Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 387863 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 19:23:36 »

I can see a habitable Bank gives scope to accommodate the Town End redevelopment.

Ideally we'd do what Rob said, but isn't the plan to lob a hotel or something into the town end redevelopment. Hence that gets done properly first.

we could probably accommodate the TE in the side stands though there are price problems, and reduced surplus for match day sales

My thought process is that the Town End development is the big one, requires a substantial amount of planning, investment (financing) and construction effort.  That may take three years or so just for the first demolition crews to show up.

I'd like to see the Bank demolished right now - with the Corporate stuff being a way to pay that back quickly.  Then build something like the DR stand, which took all of 3 months to build.

That ensures we hit the requirements of the sale and ensures we retain current capacity for the two or so years the Town End would be a building site.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 19:40:47 »

Do we have planning permission for the new stand on the Stratton bank🤔

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 20:03:25 »

I suspect its reaching the stage that a decision needs to be made whether its worth spending a penny on the bank vs what it brings in with its very limited use, unless we get decent cup draws I don't see the point.

If we're serious about developing the rest of the ground then The Bank needs doing as it'll be in constant use.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 08:14:43 »

If we're serious about developing the rest of the ground then The Bank needs doing as it'll be in constant use.

To clarify I wasn't talking about developing it, I was talking about spending cash on it this summer to get it a safety certificate if we are only going to uses it a couple of times (if that) next season!

As for its development I would just dust off the plans that were previously approved and get consent for that (assuming its still policy compliant), its never going to be anything special with such a constrained footprint.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 17, 2023, 09:22:51 by horlock07 » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 08:19:05 »

Its not a surprise that people voted for the stratton bank work first but personally it doesn't make the most sense.

The first thing they need to be doing should be something that generates revenue. Sure the bank gives us some capacity (how often do we need that?) and long term makes sense to have in place prior to town end work. However short term the corporate boxes in the DRS has to be the play, if they think they can sell them. Its the biggest short term revenue generating area.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 09:18:55 »

They should do the bank and stick all away fans in there. The North stand split could then be removed and seats put back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 09:24:20 »

To clarify I wasn't talking about developing it, I was talking about spending cash on it this summer to get it a safety certificate if we are only going to uses it a couple of times (if that) next season!

As for its development I would just dust off the plans that were previously approved and get consent for that, its never going to be anything special with such a constrained footprint.

Ah yeah, probably pointless polishing the turd at this stage if its being knocked anytime within the next 18 months or so. Just got to hope we don't get another Man City type fixture or we'll be kicking ourselves.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 09:26:32 »

Its not a surprise that people voted for the stratton bank work first but personally it doesn't make the most sense.

The first thing they need to be doing should be something that generates revenue. Sure the bank gives us some capacity (how often do we need that?) and long term makes sense to have in place prior to town end work. However short term the corporate boxes in the DRS has to be the play, if they think they can sell them. Its the biggest short term revenue generating area.

If you can get the executive box work done within a summer, then you absolutely do this first. The capacity decrease shouldn't be too dramatic after completing the works. Should still be able to fit average crowd in the three stands without Stratton Bank after seats taken out for the boxes.

If you need to close the Don Rogers Stand for any portion of a season though, then you kind of have to get the bank sorted first.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 09:49:52 »

I think one reason getting the bank done first is that it allows you to close any of the other stands without impacting capacity too much, as has been pointed out the bank is only going to be used a couple of times at most this season.

You can either use it for away fans only to allow the Arkells to be used for home fans only, or it can temporarily replace the Town End when that is being redeveloped
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 10:19:38 »

It will take a long time to get anything meaningful rolling even if the intent was there to start right away...

Making good on the ground as it is - improving the PA and CCTV, sorting the Stratton Bank, even if it's tidied, patched up with second hand seats, Portakabins etc - let's give ourselves the opportunity of utilising the asset as it is for the immediate future.

'Fanzones' don't need to be overthought - even just inviting some different guest food vans...

The worst option would be to let our current facilities stagnate or go to ruin because 'we're going to be working on that soon'. This is how clubs get three sided grounds.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1345 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 10:22:21 »

I think one reason getting the bank done first is that it allows you to close any of the other stands without impacting capacity too much, as has been pointed out the bank is only going to be used a couple of times at most this season.

You can either use it for away fans only to allow the Arkells to be used for home fans only, or it can temporarily replace the Town End when that is being redeveloped

Also, means we are more likely to be able to ensure that work is done within 3 years (I think that was the timescale) which means the council is unable to buy the ground back.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 10:29:44 »

Also, means we are more likely to be able to ensure that work is done within 3 years (I think that was the timescale) which means the council is unable to buy the ground back.

Let's be honest, they could padlock the gates and shut up shop like Power and SBC wouldn't buy it back.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 10:35:53 »

SBC couldnt afford to buy it back anyway
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 12:31:11 »

This should be here !!!

I cant understand the difficulties with STFC.

Have a 9k home attendance base... Sponsorship deals far more than in previous years.

Still can't show any feel good PR.

Clem Morfuni was singing and dancing with all the bells and whistles when he wanted to sell his story.

Since he has got what he wants (purchased the club and 50% of the ground) he seems to have been very quiet.

Horrible thing is.... he has basically got control over the CG as well. If his football club default on any rent / lease payments how are the Supporters club going to fund the on going payments. 

50% JV's are great whilst all parties are on the same page. However things change and normally it ends with disappointment and tears.

Just hope the lawyers have got some excellent clauses that will eliminate my concerns moving forward.   

Clem Morfuni has got another million pounds out of the Swindon economy and it will secure the revenue stream for his football club even more.   
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: Monday, July 17, 2023, 12:35:34 »

This should be here !!!

I cant understand the difficulties with STFC.

Have a 9k home attendance base... Sponsorship deals far more than in previous years.

Still can't show any feel good PR.

Clem Morfuni was singing and dancing with all the bells and whistles when he wanted to sell his story.

Since he has got what he wants (purchased the club and 50% of the ground) he seems to have been very quiet.

Horrible thing is.... he has basically got control over the CG as well. If his football club default on any rent / lease payments how are the Supporters club going to fund the on going payments. 

50% JV's are great whilst all parties are on the same page. However things change and normally it ends with disappointment and tears.

Just hope the lawyers have got some excellent clauses that will eliminate my concerns moving forward.   

Clem Morfuni has got another million pounds out of the Swindon economy and it will secure the revenue stream for his football club even more.   

Any luck with a getting a lift to Colchester?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: