Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The training ground.  (Read 68541 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:11:40 »

blimey,this is boring

Welcome to the world of planning committees...

granted, but I'm not sure how they managed it by the casting vote by the chair ( he gets 2 votes one as him and one as the chair??)

Its normal for the chair to have a casting vote if votes are tied, sounds like it was a close thing though.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 12:31:28 »

7-7 , I think the chair didn't fancy an appeal ( and he's a season ticket holder).
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 12:59:16 »

7-7 , I think the chair didn't fancy an appeal ( and he's a season ticket holder).

Just out of interest did he have to declare an interest at the start of the meeting?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 13:19:17 »

erm , sort of , he asked the council officer at the start, who didn't think it was a problem.
Is it comparable with having a case of Aldi wine under the stairs when deciding their planning permission (bought and paid for, obviously)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 14:10:59 »

Just out of interest did he have to declare an interest at the start of the meeting?

It would be a pretty tenuous "interest" though.  The application for planning was in no way directly related to how good Swindon are to watch on a weekend.  In fact, some could argue holding a season ticket to be a sort of punishment.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 14:17:29 »

It would be a pretty tenuous "interest" though.  The application for planning was in no way directly related to how good Swindon are to watch on a weekend.  In fact, some could argue holding a season ticket to be a sort of punishment.

But possibly related to keeping the club alive. FWIW I think he did right to mention it to avoid it becoming an issue.

I could argue this either way, would depend if I were acting for the applicant or an objector....  Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 09:40:49 »

Interesting that the club has to pay 600k for affordable housing as part of the planning.

Why the club?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 09:43:32 »

Interesting that the club has to pay 600k for affordable housing as part of the planning.

Why the club?

Wasn't the application made in the name of the club?
Flashheart

« Reply #233 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 09:47:45 »

Is it the club or Swinton reds?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 09:51:34 »

Why the club?

A commuted sum to offset no affordable housing being provided on the site very normal practice, will be within a legal agreement between the applicant (STFC) and the council, where the money actually comes from is pretty irrelevant insofar as Power is the Club and the Club is Power.

Cannot access the application documents at the moment (the website is broken), but from recollection yes the applicant was STFC and they also signed certificate A suggesting that the applicant was the owner of the site.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:08:41 »

If the application is made in the name of the club, I assume there's no way to separate that £600k liability from the planning permission itself? i.e. Power couldn't transfer the land and permission to another company controlled by himself without also transferring the £600k?
Flashheart

« Reply #236 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:13:12 »

If he tried to shift the 600k onto the club then any potential buyers would need to agree to that extra cost if they do decide to go ahead.

Otherwise, he'd be lumbered with a club he apparently doesn't want.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:22:06 »

Is it the club or Swinton reds?

Fair question, hopefully Horlock can answer when the website returns.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:26:56 »

If the application is made in the name of the club, I assume there's no way to separate that £600k liability from the planning permission itself? i.e. Power couldn't transfer the land and permission to another company controlled by himself without also transferring the £600k?

As noted above who's name the application is made in is pretty irrelevant as the land can be sold with planning permission to just about anyone (and the associated s.106 reassigned), likewise as Power is the owner of STFC, Swinton, Seekbeck etc nothing to stop him parking it where ever he likes really.

I am still of the opinion that I would be very surprised if Power develops the housing site, whilst the returns are greater it introduces a whole new level of risk and uncertainty into proceedings, whilst borrowing is cheap (and for one he has a decent asset here that he can borrow against), the house market is rather uncertain at the moment. My gut feeling is he will flog the housing site on and just take the cash, probably do the horsey bit but no idea about the training ground.

If he tried to shift the 600k onto the club then any potential buyers would need to agree to that extra cost if they do decide to go ahead.

Otherwise, he'd be lumbered with a club he apparently doesn't want.

If he shifts the £600k liability to the club that would include shifting the housing site to the club which is worth a fair wodge of cash so it would actually make the club more attractive.
Flashheart

« Reply #239 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:29:32 »

If he shifts the £600k liability to the club that would include shifting the housing site to the club which is worth a fair wodge of cash so it would actually make the club more attractive.

Good point.

Potentially more attractive to the wrong type of investor, but that doesn't change what you say.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: