Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afc Rochdale v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 62628 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:52:57 »

I just saw the goals on SSN. The first three all came from crosses into the box that nobody dealt with at all.

And Norris just scored a hattrick for me on FM17.

What a world we live in eh
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:57:00 »

Just came on to post the same thing. Terrible defending.

I will be truely amazed if this team stays up.
Can't defend and can't score, recipe for relegation.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:58:51 »

Its all down to shit recruitment and a piss poor budget really. We got lucky last season with Ajose's goals but this time we dont have the firepower to keep us up.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 21:06:23 »

I'm waiting for wobbybob to say he's seen them on the motorway hard shoulder. Then that he's thrown a bottle of green piss at them. That's knee jerk Wink
Grin

Decent day out apart from the football.
Performance today was worse than Scunthorpe.

As it stands can't see how things can be turned around.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 21:06:24 »

Just came on to post the same thing. Terrible defending.

I will be truely amazed if this team stays up.
Can't defend and can't score, recipe for relegation.

It's not an inevitability yet, it's possible we might squeak 19th/20th, with some shrewd recruitment in January, plus there are other basket case candidates. We should pretty much know by the end of January. That's when you can start planning for visits to Accrington and Cheltnum.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 21:15:14 »

Just home. That was fucking shit. As soon Rochdale scored the 2nd, we crumbled and they should have won 5/6 by the end. It's pathetic how mentally weak every player is in that squad. Defensively we are a complete shambles, it is so easy to score or even just get a corner against us. Rochdale were able to just run through about 3/4 of our players on a couple of occasions. The atmosphere was actually relatively positive until the 3rd went in. Branco came over and had a conversation with an unhappy fan at the end, fair play for coming over but I personally don't give a shit whether you apologise or not. Show me on the fucking pitch. We need a leader in defence and we need a horrible bastard in the centre of midfield who doesn't take any shit.

I feel the same way about this lot that I did when we relegated last time - Some decent players in the squad and we can turn it around with some decent results and good signings in Jan. I'm worried.

Vigs - Did nothing wrong, made a few good saves.

Furlong - Poor, let Rochdale's left side get too many crosses in. Pushed of the ball too easy.
Branco - Actually didn't do too much wrong, none of the goals were his fault, best of the back 4 imo.
Jones - Didn't get enough of the ball for Rochdale's 3rd(?), doesn't look convincing.
Boo - FUCKING USELESS. Lost every 50/50, kept letting the fucking ball bounce, 4th goal was a joke. Worst player on the pitch.

Barry - Considering we had 2 RB's on, offered Furlong no protection and nothing going forward. Lost his man for the 1st
Smith - Ran around a lot, not too much quality on display today.
Rodgers - Didn't do anything majorly wrong, average display.
Doughty - He is our best player, been disappointed recently. A few good touches but went missing for large periods.
Goddard - Frustrating. Worked himself into a few good positions in the first half, final ball let him down.

Obika - Great to see him back, bit rusty but looks a much better option than Norris/Delf.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 21:21:49 »

thanks for the write up, I think. always good to hear from people who were there. mad bastards!
woolster

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 21:54:32 »

Let's be honest, ordinarily Sherwood wouldn't look twice at a club like ours. If he wasn't Power's chum he wouldn't be here.

The chummy set-up isn't working. Staff and players don't appear to give a fuck - the fans likewise.

Power now has eyes on 2 other clubs - whatever 'passion' he has for STFC is going to be diluted.

I agree with this bit
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 21:55:14 »

Just home. That was fucking shit. As soon Rochdale scored the 2nd, we crumbled and they should have won 5/6 by the end. It's pathetic how mentally weak every player is in that squad. Defensively we are a complete shambles, it is so easy to score or even just get a corner against us. Rochdale were able to just run through about 3/4 of our players on a couple of occasions. The atmosphere was actually relatively positive until the 3rd went in. Branco came over and had a conversation with an unhappy fan at the end, fair play for coming over but I personally don't give a shit whether you apologise or not. Show me on the fucking pitch. We need a leader in defence and we need a horrible bastard in the centre of midfield who doesn't take any shit.

I feel the same way about this lot that I did when we relegated last time - Some decent players in the squad and we can turn it around with some decent results and good signings in Jan. I'm worried.

Vigs - Did nothing wrong, made a few good saves.

Furlong - Poor, let Rochdale's left side get too many crosses in. Pushed of the ball too easy.
Branco - Actually didn't do too much wrong, none of the goals were his fault, best of the back 4 imo.
Jones - Didn't get enough of the ball for Rochdale's 3rd(?), doesn't look convincing.
Boo - FUCKING USELESS. Lost every 50/50, kept letting the fucking ball bounce, 4th goal was a joke. Worst player on the pitch.

Barry - Considering we had 2 RB's on, offered Furlong no protection and nothing going forward. Lost his man for the 1st
Smith - Ran around a lot, not too much quality on display today.
Rodgers - Didn't do anything majorly wrong, average display.
Doughty - He is our best player, been disappointed recently. A few good touches but went missing for large periods.
Goddard - Frustrating. Worked himself into a few good positions in the first half, final ball let him down.

Obika - Great to see him back, bit rusty but looks a much better option than Norris/Delf.

BOO is fucking dreadful. Surely TS has realised this by now.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 22:16:51 »

BOO is fucking dreadful. Surely TS has realised this by now.

Agreed, he should've been shown the door after the laughing gas incident. We're a shambles at the moment. I can see dropping down a league if we're not careful.

I just don't know what else to say that isn't the same as everyone else.

The squad has potential but they're crying out for a few experienced heads.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 23:08:52 »

It's not an inevitability yet, it's possible we might squeak 19th/20th, with some shrewd recruitment in January, plus there are other basket case candidates. We should pretty much know by the end of January. That's when you can start planning for visits to Accrington and Cheltnum.

As I said Reg.
Can't defend. Can't score. Mentally weak.
Got relegation written all over it.

Won't even have the funds/time/ability to have a major overhaul in January and that doesn't even take into account actually attracting players.

Reckon Sherwood could still do a job in the middle of the park?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 01:07:49 »

As a psychologist (yes I mentioned it again - if that annoys you I'm sorry, but deal with it) I am very much of the opinion these problems go a lot deeper than an individual feeling the players just can't be bothered. But:

1.) Fans have been calling out for this amazing, experienced defender without naming names, other than Al-Abd.l, for a long time. Where is this player going to come from?

2.) No one moaned about the model when Pritchard/Gladwin/Luongo were here. It's clearly not worked this season, but the plan was clearly the same. Who should we have signed?

3.) We've now got a squad who are if anything, terrified. Are there youth teamers who deserve a run out?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 01:27:04 »

As a psychologist (yes I mentioned it again - if that annoys you I'm sorry, but deal with it) I am very much of the opinion these problems go a lot deeper than an individual feeling the players just can't be bothered. But:

1.) Fans have been calling out for this amazing, experienced defender without naming names, other than Al-Abd.l, for a long time. Where is this player going to come from?

2.) No one moaned about the model when Pritchard/Gladwin/Luongo were here. It's clearly not worked this season, but the plan was clearly the same. Who should we have signed?

3.) We've now got a squad who are if anything, terrified. Are there youth teamers who deserve a run out?

A lot of people have problems with experts like psychologists Ells. Consider Clement Freud, grandson of daddy of the ology Sigmund, elected MP for Horlock's lot, but posthumously flagged up as a paedo.

1) Not our problem, it's up to the DoF to identify this player and get him in. We just need to go to games.

2) The plan didn't work last season, enough evidence to suggest that some lessons might have been learned if we were to progress.

3) Terrified  Hmmm might be a bit strong. These are young lads, who even at STFC will be banking money well beyond the ability of their peers. Jordan Young?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 07:15:54 »

No wonder Russell Slade was sacked after losing to us..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 08:19:59 »

Its all down to shit recruitment and a piss poor budget really. We got lucky last season with Ajose's goals but this time we dont have the firepower to keep us up.

Don't agree with the budget comment. Out of interest what do you think it is?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: