Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 388122 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 13:12:41 »

Asking or being offered?

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #1321 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 13:17:28 »

Did we ask or the seats or through construction links were we offered them. This is what i was on about yesterday when i said to Chalky about rumours for the sake of it. 
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 13:35:10 »

Unless I rock up to the first home game and there’s a Liver bird on the Stratton bank who gives a fuck if they were free

I’m sure that when the yellow/green hodge podge we’re replaced in the arkells fifteen years ago they were second hand as well

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 13:44:10 »

Did we ask or the seats or through construction links were we offered them. This is what i was on about yesterday when i said to Chalky about rumours for the sake of it. 

Even if we asked for them….
We’ve only asked for them because we knew Liverpool have loads they are getting rid of…

If we’d spent any amount of money on new seats for the Bank people would have been moaning about them being a ‘waste of money’

Getting seats that might be used twice a year for free seems good business sense to me, as long as Liverpool don’t have a sell on clause when we try and flog ‘em.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 13:45:25 »

Plus, they probably become one of, if not THE most successful ‘thing’ to ever be present at the CG.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 13:47:16 »

Moaning about free seats is the sort of pointless fucking thing that allows happy clappers to dismiss genuine things that need to be moaned about. Its like the divy that moaned in the advisory notes about Jody Morris calling fans punters.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1326 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 14:04:16 »

Isn't recycling the in thing at the moment, better they are used somewhere than end up at landfill.  I bet nobody was moaning when we bought the stand from Aldershot back in the day (i think that is what happened)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 14:12:02 »

Old Army barracks and served us well.
I think it's only the one poster that it bothers that the seats aren't brand new😀
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 14:14:29 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 15:01:08 »

How do we know they are free and from Liverpool?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 15:05:41 »

Can someone confirm we have the seats and they are bolted down? Worried that the seats might choose FGR at the last minute.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 15:09:53 »

I think Cowley is your man for the finer details😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1331 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 15:15:00 »

Can someone confirm we have the seats and they are bolted down? Worried that the seats might choose FGR at the last minute.
If they have come from Liverpool then they will be quite used to being bolted down hard so not to be nicked.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 18:48:57 »

Is the SB basically condemned now? I would have thought 90% of teams in league 2 wouldn't need it, but maybe a handful of teams if they are having a great season may look for extra tickets.
I suspect its reaching the stage that a decision needs to be made whether its worth spending a penny on the bank vs what it brings in with its very limited use, unless we get decent cup draws I don't see the point.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 19:12:31 »

This is where I'd like to see something concrete happening, pardon the pun.

I'd look at ripping down the Bank and levelling the ground - then, pending a larger decision on a new structure (something basic that can take the Town End crowd while that end is developed), pop some temporary Corporate facilities in there.  Minimal investment, nothing long term, but provides short term revenue options.  I imagine the only other work that would be needed is a re-org of some seating in the Arkells to give away fans the option of hitting the 10% mark required for some matches.

Not exactly this (just quickly googled): https://washingtonspirit.com/premium-seating/

A sort of nicer version of what Luton have down one side.  Good for a couple of years while a full development plan is put in place (the contract of sale requires something within 3 years to replace the Bank or equivalent work elsewhere).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 19:19:25 »

I can see a habitable Bank gives scope to accommodate the Town End redevelopment.

Ideally we'd do what Rob said, but isn't the plan to lob a hotel or something into the town end redevelopment. Hence that gets done properly first.

we could probably accommodate the TE in the side stands though there are price problems, and reduced surplus for match day sales
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: