Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The training ground.  (Read 69077 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 09:28:49 »

Bump

Seems he has the go-ahead now https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19073260.town-owner-power-gets-green-light-horse-training-complex-golf-course-site/

I am hoping this is what he was holding out for before fucking off
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 09:36:29 »

I suspect he needs approval for the houses to fund it/make his money.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 09:48:40 »

Houses application goes to planning committee for determination at 6pm this evening, I assume anyone interested can watch the planning committee do its democratic thang online.

Officer recommendation is for approval and I cannot see anything on a brief scan of the Officers Report tying the houses to the training ground.

I suspect that if this passes we may see a departure!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 10:26:30 »

Anyone going to watch the link and share some screens?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 10:29:08 »

Houses application goes to planning committee for determination at 6pm this evening, I assume anyone interested can watch the planning committee do its democratic thang online.

Officer recommendation is for approval and I cannot see anything on a brief scan of the Officers Report tying the houses to the training ground.

I suspect that if this passes we may see a departure!

Why can’t it be 7pm!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 10:39:37 »

This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:26:11 »

After recent events, please tell me it's not a Zoom call
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:44:54 »

Bump

Seems he has the go-ahead now https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19073260.town-owner-power-gets-green-light-horse-training-complex-golf-course-site/

So is this horse racing trainer, Sean Curran, any relation to our favourite centre back?
Flashheart

« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:47:15 »

So is this horse racing trainer, Sean Curran, any relation to our favourite centre back?

I don't think he is.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:49:00 »

Why can’t it be 7pm!

No idea, lots of planning committees seem to have changed from 7pm to 6pm post covid.

After recent events, please tell me it's not a Zoom call

It will be some sort of online platform, no idea what SBC use. There were a fair few cases  of similar disruption to committee meetings at the start of the lockdown, not heard of any recently.

I assume the link on here will become live prior to the meeting? http://ww5.swindon.gov.uk/moderngov/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=281&MId=10404&Ver=4

It has been suggested that he is Currans old man albeit others suggest that Curran senior is some sort of packaging magnet.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:53:44 by horlock07 » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:13:29 »

No idea, lots of planning committees seem to have changed from 7pm to 6pm post covid.

I meant so we could watch something instead of the game haha
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:35:06 »

Good news if it goes ahead. Not only because it increases the prospect of a new training ground, but the prospect that we’ll make progress with respect to the ownership situation. The land becomes more valuable, he can sell it to a developer, and potentially use funds from that to settle with Standing.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:57:37 »

Good news if it goes ahead. Not only because it increases the prospect of a new training ground, 

Not entirely convince that it will, I had assumed that the Council would try in some way to link the training ground and houses application so that the houses could not be built unless the training facility was provided. I have not read the committee report in any detail, but from a scan it looks like the houses permission (if granted) will be unfettered by any such tie, so in theory Power can sell the housing site with permission for a tidy profit, build his stables and sack off the training ground.

Unless he can manage to tie the club down to a hefty rental for the training ground before he sells, I don't really see how it makes economic sense to build it for him, especially if he is trying to get out.

As noted earlier, I do wonder/hope that getting the most lucrative part of the scheme passed may accelerate his departure.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:59:51 »

This seems to have been comprehensively dismissed on Twitter, including by people who know Sean Curran
Flashheart

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 14:10:34 »

Not entirely convince that it will, I had assumed that the Council would try in some way to link the training ground and houses application so that the houses could not be built unless the training facility was provided. I have not read the committee report in any detail, but from a scan it looks like the houses permission (if granted) will be unfettered by any such tie, so in theory Power can sell the housing site with permission for a tidy profit, build his stables and sack off the training ground.

Unless he can manage to tie the club down to a hefty rental for the training ground before he sells, I don't really see how it makes economic sense to build it for him, especially if he is trying to get out.

As noted earlier, I do wonder/hope that getting the most lucrative part of the scheme passed may accelerate his departure.

You'd hope a new owner might see the value in the plot and the fact that the building permission has already been granted - and choose to go ahead and complete it themselves. Maybe it will be included as part of any deal - no doubt Power will be wanting to shift that land unless he has other plans for it.

But that all depends on the wealth and plans any new owners might have.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: