

Not sure I understand this "spend £1.1m then rent out for £200k and make 18%"

Is this assuming that Power will pay £200k plus all the running costs, council tax, insurance, stewarding, policing, maintenance etc.? 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 19:47:27 »

Well, he does now. A change of landlord makes no difference.
FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 22:30:19 »

Well, he does now. A change of landlord makes no difference.

Danger would be that Power plays the Trust off against the fans. e.g. I'm not buying players because the Trust won't reduce their rent. Potential conflicts need to be considered carefully.

I also wouldn't trust him not to screw us over in the future on training ground rent in return...something he'll probably do anyway for years to come, long after he's gone.

« Last Edit: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 22:32:52 by FrigbyDaser » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 06:42:55 »

Looking at the tweets from last night, I would say the trust don't trust Power and reckon this whole saga could get messy.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 17, 2017, 06:47:39 by Sippo » Logged

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 07:52:01 »

I found the tweets a bit hard to get the gist of tone wise.

It seemed to me the Trust were saying give Power the chance to sort things out. Here is what we, the fan backed trust, would like to happen... (e.g. transparency on accounts, etc).

In the meantime here is what we'd like to do regardless....(atmosphere, CG ground purchase, etc).
---
Anyone go care to comment?

At first I thought there was going to be a bit more of an aggressive stance taken. But given the lack of information out the club I guess it would have been a foolish opening stance really, why knacker any potential future relationship before its had a chance.

Ball is in Power's court and I suspect a lack of engagement will follow.
-----
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 07:58:36 »

We will see what unfolds.

If Power is the bad man in all of this, then surely he would also make a bid for the CG? That is a very valuable source of income.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 08:15:51 »

Don, in case anyone else did the same as me and presumed Anton had bizarrely shown up to the Trust AGM.
That'd be Rodgers

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: