Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The training ground.  (Read 68940 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 14:27:35 »

Hell of a coincidence though isn't it.

It's 'a bit' of a coincidence, but not one that stretches the realms of plausibility.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 14:40:26 »

You'd hope a new owner might see the value in the plot and the fact that the building permission has already been granted - and choose to go ahead and complete it themselves. Maybe it will be included as part of any deal - no doubt Power will be wanting to shift that land unless he has other plans for it.

But that all depends on the wealth and plans any new owners might have.
That’s how I see it. Power builds his houses and stables and sells off the portion, supposedly, set aside for the training ground.

He’d be a cunt of the highest order if he signs the club up to future leasing of the training facility at an extortionate rate.

Presume said facility would have actually be built before he could tie the club to renting it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 15:20:45 »

That’s how I see it. Power builds his houses and stables and sells off the portion, supposedly, set aside for the training ground.

Having given it some thought, I wonder whether he may actually be playing a rather longer game to squeeze even more value out of the site....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 15:42:37 »

Be interesting to see how/when he funds the start of this. Presume it’s all dependent on the housing permission.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 15:53:15 »

Be interesting to see how/when he funds the start of this. Presume it’s all dependent on the housing permission.

The only real value in the site (as it stands) is the housing permission, there is however a possible further value if he bides his time and plays clever, as noted above will depend on how long he can play for and put in up front.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 16:00:15 »

Having given it some thought, I wonder whether he may actually be playing a rather longer game to squeeze even more value out of the site....
and how does he do that?

or do you mean the 'rent it to the club' idea
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 16:22:13 »

and how does he do that?

or do you mean the 'rent it to the club' idea

Without going into detail (I ain't giving him free planning advice!!) the principle of development has now been established on both the training ground and stables site, whilst if the housing is passed the principle of sustainability has been established on the housing site. Opens a whole new range of opportunity in planning policy terms.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 16:43:42 »

Assume the houses will come first, then he will build the stables and then will build a new training facility with any money left over.

Wasn't the planning permission for the training round all done by stfc (wasn't Fraser Digby involved somewhere), does that mean anything in terms of ownership ?

If power buggers of sometime soon for e.g. and the training ground is being built and he decided to offer the club a contract at a much higher rate than the pepper corn rent he mentioned I wonder if there will be anything legally that the club can then say we are not interested in a training ground at those costs.

Then would power be able to put anything else there if the planning permission says training ground or would it just be a field for the horses to crap over ?

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 16:45:25 »

Power is by no means short of money.

He just refuses to throw any more money to finance STFC knowing he wants out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 16:47:08 »

Then would power be able to put anything else there if the planning permission says training ground or would it just be a field for the horses to crap over ?

I would imagine he would have to put in an application for change of use if the other planning permission requirements had been granted.

I think?  Hmmm

Horlock will obviously know for certain.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 16:47:52 »

Wasn't the planning permission for the training round all done by stfc (wasn't Fraser Digby involved somewhere), does that mean anything in terms of ownership ?

Nope, I could apply for planning permission to build a house in your garden, and as long as I served legal notice on you to say I was submitting the application thats the only planning consideration!

See my post above yours. I would suggest that the training ground use is sui generis and thus he would need to apply for PP again for something else as there is no PD change of use available, but the principle of development stands and if he builds it potentially it becomes Previously Developed Land which opens a whole new world up.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 16:50:20 by horlock07 » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 17:05:35 »

I assume that if permission is granted, Power can fairly easily get a developer/funder to front up the money for the development work for both the houses and the training ground on a profit share basis.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 17:17:22 »

I assume that if permission is granted, Power can fairly easily get a developer/funder to front up the money for the development work for both the houses and the training ground on a profit share basis.

Yep, albeit I would be amazed if Power didn't just flip the housing site to a developer rather than having the ball ache of building out, selling etc etc.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 18:09:28 »

blimey,this is boring
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 18:56:42 »

granted, but I'm not sure how they managed it by the casting vote by the chair ( he gets 2 votes one as him and one as the chair??)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 19:01:44 by ron dodgers » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: