Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125446 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 17:11:31 »

To be fair, you've only got names - they could have been sold for £50 a pop

But one of those would have funded the lease on the training ground for its entire duration! We have got to look at the big picture here.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 17:15:47 »

Glad to see Paul Mason had a point all along. Might shut up 1 or 2 of the know-it-allers on here.
To whom are you referring old chap?
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 17:58:48 »

Six figures, apparently. Though that is probably over time. Sounds like a decent chunk up front too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 18:36:33 »

Got to be honest, I've no idea if this is a 'normal' thing to happen or not because I rarely bother with following things outside the fringes of the first team.

Does appear that we sell almost anything we can at the moment*. Whether that's just the reality of break even, to invest in training facilities/youth football, pay for floodlights  or something else is hard to say. It doesn't feel normal simply because its not what normally happens in a season...

* we could of course be discretely turning down offers every day..
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 21:10:12 »

Got to be honest, I've no idea if this is a 'normal' thing to happen or not because I rarely bother with following things outside the fringes of the first team.

Does appear that we sell almost anything we can at the moment*. Whether that's just the reality of break even, to invest in training facilities/youth football, pay for floodlights  or something else is hard to say. It doesn't feel normal simply because its not what normally happens in a season...

* we could of course be discretely turning down offers every day..

If they are under 16 then it gets difficult when bigger clubs come calling. They can sign with who they want and we are at risk of what a tribunal might offer. Maybe it's better to negotiate a fee and sell on than lose out.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 21:29:18 »

Im suprised the club or the academy itself hasnt publicised this, shows the academy is developing talent whether that be for the first team or to sell
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 21:44:23 »

And the honest answer is: who knows
This. Which is why the debate exists. NOBODY knows exactly where the money is gone/goes/is going to!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 21:46:06 »

To whom are you referring old chap?
The posters who shot him down in flames when he raised this point.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 21:53:07 »

And we still don't know if it's right. All I've seen is 2 names mentioned by Sam, no evidence to back it up. If it was a court case it would be thrown out for lack of evidence. So until I see it in writing, it will stay as how it started, a rumour and a question. And I would suspect that it will be a question for the next phone in.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 21:53:27 »

Wouldn't those deals be under EPPP? If so, aren't the fees fixed and very much geared to appearances etc?
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 22:40:37 »

And we still don't know if it's right. All I've seen is 2 names mentioned by Sam, no evidence to back it up. If it was a court case it would be thrown out for lack of evidence. So until I see it in writing, it will stay as how it started, a rumour and a question. And I would suspect that it will be a question for the next phone in.
Not sure how to give you proof. Will do my best. Here's a start: https://twitter.com/JaydenLawson7
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 22:46:16 »

I'm also very confident it's true (the fact they've been sold) though that may not hold any clout. Interestingly, and could be totally irrelevant, the managing director and founder of iPro is also a 'Bogle' and seems to be a relation.
Flashheart

« Reply #282 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 06:50:40 »

The posters who shot him down in flames when he raised this point.

You seemed to be confused dear boy. I've just had a look back through this thread and saw nobody shoot anybody down over  mentioning the sale of a couple of kids, at most a couple mentioned they hadn't heard of it and wondered if the information is correct.

Now, onto more pressing matters, what's happened to the Benjamins?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 09:37:30 »

You seemed to be confused dear boy. I've just had a look back through this thread and saw nobody shoot anybody down over  mentioning the sale of a couple of kids, at most a couple mentioned they hadn't heard of it and wondered if the information is correct.

Now, onto more pressing matters, what's happened to the Benjamins?
Calm down sweetheart. You seem to throw your toys out of the pram everytime somebody has the temerity to disagree with you. You'd do well to realise it's not the Flashheart show on here. You were one of the ones who sarcastically responded about where the money had gone when he mentioned the youngsters being sold. It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about opinion & debate. As I've mentioned before a set of accounts would clear a lot of things up & until/when they are produced & made public supporters have the right to ask questions. Surely the very nature of this football club demands that suppirters act with an air of caution at all times?

Flashheart

« Reply #284 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 09:45:12 »

lolz.

I explained where my criticism was directed quite clearly. It's there for you to read again at will.

You seem to throw your toys out of the pram everytime somebody has the temerity to disagree with you

Do you not have a sense of irony? This didn't even involve you and you're taking it to heart.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: