Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191353 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #840 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:21:57 »

That's shit bud sorry to hear that, they are very misleading then as it states all routes on their line. Is just typical of our predicament for these playoffs, as if nobody wants us to progress. So it's not just the football league full of shit  What the fuck? Harsh Funny Harsh Funny
We got the train up for the JPT and there were about 50 Town fans got on between Crewkerne and Yeovil. Wont be so many this time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #841 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:15:51 »

I chanced across an email from the Football League customer services (a certain Andrew Pomfret) so I asked him why they were being so greedy over ticket prices. Among the various justifications and excuses he mentioned:

"The Play-Off finals are some of our most prestigious events of the season and as such are lucrative events for The Football League and also for the finalist clubs involved."

"...in terms of a one-off showpiece event at the country’s National stadium, there are relatively few major alternative entertainment events (shows/concerts for example) that would be cheaper in comparison if held at the same or similar venue."

Regarding revenue (surely net profit after Wembley has taken its fee/cut)...50% is split between the two finalists and the other 50% is paid into the pool account which is then distributed amongst the clubs. The FL regards itself as non-profit making but runs competitions to generate revenue for all of its 72 member clubs.

Irks me that some of my ticket cost is going to bristol City and the Pox.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:36:47 »

Basically, fuck off if you don't like it. Doesn't address why they wouldn't make the cheaper seats available at all.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 17:37:06 »

I chanced across an email from the Football League customer services (a certain Andrew Pomfret) so I asked him why they were being so greedy over ticket prices. Among the various justifications and excuses he mentioned:

"The Play-Off finals are some of our most prestigious events of the season and as such are lucrative events for The Football League and also for the finalist clubs involved."

"...in terms of a one-off showpiece event at the country’s National stadium, there are relatively few major alternative entertainment events (shows/concerts for example) that would be cheaper in comparison if held at the same or similar venue."

Regarding revenue (surely net profit after Wembley has taken its fee/cut)...50% is split between the two finalists and the other 50% is paid into the pool account which is then distributed amongst the clubs. The FL regards itself as non-profit making but runs competitions to generate revenue for all of its 72 member clubs.

Irks me that some of my ticket cost is going to bristol City and the Pox.

Yeah, so prestigious that div 1 and 2 are not included in full club Wembley members package....utter bollocks. That costs about £20k plus a year...

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 18:00:55 »

Jutty gets his ticket!

* image.jpg (113.63 KB, 960x720 - viewed 136 times.)

Clems Army!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #845 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 18:22:23 »

Should I be worried my tickets aren't here yet?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 18:23:33 »

Its OK, your postman had loads of reasonably priced spares Wink
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 18:39:58 »

No panic.
Spoken to the club if no show Friday the club will arrange them to be collected from Wembley stadium on the day. Still behind on posting them out -Ticketmaster.
Reckon they will come tomorrow.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:07:54 »

My tickets came today, and I ordered mine last Tuesday, so tickets are still being sent out.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:39:18 »

Postage fee is a disgrace considering the time they're taking to post the tickets out.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:54:28 »

Postage fee is a disgrace considering the time they're taking to post the tickets out.

Not to mention is just regular franked first class. 60 odd pence tops  Bad Mood
scott

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 19:59:22 »

The whole situation is a complete piss take out of fans who are still prepared to put their hands in their pockets.... But for how much longer will we do it ??... Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:04:29 »

I don't think the club had much choice but to use an agency in this case. 20K tickets, they'd never be able to do that in house.

Valid criticism of ticketmaster. They have always been ripoff merchants, £12 fees in total on my 4 tickets. Its no different from any of their other sales though, they rip everyone off not just STFC fans.

I know some would have preferred next day recorded, but not me - it would have been a ballache for me to have to pick them up because I missed the postie.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:12:37 »

Good points Batch, but overall does this mean that as time goes on the football fan that wants to attend games is gonna have to accept inflated/ piss take pricing, I'm not sure how much longer I will do it for.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:15:28 »

Someone else has probably posted this but can't be bothered to wade through pages of whining.

I've brought a concession ticket but noticed today when I went to give it to my dad, nowhere on the ticket does it say it's an OAP concession it has all the same info/price etc on as a full price one? what's to stop people buying OAP tickets that arnt OAPs?? They are half the price??
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: