Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191373 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 06:54:31 »

Reading back through this... it makes me laugh/cringe with the whole 'real fan' debate. If you support the team, then you support the team. There seems to be this whole trend with football fans on forums and social media, whereby they have to state exactly how long they've been supporting their team, how many times they've been this season etc. If you have other commitments and can't make a game (whatever the type, league/cup etc), it apparently makes you a 'plastic' or 'not as loyal' as some. That's not the case, it just means you have a different set of priorities.

My stag do next year is on a weekend during the football season, and my wedding is on a weekend at the end of April, which will obviously right towards the end of the season. This means more to me than a couple of games.

Additionally, the 'day tripper' thing annoys me too. Surely we should be welcoming them, rather than slagging them off? If they want to wear Jesters hats or wigs... or even face paint, why does anyone have the right to criticise them for it? Oh and don't get me started on the people that slag off the shirt/merchandise wearers.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:00:13 by DarloSTFC84 » Logged

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:04:56 »

Reading back through this... it makes me laugh/cringe with the whole 'real fan' debate. If you support the team, then you support the team. There seems to be this whole trend with football fans on forums and social media, whereby they have to state exactly how long they've been supporting their team, how many times they've been this season etc. If you have other commitments and can't make a game (whatever the type, league/cup etc), it apparently makes you a 'plastic' or 'not as loyal' as some. That's not the case, it just means you have a different set of priorities.

My stag do next year is on a weekend during the football season, and my wedding is on a weekend at the end of April, which will obviously right towards the end of the season. This means more to me than a couple of games.

Additionally, the 'day tripper' thing annoys me too. Surely we should be welcoming them, rather than slagging them off? If they want to wear Jesters hats or wigs... or even face paint, why does anyone have the right to criticise them for it? Oh and don't get me started on the people that slag off the shirt/merchandise wearers.

Yeah....but it all leads to drums....UB40, and the Dave Clkark 5.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:07:24 »

Yeah....but it all leads to drums....UB40, and the Dave Clkark 5.

I'm feeling glad all over..

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:31:59 »

You're right.  And we get this every single time we have a big game or play at Wembley.  If you're going to have a pop at 'day trippers'/occasional fans, you're taking aim at the very people the Club needs to attract more often to grow the fanbase.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #559 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:33:40 »

This thread is brilliant. A TEF classic. Good work everyone.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:40:16 »

You're right.  And we get this every single time we have a big game or play at Wembley.  If you're going to have a pop at 'day trippers'/occasional fans, you're taking aim at the very people the Club needs to attract more often to grow the fanbase.

Absolutely.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:43:28 »

This will be my second game of the season  Smiley
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:45:02 »

You disgust me.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #563 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:45:45 »

Absolutely, we need to embrace new fans not berate them for turning up to only the big games, I am sure a lot of younger fans can be hooked by a trip to Wembley too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #564 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:46:41 »

Day tripper Wink this is my third Tongue

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #565 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 07:49:46 »

We make a 'proper fan' of you yet!   Cheesy
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 08:07:34 »

i know of companies who put on coaches for their workers to go to Wembley on previous occasions - this does not appear to be happening this time, probably a sign of the financial times!!
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 08:08:02 »

I don't have a ST but attend fairly regular, i also sit in completely random places throughout the season just to chat to different people and to witness the atmosphere from around the groung. Yes sad as your dad i know  Moon
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 08:08:35 »

This thread is brilliant. A TEF classic. Good work everyone.

I haven't read the last few pages. Will I laugh or cry?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 08:09:18 »

Absolutely, we need to embrace new fans not berate them for turning up to only the big games, I am sure a lot of younger fans can be hooked by a trip to Wembley too.

Ironically it seems as though the people who berate them, are the same people who piss and moan when the allocation isn't sold..

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: