Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afc Rochdale v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 61827 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:24:30 »

Let's be honest, ordinarily Sherwood wouldn't look twice at a club like ours. If he wasn't Power's chum he wouldn't be here.

The chummy set-up isn't working. Staff and players don't appear to give a fuck - the fans likewise.

Power now has eyes on 2 other clubs - whatever 'passion' he has for STFC is going to be diluted.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:25:03 »

It's obvious to Swindon Town fans who's 'in charge'. But for outsiders, well, it's a mess regardless.

Not all fans, from some of the messages I read. Even as a fan I think the whole thing a bit necessarily convoluted. Was it you that said "co managers".
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:26:45 »

Eh? How?

You can't show your ability without a sense of will to win, allied to the fitness of mind and body to express yourself. Too many of our players, lack the fitness of mind and body, and have little will to win.....therefore are unable to demonstrate much ability as a footballer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:27:00 »

The chummy set-up isn't working. Staff and players don't appear to give a fuck - the fans likewise.

Er, its a bit early for that. He's been here a week and hasn't got much to work with!

I'd like to see him take proper control, get in the dugout, bin LW back to the training ground and go from there. But we'll see how it goes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:28:47 »

Its a bloody odd setup. I scoffed at people last week who asked who the manager was. Sherwood, obviously, he's in charge of everything.

But he doesn't talk to the press, stays in the stands and passes who knows what to someone else to tell the players.
Seems like he wants to take all the decsions, but none of the responsibility. We've already got a team full of gutless bottlers, not sure we need another upstairs
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:29:26 »

You can't show your ability without a sense of will to win, allied to the fitness of mind and body to express yourself. Too many of our players, lack the fitness of mind and body, and have little will to win.....therefore are unable to demonstrate much ability as a footballer.
Fair enough, put like that, makes sense
Flashheart

« Reply #186 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:30:16 »

The chummy set-up isn't working.

Knee-jerk much?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:33:17 »

I'm waiting for wobbybob to say he's seen them on the motorway hard shoulder. Then that he's thrown a bottle of green piss at them. That's knee jerk Wink
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:33:29 »

Not all fans, from some of the messages I read. Even as a fan I think the whole thing a bit necessarily convoluted. Was it you that said "co managers".

I say a lot of things Smiley

Sherwood does the majority but Williams hasn't been demoted so the 'co-' logic remains.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:34:24 »

Knee-jerk much?
In as much as the normal situation with Sherwood coming in would be Williams going out. Trying to keep everyone happy by an owner who is not at the club on a day to day basis is muddying the waters.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:39:21 »

In as much as the normal situation with Sherwood coming in would be Williams going out. Trying to keep everyone happy by an owner who is not at the club on a day to day basis is muddying the waters.

I'm fairly sure that Sherwood won't be around for long.....
Flashheart

« Reply #191 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:40:27 »

Williams has been demoted, we all know that. They're just being diplomatic about it.

Personally I would also like to hear Tactics Tim's thoughts rather than Luke's, but that's just a personal preference. I also wonder if it might help the players if TT was in the dugout from kick-off.

Only 2 (league) games in so far though. I'm hoping we'll see less Rochdale and more Charlton. I had a look at the fixtures list earlier though and there's not many 'easy' games coming up.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:42:04 »

I'm fairly sure that Sherwood won't be around for long.....
Well, if you think that and if the players think that it's hardly surprising we've just been tonked by a non league team and another with 10 players missing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:42:04 »

I had a look at the fixtures list earlier though and there's not many 'easy' games coming up.

We can rule out complacency then.
Flashheart

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 20:45:51 »

We can rule out complacency then.

Which is definitely the root of the problem. We'll be in the playoffs by Christmas.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: