Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This is a thread for moaning about refugees and stuff.  (Read 50696 times)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 09:33:38 »

Dunno. Currently weighing it up. Some of the shit getting thrown my way about me personally is still coming in, and those people can get fucked. So I'm going to see how an Oxford away display goes and if I am still getting it I'll call it a day.

Regardless of where people stand on the banner issue, some of the stuff that's been said publicly about Jay, and to a lesser extent people who've supported him, has been utterly disgusting. Dreadful way to treat fellow fans even if you do disagree with them politically. Found it all quite depressing really.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 09:55:37 »

Dunno. Current weighing it up. Some of the shit getting thrown my way about me personally is still coming in, and those people can get fucked. So I'm going to see how an Oxford away display goes and if I am still getting it I'll call it a day.

Don't give up over something that has nothing to do with football.

I was personally against the banner (inside the ground) but think the insults and attacks you have received have been way OTT.

I really hope you continue with the great work with the displays which have been brilliant and have improved the atmosphere. The Sheff Utd play off game summed it up.

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 10:32:31 »

I'm all for people helping others but politicising a fanbase doesn't sit right with me. I go to football as an escape from all this stuff as much as anything else and I'm sure it's the same for many others, this has just caused unnecessary tension.

One banner at a football ground has caused you tension?  Really?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 10:33:34 »

Regardless of where people stand on the banner issue, some of the stuff that's been said publicly about Jay, and to a lesser extent people who've supported him, has been utterly disgusting. Dreadful way to treat fellow fans even if you do disagree with them politically. Found it all quite depressing really.

Jay has probably learned a valuable lesson though, stick your head above the parapet into a politically sensitive issue and you can expect brickbats as well as bouquets.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 10:49:39 »

One banner at a football ground has caused you tension?  Really?

I think he means tension caused on social media between those apposed to the idea, and those pro it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 10:52:58 »

And asking for money towards it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 10:55:58 »

And asking for money towards it.

Right, you can do one with that comment, mate. We've been able to donate £200 to actually try and help because of this whole campaign and other clubs have done similar.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 11:00:25 »

What a bite.

Some people do not like being asked for money. That's life. It's like those annoying people that knock on your door at 9pm at night from a 'charity'.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 11:03:28 »

Jay has probably learned a valuable lesson though, stick your head above the parapet into a politically sensitive issue and you can expect brickbats as well as bouquets.

Agreed, but it goes too far when people falsely accuse him, as they did on FB, of embezzling money, just because they disagree with him. That's not political debate, that's being a cunt.

Ditto the people, on the same site, who called a girl a bitch, just because she disagreed with them, and accused her of 'googling her views' simply because, well a women couldn't be articulate

Again, not political debate, just being a cunt.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 11:07:59 »

What a bite.

Some people do not like being asked for money. That's life. It's like those annoying people that knock on your door at 9pm at night from a 'charity'.

Hardly. I wasn't asking for money. I never tweeted directly at anyone or chased individuals for it. It was just some general tweets about it. Not forcing anyone to do anything. So I think the comparison to Chuggers that come to your house is a bit ridiculous.

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 11:08:49 »

Agreed, but it goes too far when people falsely accuse him, as they did on FB, of embezzling money, just because they disagree with him. That's not political debate, that's being a cunt.

Ditto the people, on the same site, who called a girl a bitch, just because she disagreed with them, and accused her of 'googling her views' simply because, well a women couldn't be articulate

Again, not political debate, just being a cunt.

All of that is relatively mild...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 11:12:13 »

All of that is relatively mild...

400 facebook notifications of people saying I "suck Syrian refugee dick", how much of a cunt I am, how I only ask people to donate so I can pocket it, posting my profile picture in said thread, etc etc.

Yes, it's all pretty mild, but when you get personal abuse from people 24 hours a day on Twitter, here and Facebook it does grate a little bit.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 11:15:29 »

So I think the comparison to Chuggers that come to your house is a bit ridiculous.

Why this obsession with everyone's house, if you so much as suggest that Syrian Refugees might not be all horrendous ISIS rapists on Facebook, you get told 'Well why don't you have one in your house then', even if, as in my case, you live in a flat and have no spare room.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 11:17:11 »

Why this obsession with everyone's house, if you so much as suggest that Syrian Refugees might not be all horrendous ISIS rapists on Facebook, you get told 'Well why don't you have one in your house then', even if, as in my case, you live in a flat and have no spare room.

I live in a flat in Bath with the missus. If you've seen a Bath flat, you'll know they're absolutely tiny.

But I know what you mean. It's like raising money or whatever we've done isn't allowed. We are only allowed to help refugees by physically taking refugees into our homes.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 11:17:55 »

I really hope that events don't ever conspire to lead anyone in this country to have to leave their home and flee as a refugee.

The sheer chaos the wider Syrian crisis has caused makes me wonder whether the country would just implode if the average brit had to deal with this themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: